Page 28 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Before everything there was light and dark, 2 types of magic, you cant create something from nothing no matter what universe it is so all magic beyond that is either derived from light or dark, people who use faith and such call light magic divine and all healing magic is part of that light, i never said nature magic had arcane power in it, i said you can use arcane magic instead of nature in certain spells.

Light magic and divine magic are the same, Light is all about faith and willpower as you have seen many times like with frostmourne getting shattered took faith and willpower to break out of that ice and destroy frostmourne.

Chronicles prove nothing, i dont know why you keep insisting it does when it gives no information to say so, it just a general overview of magic. It seems you have no common sense whatsoever, are you a trump supporter perhaps then i may aswell just give up.

INFRACTION
    Dude, you're just flat out wrong. You need to give it up. The chronicles have proof that Death magic is COMPLETELY SEPARATE from Arcane

"Main article: Necromancy
    While the Kirin Tor consider necromancy to be a school of arcane and it has been described as an arcane art,[80][81][82] World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1 explains that necromancy is a separate branch of magic part of Death magic."

And you're also INCORRECT that you can't "create something from nothing" when there is literally ANOTHER quote saying that is exactly what happened

"Order is most commonly perceived in reality as arcane magic. Arcane energy is innately volatile, and wielding it requires intense precision and concentration. Disorder, on the other hand, manifests as highly destructive fel magic, a destructive and extremely addictive energy originating as a result of the mutual destruction of Light and Void as they collide on a cosmic scale in the Twisting Nether."

Like you're just wrong.

There are six types of magic in the universe. Arcane is merely ONE type of magical energy. It's opposite is Fel. Light's opposite is Void. Life's opposite is Death.

They are ALL separate.

In the beginning of the universe were pure Light beings and pure SHADOW beings (not arcane). They fought and created the universe including Arcane, Fel, Death, and Life magics.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Dude, you're just flat out wrong. You need to give it up. The chronicles have proof that Death magic is COMPLETELY SEPARATE from Arcane

"Main article: Necromancy
    While the Kirin Tor consider necromancy to be a school of arcane and it has been described as an arcane art,[80][81][82] World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1 explains that necromancy is a separate branch of magic part of Death magic."

And you're also INCORRECT that you can't "create something from nothing" when there is literally ANOTHER quote saying that is exactly what happened

"Order is most commonly perceived in reality as arcane magic. Arcane energy is innately volatile, and wielding it requires intense precision and concentration. Disorder, on the other hand, manifests as highly destructive fel magic, a destructive and extremely addictive energy originating as a result of the mutual destruction of Light and Void as they collide on a cosmic scale in the Twisting Nether."

Like you're just wrong.

There are six types of magic in the universe. Arcane is merely ONE type of magical energy. It's opposite is Fel. Light's opposite is Void. Life's opposite is Death.

They are ALL separate.

In the beginning of the universe were pure Light beings and pure SHADOW beings (not arcane). They fought and created the universe including Arcane, Fel, Death, and Life magics.
    The chronicles have no such proof, just because magic is called different things depending on its use doesnt mean it doesnt all come from either light or dark source.

You cant just ignore basic physics just because its a game and has magic, Before life began and before even the universe existed, there was only the Light. The Light existed as a boundless sea of living energy, swelling across all of existence, unfettered by time and space. Yet as the ever-shifting sea expanded, pockets of cold nothingness appeared. From these spaces, the Void coalesced. The Void quickly grew and began to move against the Light, and before long, the mounting tension between the two forces ignited a series of explosions that ruptured the very fabric of creation, giving birth to the physical universe.[3], its even states that there was something before the universe existed.

Arcane comes from the void, thats why mages can be plagues by demons and why the nightelves didnt want to use arcane power anymore as it draws demons, arcane magic is essentially dark magic and has to be controlled perfectly at all times.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

The chronicles have no such proof, just because magic is called different things depending on its use doesnt mean it doesnt all come from either light or dark source.

You cant just ignore basic physics just because its a game and has magic, Before life began and before even the universe existed, there was only the Light. The Light existed as a boundless sea of living energy, swelling across all of existence, unfettered by time and space. Yet as the ever-shifting sea expanded, pockets of cold nothingness appeared. From these spaces, the Void coalesced. The Void quickly grew and began to move against the Light, and before long, the mounting tension between the two forces ignited a series of explosions that ruptured the very fabric of creation, giving birth to the physical universe.[3], its even states that there was something before the universe existed.

