Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by monteiro View Post
    If you get at least 2 warbringer traits (increase damage + strength bonus on expire), arms is FAR superior to fury, in the same ilvl gear.
    Also, considering how hard is for a 2h to drop, needing 1 instead of 2 is a big advantage as well.
    I think you meant Warbreaker traits which are test of might and lord of war. None of them is better than Seismic Wave. Test of Might may be slightly better in upcoming raid. But for now SW is king.

Seismic Wave puts an end to any argument. Arms absolutely does more damage than Fury since that trait plugs its one weakness, sustained AoE. Fury can be decent and may see play in higher keys once the tuning pass happens given that it has more self-healing and arguably better defenses with Warpaint, but right now very few specs can match the trash damage of a properly kitted out Arms warrior, and on single target it is better than the undertuned Fury as well.

I played the prepatch and the first reset of BfA as Fury, and then switched to Arms from that point onwards. Arms is way better currently. Better utility, better survivability, better aoe, just downright higher single target damage.

It's quite funny because I expected fury to be way better in BfA and switched to it after playing arms through the whole Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is Seismic Wave stacking up now after the recent hotfix nerfed it down by 58%?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Paladin

Look. We already gave you guys Ashbringer. Isn’t that enough?

Deleted
    I'm currently playing Fury and it's not that far behind Arms (wasn't too far below two arms warrs with a around a 15 ilvl lead) but the ramp-up time is just a chore when you're in a group with two arms warriors, like I just was, that can bladestorm instantly. (I think, not 100% sure on what arms does).

reck -> WW -> siegebreaker ->rampage -> bladestorm...

If you're not enraged you can't bladestorm
    If you get a SD proc you need to whirlwind before it

things like that that just mean the spec feel slow, when fury is supposed to be a fast spec.
    Last edited by mmoc118a2540b5; 2018-08-25 at 08:11 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Crit, haste, cleave, sweeping strikes, dreadnought - that's all I have to say.
    No one plays Dreadnaught in dungeons.

So fury is not viable at all in 120? Arms feels slow af for me when i tried so i've been fury so far and it feels a lot better, but i'm only 118 still.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    So fury is not viable at all in 120? Arms feels slow af for me when i tried so i've been fury so far and it feels a lot better, but i'm only 118 still.
    Of course it's viable, people complain about it only because they don't like the gameplay. It may not be better than arms in certain situation, but it's not exactly dead. I play fury, currently 342 ilvl and I'm almost always at the top of dps charts both on ST and aoe in mythic dungeons. Will be going in fury when Uldir releases on the 5th with my guild as well.

Warrior class forum (and I'm guessing a lot of others) love to scream "the end is nigh", always putting up extreme examples just because they don't like something or if, as in this case, fury does less dps than arms by a small and insignificant amount. Play fury if you like the gameplay and don't listen to those who claim it's a waste.
    Last edited by Nerevar; 2018-08-26 at 07:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    Of course it's viable, people complain about it only because they don't like the gameplay. It may not be better than arms in certain situation, but it's not exactly dead. I play fury, currently 342 ilvl and I'm almost always at the top of dps charts both on ST and aoe in mythic dungeons. Will be going in fury when Uldir releases on the 5th with my guild as well.

Warrior class forum (and I'm guessing a lot of others) love to scream "the end is nigh", always putting up extreme examples just because they don't like something or if, as in this case, fury does less dps than arms by a small and insignificant amount. Play fury if you like the gameplay and don't listen to those who claim it's a waste.
    as much as i like playing fury, it is severely underpowered. I too am almost at the top of dps charts - but only when other people are weak or their items are just that far behind(and no, its not because i am doing something wrong). I needed to work my a$$ off to even compete(!) with a rogue whose ilvl was around 15 points lower than mine(and he had low ilvl weapons).

I suggest you try to get into a really good group and see how things really are.

imo the spec definitely needs a little boost.

it is not about the spec being terrible at gameplay - that is not true. it is, as always, the damage tuning that is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoldz View Post
    as much as i like playing fury, it is severely underpowered. I too am almost at the top of dps charts - but only when other people are weak or their items are just that far behind(and no, its not because i am doing something wrong). I needed to work my a$$ off to even compete(!) with a rogue whose ilvl was around 15 points lower than mine(and he had low ilvl weapons).

I suggest you try to get into a really good group and see how things really are.

imo the spec definitely needs a little boost.

it is not about the spec being terrible at gameplay - that is not true. it is, as always, the damage tuning that is needed.
    I've played a few groups with different gear, it's still not a "doomsday" scenario. Like I said fury is not the best at the moment but definitely not the worst and shouldn't be labelled "non-viable".

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    No one plays Dreadnaught in dungeons.
    You take Dreadnaught with Seismic Wave (before the nerf, not sure now)

Quote Originally Posted by Phabulous View Post
    How is Seismic Wave stacking up now after the recent hotfix nerfed it down by 58%?
    Still required if you want to do competitive dps when bladestorm is on CD and not get outdpsed by the tank.
    But it's mid tier in ST.
    Don't worry tho, mages, DHs and rogues get to still do 50k dps every pull.
    Last edited by Chowder; 2018-08-26 at 11:51 PM.