Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I really want to enjoy running around with my WW, it was even supossed be my main but is it just me or are they squishy AF? Can’t pull more than max 4 mobs and i have to pop all CD’s and i’m still almost sure to be dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsagam View Post
    I really want to enjoy running around with my WW, it was even supossed be my main but is it just me or are they squishy AF? Can’t pull more than max 4 mobs and i have to pop all CD’s and i’m still almost sure to be dead.
    Honestly monks have pretty crazy survival but most of it is linked to their touch of karma. As soon as you start the ball rolling and killing a couple of mobs then you can get alot of your health back with afterlife dropping healing spheres so the real trick is to kill the weaker mobs as fast as possible, and make sure to move into the orbs as they die. Remember you also have a stun, can roll awell to get a heal off. And pretty strong burst damage to get a group of mobs down low. Anyway, always touch of karma something with a lot of remaining health. If you karma something which dies then touch of karma automatically falls off so you suddenly lost your survival cooldown.
    monks are kind of a cooldown class to do really good damage. Outside of them their damage is probably below par so using cooldowns on a pack is nothing to worry about. Storm earth and fire I pretty much use every pack its available as its damage is very noticeable. Touch of death pretty much gets any rare boss mob to half health pretty quickly and xuen just shreds through big packs and whirling dragon punch (if youve talented it), just finishes off half a group of enemies with no questions asked.
    Then again it might just come down to gear. If you dont have the dps to get through mobs quickly, you might need to just pull smaller since we dont have that much control that other classes might have.

@OP

Nope, the design of WW in BFA sucks compared to Legion, majorly. Sluggish, gimmicky and slow. Everything WW shouldn't be.

I've played WW since MoP. Every expansion it gets more stripped down, but Legion was at least decent.

WW now is so boring I can't even play it.

Quote Originally Posted by mjolnrik View Post
    Honestly monks have pretty crazy survival but most of it is linked to their touch of karma. As soon as you start the ball rolling and killing a couple of mobs then you can get alot of your health back with afterlife dropping healing spheres so the real trick is to kill the weaker mobs as fast as possible, and make sure to move into the orbs as they die. Remember you also have a stun, can roll awell to get a heal off. And pretty strong burst damage to get a group of mobs down low. Anyway, always touch of karma something with a lot of remaining health. If you karma something which dies then touch of karma automatically falls off so you suddenly lost your survival cooldown.
    monks are kind of a cooldown class to do really good damage. Outside of them their damage is probably below par so using cooldowns on a pack is nothing to worry about. Storm earth and fire I pretty much use every pack its available as its damage is very noticeable. Touch of death pretty much gets any rare boss mob to half health pretty quickly and xuen just shreds through big packs and whirling dragon punch (if youve talented it), just finishes off half a group of enemies with no questions asked.
    Then again it might just come down to gear. If you dont have the dps to get through mobs quickly, you might need to just pull smaller since we dont have that much control that other classes might have.
    Thanks for the reply ☺️

I guess it could come down to gear in my case, after your clarification i might give it another try during this weekend.

Playing Windwalker makes me wish they gave monks a ranged spec. And why the hell does Windwalker still need to dual wield?

Too much reliance on ToK for decent sustain DPS. :/

My biggest problem is that there's a LOT of downtime of filler spells that do nothing, TP & BOK isn't particularly fun to use. They have thrown so much of our damage into ToD & ToK it's fucking stupid, doing 160k damage with ToK talented when you have a good boss to use it on.

Deleted
    Nope, mained it through WoD and Legion, got it to 120 and hated it. Rerolled already. Gutted.

Deleted
    Played since Mists launch and loved my WW......until now. I had to reroll warrior for BfA after playing monk through the beta.

I have a 110 Horde monk (former main), a 110 human monk alt and I also levelled a 110 Void Elf monk for the racial gear, I loved the class but it’s current form is rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsagam View Post
    WW Monks are probably the best dps spec at aoeing Mobs in the open world.

I can pull crazy amounts of mobs, dps them down and still end up with full hp because of the healing orbs. You just gotta make use of SEF and your stun. Basically what I do is turn on RJW, pop SEF and then use fist of the White tiger on a mob, chi wave, stun, FoF, Rising Sun Kick, whirling dragon Punch and then finish off with tiger palm and with the whirl. If you execute this correctly you're gonna stay alive because of the healing spheres that spawn when you kill a target.

I don't think that any spec in the game can AOE down this many Mobs this quickly and in such an elegant way as WW monks can.

That being said though, yes monks do have quite a few issues in BfA... but this one isn't
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2018-09-01 at 08:48 PM.

The rotation is actually much better than legion, BoK adding that extra cooldown reduction makes the spec feel much faster and less predictable than it did in legion, the big problem with WW is the tuning issue with Karma and the lack of healing, Karma has far too much of WW's dps budget baked into it whill causing WW to blow it at the start of a fight for a dps gain and not having it later for when you actually need to live through something, and WW lacks healing whill dps speced druids/shaman can basically self heal as well as a pure healer if they talent for it

As Windwalker I clear WQs in 2 pulls a lot of the time.

First pull I grab a ton, pop ToK on the biggest mob in the pack, go AOE crazy.
    Second pull I grab a ton, pop Dampen Harm, go AOE crazy, weave Leg Sweep in during AOE after Dampen drops off.

As I get low health I start orbiting around the pack I'm fighting, picking up health orbs.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

Dunno how they managed to do it, but currently BfA WW is slower than MoP WWs when we had RoRo procs.

Coming from feral druid (and tried balance), WW monk is simply god tier imo. Even after the "buff" feral druid has absolutely nothing on WW's ability to maul down a pack of mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    Dunno how they managed to do it, but currently BfA WW is slower than MoP WWs when we had RoRo procs.
    Yes week3 is slower than Antorus Windwalker.

I don't see the issue. This has the same thing for the last 15 years of WoW.

If you want to compare week3 Legion to week3 BFA, they aren't slower, just SCK is not the most powerful aoe ability in the entire game anymore.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

That's true Myta, but managing to get a spec slowet than a previous version in a, basically, 0 haste scenario is quite the accomplishment

In M0 bossfights I have perhaps 1-3 seconds with nothing to press, when everything except Blackout Kick is on cooldown.
    This is with 330 gear.

If that's slow, IDK what's fast.

Myta nailed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Silberblut View Post
    Hey guys,

I just would like to know if you are satisfied with the windwalker playstyle atm.
    I just switched to hunter this Addon, but already feel like I made a big mistake

Do you feel competitive in dungeons and world content and is the specc still fun to play at max level?

Thanks for your answers
    although the dps is still quite high usually there is alot of time where im standing auto attacking during boss fights.

Here's the problem with everyone saying that this is just early expansion gear making the class feel slow. WW's pace doesn't scale off any stats. Mastery, versatility and crit do nothing but increase the damage of our abilities. Haste is the only stat that could make the spec feel faster, but with BoK reducing cds even haste wouldn't help. The issue is we don't use stats like the other energy specs and so we get this really slow, formulaic rotation that feels hollow.