Arcane comes from the void, thats why mages can be plagues by demons and why the nightelves didnt want to use arcane power anymore as it draws demons, arcane magic is essentially dark magic and has to be controlled perfectly at all times.
    It isn't dark magic LOL. The demons use Fel magic which is the exact opposite as Arcane magic. They are able to sense arcane magic. It has nothing to do with "drawing" demons. It isn't evil or dark at all. It's the magic that is used to create and shape things. It's basically like sculpting. Demons can sense the magic. And even still: The demons didn't even come to Azeroth because of the use of magic. That has ALSO been retconned.

Sargeras knew about Azeroth before arcane magic was used. Demons were drawn to Azeroth because Sargeras knew it was a sleeping titan world soul and wanted to harness its power the same way he was using Argus' world soul. The only thing that happened with Arcane magic was that Sargeras located Azeroth's strongest user of arcane magic (Azshara) and made a bargain with her in order for her to open a gateway through to Azeroth using arcane magic attuned with the Well of Eternity. Use of arcane magic didn't draw them there, the World Soul did. The elves just THOUGHT that arcane magic brought them there which is why they were hesitant to use it again. They saw the cause and effect of arcane magic usage as related despite the fact that they were not. Correlation does not always mean causation. The implication was that arcane use summoned demons. That was false.

End yes you certainly CAN ignore "basic physics" just because a game has magic. Hell, you can ignore basic physics in a LOT more situations than that. Any game set in any kind of alternative universe does not have to abide by earthly physics at all or in any way. It's a completely separate entity. It has its own physics. The only reason video game physics closely mirror our own is to set a sense of familiarity. It wouldn't feel like a very fun game to play if the basic functions of day to day activities were completely foreign to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    It isn't dark magic LOL. The demons use Fel magic which is the exact opposite as Arcane magic. They are able to sense arcane magic. It has nothing to do with "drawing" demons. It isn't evil or dark at all. It's the magic that is used to create and shape things. It's basically like sculpting. Demons can sense the magic. And even still: The demons didn't even come to Azeroth because of the use of magic. That has ALSO been retconned.

Sargeras knew about Azeroth before arcane magic was used. Demons were drawn to Azeroth because Sargeras knew it was a sleeping titan world soul and wanted to harness its power the same way he was using Argus' world soul. The only thing that happened with Arcane magic was that Sargeras located Azeroth's strongest user of arcane magic (Azshara) and made a bargain with her in order for her to open a gateway through to Azeroth using arcane magic attuned with the Well of Eternity. Use of arcane magic didn't draw them there, the World Soul did. The elves just THOUGHT that arcane magic brought them there which is why they were hesitant to use it again. They saw the cause and effect of arcane magic usage as related despite the fact that they were not. Correlation does not always mean causation. The implication was that arcane use summoned demons. That was false.

End yes you certainly CAN ignore "basic physics" just because a game has magic. Hell, you can ignore basic physics in a LOT more situations than that. Any game set in any kind of alternative universe does not have to abide by earthly physics at all or in any way. It's a completely separate entity. It has its own physics. The only reason video game physics closely mirror our own is to set a sense of familiarity. It wouldn't feel like a very fun game to play if the basic functions of day to day activities were completely foreign to you.
    fact is light and dark are the only 2 types of magic, everything is a variation of that source magic that basically recreated the big bang and created the physical universe from that same energy, doesnt matter what universe it is you cant create something out of nothing because matter or magic would not have exsisted at that point.

15+ Year Old Account
    fact is light and dark are the only 2 types of magic, everything is a variation of that source magic that basically recreated the big bang and created the physical universe from that same energy, doesnt matter what universe it is you cant create something out of nothing because matter or magic would not have exsisted at that point.
    So then arcane is really "Dark" and not arcane like you've been arguing this entire time. If everything is a variation of that and you can't have Arcane existing prior to light and dark existing since as you say you can't create something out of nothing.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So then arcane is really "Dark" and not arcane like you've been arguing this entire time. If everything is a variation of that and you can't have Arcane existing prior to light and dark existing since as you say you can't create something out of nothing.
    the void energy is not specifically called void magic it just mentions its referred as shadow since we dont know for 100% it still wouldnt change that arcane would be a variation of it if that were the case, but since much of the magic mentions its part of arcane is likely arcane is the source and everything is a version of it since the planets with titans themselves have pure arcane energy flowing through them and the universe was created from that light and dark energy, arcane itself is very dark in nature and unstable unless perfectly controlled.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Wait what? Ashbringer SHATTERED Frostmourne thus making it the STRONGER blade.
    More quotes from over a year ago like they were posted yesterday.

First of all, Ashbringer was Frostmourne's counterpart. My opinion has changed over time to the extent that, in the sense of physical power (using it as a weapon, not a tool), Ashbringer could very well had been on par with Frostmourne.

