Page 41 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    It's important to correct it no matter what. You might think that I'm an ass, but I did it to help you. Otherwise it can quickly become a bad habit that will transfer to your professional life.
    In most job's you would barely even write and email so it is irrelevant, unless it's needed for a certain job it is a waste of time and it won't help anyone because most people don't care.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Why are you guys even humoring Kenn? He's a liar. He will lie to continue the argument. Don't expect any honesty from him; he has none to give.

There is no reason why Frostmourne couldn't be a transmog for DKs. There doesn't need to be a lore reason for it, you are just making your mundane weapon look like a legendary weapon, nothing more.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    “Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit.” the inscription say's it all, anyone could wield the weapon, its not a DK specific weapon and that's 100% fact, the curse on the weapon makes it impossible for anyone to wield it safely. The weapon was made for the lich king and the first lich king was never a deathknight.
    And yet you call the Warglaives of Azzinoth an iconic Demon Hunter weapon despite more then demon hunters being able to use it. Again you apply different rules to the same things when you need to prop up a failed claim. Anyone can use pretty much any weapon in lore. It is why lore figures often do things that classes can not do mechanics wise.

Anyone being able to use Frostmourne does not stop it from being an iconic weapon to Death Knights. It turned Arthas into a Death Knight. Death Knights use runeblades. Frostmourne is a runeblade. It is similar to abilities Death Knights have. And most importantly the modern death knights were created by Arthas and by extension Frostmourne.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    There is no reason why Frostmourne couldn't be a transmog for DKs. There doesn't need to be a lore reason for it, you are just making your mundane weapon look like a legendary weapon, nothing more.
    This. It'd just be a flavor transmog to have Death Knights get to transmog an iconic DK weapon the way Paladins can since Legion.

It's not even a matter of "this is too powerful to wield," since we already functionally used a more powerful Frostmourne in Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Treng View Post
    Why are you guys even humoring Kenn? He's a liar. He will lie to continue the argument. Don't expect any honesty from him; he has none to give.
    Have to concur. There's nothing to be gained.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    And yet you call the Warglaives of Azzinoth an iconic Demon Hunter weapon despite more then demon hunters being able to use it. Again you apply different rules to the same things when you need to prop up a failed claim. Anyone can use pretty much any weapon in lore. It is why lore figures often do things that classes can not do mechanics wise.

Anyone being able to use Frostmourne does not stop it from being an iconic weapon to Death Knights. It turned Arthas into a Death Knight. Death Knights use runeblades. Frostmourne is a runeblade. It is similar to abilities Death Knights have. And most importantly the modern death knights were created by Arthas and by extension Frostmourne.
    i never said any weapon was an iconic weapon, any weapon that can be wielded by a player should be available for transmog, other classes like fire mage used a runeblade, anyone that got shadowmourne wielded a runeblade, there are loads of normal runeblades that dropped in WotlK and even the night elves have a runeblade. A runeblade doesn't mean DK has sole use of the weapons, it's an iconic lich king weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Treng View Post
    i have not lied about anything, everything i have said is backed up by the lore and information available, nothing you have said is backed up by the truth
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-01-14 at 10:30 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    A runeblade doesn't mean DK has sole use of the weapons, it's an iconic lich king weapon.
    But not all lich kings have used Frostmourne. So how can it be an iconic lich king weapon if Bolvar does not use it? One instance using a weapon does not make it iconic by your own logic of why Frostmourne is not iconic to Death Knights. Even though Arthas was a Death Knight. Created the modern Death Knights. And every Death Knight is styled similar to Frostmourne and scourge architecture.

But you are right. There is absolutely no special attachment to Frostmourne. Death Knights are just as random as everyone else. They have as much a connection as Kobolds.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2020-01-14 at 10:48 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

But not all lich kings have used Frostmourne. So how can it be an iconic lich king weapon if Bolvar does not use it? One instance using a weapon does not make it iconic by your own logic of why Frostmourne is not iconic to Death Knights. Even though Arthas was a Death Knight. Created the modern Death Knights. And every Death Knight is styled similar to Frostmourne and scourge architecture.

But you are right. There is absolutely no special attachment to Frostmourne. Death Knights are just as random as everyone else. They have as much a connection as Kobolds.
    He'll take your obvious sarcasm as admittance, man.

its been wielded only by the lich king but you claim its a DK iconic weapon when it has only been used by one person, if blizzard wanted to reforge frostmourne they would have but it still wouldn't be in the players hands, bolvar probably wouldn't of wanted to use it anyway even if it was not broken. The only person to have a claim to frostmourne is the lich king.

its been wielded only by the lich king but you claim its a DK iconic weapon when it has only been used by one person, if blizzard wanted to reforge frostmourne they would have but it still wouldn't be in the players hands, bolvar probably wouldn't of wanted to use it anyway even if it was not broken. The only person to have a claim to frostmourne is the lich king.
    Do you know what the Lich King is?

Actually, why am I even trying.

15+ Year Old Account
    Arthas is a Death Knight. Bolvar is the lich king so he has "claim" to it. Funny how you dismiss him not wanting to use it just because. There are a lot of things Blizzard wants to do but just because they haven't doesn't mean they can't or won't. There is nothing to say that Frostmourne can't some day end up in player hands. We have artifacts that are equal to or greater in player hands. And no one is asking for the actual blade with all its powers. Just the model. Just for Transmog.

You keep rehashing the same defeated claims as if it makes them true the 74th time you've stated them. The same things that debunked them before still debunk them now.

