Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Well, Swift Roundhouse just took a 55% hit, dragging it from first to roughly 10th on the WW trait list. I feel so bad for monks right now

Not even a little. Maelstrom starts at zero and decays when not in combat; exactly like rage. It doesn't function at all like the energy pools of Feral/WW/Rogues.
    Any idea what our top traits are for single target dps?

Quote Originally Posted by Primiv View Post
    Any idea what our top traits are for single target dps?
    Right now? Weapon DPS > Agi > Vers > Mastery > Crit > Haste as a general guideline, but I'd sim your own toon as ymmv
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    energy is energy, like monks, rogues and feral druids cat form.
    maelstrom is a rage-like resource.
    you're wrong.
    It's still an energy source, sorry

Right now? Weapon DPS > Agi > Vers > Mastery > Crit > Haste as a general guideline, but I'd sim your own toon as ymmv
    Traits, not stats :u

I'd wager it'd be Dagger in the Back and Meridian Strikes.

But with how much damage Touch of Karma and Touch of Death do right now, I imagine Meridian being nerfed too(especially if it turns out triple stacking that trait becomes the top).

And Karma is going to be nerfed in some way, Ion mentioned having an issue with it encouraging "degenerate" play due to intentionally getting hurt to boost dps.

We're going to sorely need some compensation.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post
    Traits, not stats :u

I'd wager it'd be Dagger in the Back and Meridian Strikes.

But with how much damage Touch of Karma and Touch of Death do right now, I imagine Meridian being nerfed too(especially if it turns out triple stacking that trait becomes the top).

And Karma is going to be nerfed in some way, Ion mentioned having an issue with it encouraging "degenerate" play due to intentionally getting hurt to boost dps.

We're going to sorely need some compensation.
    MUH BAD!

My monk is an alt so I haven't paid much attention to sims - I just looked at the DPS gains from stacks of Swift Roundhouse and multiplied them by 0.45 and the resulting number I just placed on the line of DPS gains from traits. BLoodmallet seems to have massively reduced Swift Roundhouse even more than I napkin math'd, as you can see here. It went from being better than the next three traits combined to being virtually bottom of the barrel.

If you ignore the Uldir-raid-specific traits of Laser Matrix and Titan Archive (the +5 and +10, by the by, mean how powerful the trait is after that many WEEKS of clearing Uldir), then sims show Dagger in the Back is strong indeed. Meridian Strikes is really low though, because only the added damage stacks but the CDR does not.

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    It's still an energy source, sorry
    I don't know if you are trolling or not, but players in wow have three names for three resource types:

Energy: starts and returns to maximum value, regenerates very quickly.
    Mana: starts and returns to maximum value, regenerates extremely slowly.
    Rage: starts and returns to minimum value, abilities generate it.

Windwalkers, Brewmasters, Hunters, Ferals etc. = energy
    Shamans, Warriors etc. = rage
    Last edited by Parhelion; 2018-09-18 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Parhelion View Post
    I don't know if you are trolling or not, but players in wow have three names for three resource types:

Don't even bother... at this point I'm convinced the guy is trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Parhelion View Post

It's still energy, i don't know why you guys try to deny it

Deleted
    Did you not play WW in Legion? The stat priority was Crit/mastery for all of Legion, so you had no haste then and have no haste now. It's not actually any different other than for some dumbass reason a huge % of your damage is in Touch of Karma and USED to be in an azerite trait.
    Sorry, where do you see me mention something about stat priority? I never said anything about haste other than it increasing passively through your neck – and that you do notice a difference when RNG gives you a few high ilvl haste pieces. Because the current stat prio for most people is simply Agility(ilvl) > Versatility > Critical Strike = Mastery > Haste. Which means that in most cases you equip the *higher ilvl* haste piece, even if other stats are better. (The stat prio was also not crit/mast for all of Legion btw, Vers was actually better for a lot of WW's in Antorus).

The WW being/feeling slower, has nothing to to with haste. It's mostly due to going back to a smaller energy pool (artifact traits), generating less chi (t21 + Wind Blows, for example), a nerf to Energizing Elixir (which was the go-to in all situations in Legion) and now running with RJW (mostly in m+).

It might not be completely fair to compare beginning of expansion (now) with end of expansion (legion), but it's hard not to.

Deleted
    Yes and no.

Switched from DK to WW, because I dislike both the continued BoS playstyle of frost and the cramped GCD unholy playstyle, initially, I liked the huge mobility advantage (3 / 4 if talented movement skills? yes please!) of the specc, the actual idea of not pressing the same button twice in a row (exception: Serenity) and of course, hitting stuff with your fist is pretty great.

But I do not like being "forced" to stack 3 azerite traits to compete with other damage dealers (which stops being a thing when the PTR changes go live and further Uldir progression, with no compensation mind you).
    I do not like to have ~15% wait time in my rotation based on chi/energy, especially since its actually annoying to "control" these time windows and I do not understand how people find that this "good" or healthy for a damage class.
    I do not like having to use ToK to get the most bang out of my class.
    I do not like FoF dealing 50% damage after you kill the initial target.
    I do not like Storm Earth and Fire AI.
    I do not like Spinning Crane kick.

But I stopped at 350 ilvl and cant be arsed to run myth+ anymore especially since I did just that for months in legion and dont see how better gear should ease any of the mentioned problems above, aside from the azerite traits.
    Gonna try Enhancer next but ... I doubt its better, atleast it has less wait time compared to WW.

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    It's still energy, i don't know why you guys try to deny it
    No... just no. Energy is generated PASSIVELY regardless of what you do. Sometimes you can boost it actively but mostly not. Maelstrom/rage is a mostly active resource generated based on ability use/attacks. They are completely and totally different.

Feels just peachy. It's all about the right talents and rotation. the increased energy regen talent is supposedly not the best dps, but I solve that by not giving a damn and picking it anyway. It makes a huge difference towards not having to spend large periods of time sitting there waiting on energy to refill, but instead having steady, evenly paced abilities for a more fun rotation.

The playstyle is perfect, and since it's not my raider main, I don't concern myself with them not being top tier dps at the moment.

If I had a request it'd be for the pvp talent that gives you an instant cast heal every few seconds to become baseline. Would really come in handy in island expeditions with no healers.

Quote Originally Posted by moremana View Post
    This made me smile.

Its why I have been playing a Priest for 9 years.

They are OP but no worries, Blizz will nerf us like they always do.

I have mad respect for people who stick with a main for so long thru thick and thin...

I... I am not that strong....

nope. dh and ww used to be brother/sister classes more or less. DH remained the same - kept their niche - are incredibly strong. WW, not even sure we really have a niche anymore.

oh and sef is STILL retarded ~10 years later.

but ive played the monk for years and gonna take more than that to let it go ;p

I'm not too fond of BFA WW. I feel like I don't have enough energy for a smooth rotation, there's way too many abilities and cd's, the gcd change is terrible for this spec. Fists of Fury channel lasts too long, Fist of the White Tiger is boring. Kamehameha looks and sounds so boring, not to mention I'm not up for throwing 40 yard ones in multiple directions with Storm, Earth and Fire during a dungeon. Buffing Spinning Crane Kick is tedious. And worst of all, Rushing Jade Wind is annoying af to have in your face for an entire dungeon - I just took Hit Combo even though it's weak. Picking talents wasn't fun but a disappointment filled chore. Not even sure I wanna level it to max after trying it out for a level.