However, the fact it shattered Frostmourne had nothing to do with it being 'the stronger blade'. Frostmourne was hit with a fully empowered Ashbringer without being steadied (Held straight up in the air), and even then it was the light magic within Ashbringer that gave it the strength to do what it did. And most likely, the sword itself was a bit weakened because the Lich King was using its power to raise the adventurers, something that would perhaps cause it to not have its own magic strengthen itself as it normally would since it is expending that power.

There's a little bit of speculation here, but there's more than a little on the other side as well. The simple fact is that nothing in the lore has implied that Ashbringer was stronger than Frostmourne. If anything, it was the fact that Ashbringer was the hard counter to Frostmourne's source of power that made it remotely on par.

Well, at least Shadowmourne tmogg has been confirmed... That's something.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2019-11-06 at 10:47 AM.

Ayyyy at least we getting Shadowmourne boys

Quote Originally Posted by Rustaclut0 View Post
    Ayyyy at least we getting Shadowmourne boys
    Unless you play frost....sigh

Quote Originally Posted by itzLCD View Post
    Thunderfury Frost DK!

Sorry I jest, yeah hopefully 2h frost comes back and you can t-mog it then and that would look awesome if they fix the attack animations

i just wish that they would give us some cosmetic spell effects for transmog, like the shadowmourne soul fragment effect.

I hope that works when you mog shadowmourne

10+ Year Old Account
    right now you can transmog legion artifact skins for 2h over two 1h and vice versa if memory serves correctly.

maybe we get to transmog 2h shadowmourne over two generic 1h. that'd be awesome. until then: thunderfury.
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by [Apok] View Post
    i just wish that they would give us some cosmetic spell effects for transmog, like the shadowmourne soul fragment effect.

I hope that works when you mog shadowmourne
    Yes I did think the same thing but I highly doubt it, would be awesome though even if it was personal and didn't show up on other peoples screen.

Yes please! Would make up for an awesome godlike transmog!

sadly i just tried it and no frost cant tmog maw or apoc over 2 1h

Quote Originally Posted by itzLCD View Post
    Blood is the best spec .

My opinion is honestly still the same as it has been.

I feel like Death Knights got blueballed out of Frostmourne twice now. Once because it was too OP to get in WoTLK so we got Shadowmourne instead, and in Legion because they had to make a DW artifact for Frost. Not for lore reasons, because the Twinblades became more powerful than Frostmourne by the end.

So I feel like a way to remedy this would be to add a Frostmourne transmog option for DKs. Maybe have it work the same way artifact skins currently work where regardless of what weapon type you're wielding, you can transmog to it and it's just an aesthetic thing, no practical change. It could be like what they did for the Warglaives of Azzinoth if you were a Demon Hunter.

Reposting this pic. It's an object model that was made for the Frost DK questline to represent Frostmourne if I recall. Frankly, it has too much detail for me to believe it was always intended to be. I think it was at one point modeled to be the DK artifact but plans changed, leading to the twinblades and this object just being reused in the questchain because it was made anyway.

Edit: Holy shit, somehow I totally overlooked that the OP has that image and more.. I'm dumb.
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2019-12-19 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    Shadowmourne is a shitty tier C weapon.

Somehow me not being a Lich King did not prevent me from forging 2 blades from its shards. Other classes have received their iconic weapons, Ashbringer, Doomhammer and Scepter. Somehow Frostmourne is too much. LeL.
    The axe that was made to be more powerful and made to kill than Lich King is shit tier? Lol no
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    The axe that was made to be more powerful and made to kill than Lich King is shit tier? Lol no
    I think he means that Shadowmourne was asspulled when Blizzard realized that giving us Frostmourne in WoTLK would be too powerful.
    As a DK, we pretty much got blueballed twice.

Back on topic
    I really don't think there's any reason for Frostmourne to not at least be an available transmog. In lore, we've had far more powerful means, like the Twinblades at the end of Legion made from Frostmourne's very shards, the Scepter of Sargeras. Hell, Aggramar's sword and Argus' scythe are even two items that we can obtain and transmog, and those are wielded by Titans, even if they aren't full-power ones.

The model already exists as the OP shows and other than being a brief quest object in an artifact questline that people will zoom past from Legion, is just catching dust in the database.

All that really is required is for Blizzard to think of a way for DKs to unlock the skin. Maybe a questchain, maybe something similar to the Warglaives of Azzinoth transmog for DHs? Maybe a challenge in Shadowlands? It's all fair game to me.
    Last edited by Yarathir; 2019-12-19 at 11:05 PM.