Arthas is a Death Knight. Bolvar is the lich king so he has "claim" to it. Funny how you dismiss him not wanting to use it just because. There are a lot of things Blizzard wants to do but just because they haven't doesn't mean they can't or won't. There is nothing to say that Frostmourne can't some day end up in player hands. We have artifacts that are equal to or greater in player hands. And no one is asking for the actual blade with all its powers. Just the model. Just for Transmog.

You keep rehashing the same defeated claims as if it makes them true the 74th time you've stated them. The same things that debunked them before still debunk them now.
    none of what i have said has been debunked at all, arthas was first a paladin, then became a DK for a short while and then became the lich king, the lich king is not a deathknight they are a necromancer. Why would bolvar want to use a cursed weapon if it still was intact, he was also tortured by arthas for a long time.

If frostmourne was a transmog then any class that can wield it would have reason to have a claim on it, its not a deathknight only weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Do you know what the Lich King is?

Actually, why am I even trying.
    when arthas put on the helm he was no longer a deathknight, he fused with nerzul and became the lich king of which is a necromancer as a deathknights power of insufficient to maintain and control untold millions of undead.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2020-01-14 at 11:48 PM.

none of what i have said has been debunked at all, arthas was first a paladin, then became a DK for a short while and then became the lich king, the lich king is not a deathknight they are a necromancer. Why would bolvar want to use a cursed weapon if it still was intact, he was also tortured by arthas for a long time.

If frostmourne was a transmog then any class that can wield it would have reason to have a claim on it, its not a deathknight only weapon.

when arthas put on the helm he was no longer a deathknight, he fused with nerzul and became the lich king of which is a necromancer as a deathknights power of insufficient to maintain and control untold millions of undead.
    Show me your fanfiction story when you finish it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    Shadowmourne is a shitty tier C weapon.

Somehow me not being a Lich King did not prevent me from forging 2 blades from its shards. Other classes have received their iconic weapons, Ashbringer, Doomhammer and Scepter. Somehow Frostmourne is too much. LeL.
    Frostmourne is different, because that weapon is part of what makes the LK the LK, it gives him power.
    While Doomhammer, Ashbringer, and the Glaives are weapons with Lore only, not just power.

I may be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Manu9 View Post
    Frostmourne is different, because that weapon is part of what makes the LK the LK, it gives him power.
    While Doomhammer, Ashbringer, and the Glaives are weapons with Lore only, not just power.

I may be wrong though.
    Frostmourne didn't make Arthas the Lich King. It made him a Death Knight. The Crown of Domination made him the Lich King. We're not asking for the Crown.

I may be wrong though.
    You're kinda wrong because the Blades of the Fallen Prince are still Frostmourne, but in another form.

It didn't lose anything other than souls at the end of WoTLK and by the end of Legion, it's stronger than Frostmourne was. We also kind of raise a dragon with it (class mount) and the new Four Horsemen. We don't raise entire armies to fight for us, but warlocks also don't get to rip apart Azeroth with portals; gameplay is gameplay.

Apocalypse, the unholy Artifact is also Frostmourne's big unholy brother with many of the same abilities and background, but having existed for longer and reaped far, far more souls. Entire civilizations, I think, is said at some point.

I may be wrong though.
    It's the crown, not sword that made the Lk the LK.

3+ Year Old Account
    frostmourne was designed to be used only by the lich king, it is never going to be a transmog and should never be one anyway.
    I’ve main’d a DK since Wraith launched, and though I lust for Frostmourne I actually agree with you. I feel that some weapons are so iconic that allowing players to run around with a copy on their backs cheapens the original.
    Last edited by Aleloron; 2020-01-16 at 08:11 AM. Reason: Autocorrect is my enema.
    Don’t ask me to explain my idiocy; I’m in my early 40’s and still don’t understand it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Issalice View Post
    I feel like if every DK was running around with Frostmourne it would be less special.
    It quite literally would be no different than Paladins running around with Ashbringer, or Mages with Felo'melorn. Hell, Warlocks get the Staff of Sargeras, which has cosmic-level power.

I think it would be more meaningful, though, if it was a reward would only the most hardcore of Death Knights. As early examples gave, imagine something like the Mage Tower challenges, except A) they scale, so you cannot out-gear them, and B) you are required to master ALL THREE specs, not just one.

So any DK running around with Frostmourne, you would know "oh snap, that is a legit DK, they are badass at playing all three specs".

10+ Year Old Account
    that's your opinion but the proper usage is only needed if it's the job you have, otherwise you just look like an ass attempting to correct people.

“Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit.”

the inscription say's it all, anyone could wield the weapon, its not a DK specific weapon and that's 100% fact, the curse on the weapon makes it impossible for anyone to wield it safely.

The weapon was made for the lich king and the first lich king was never a deathknight.
    LOL. The first Lich King was a fucking block of ice surrounding armor with a living spirit inside it. Give me a break. It was said Arthas would be the one to wield the blade. And as he was a DK that would mean it was made for a death knight.

Granted I’m against this being transmoggable. No legendary weapon should be.

But of course things will change in Shadowlands because the current team can’t stand leaving things in the past and want to retcon it all. We’re going to “learn” about its creator and more bullshit in Shadowlands. So I expect something absurd like a new furry Vulpera chick was chosen by Elune to craft the blade and got tricked by The Jailor into using materials that turned it into Frostmourne with an evil spirit lurking inside.