Possible very serious anti-affliction mechanic.

I don't know how wide spread this is, having only hit 120 Saturday, and not having done a ton of dungeons... but it seems like a serious issue for us.

I ran the Storms dungeon, and we got to the first or second boss, which was a two boss fight. one of the bosses was a priest and was constantly dispelling the dots i placed on the bosses.

As far as I'm aware, this is the first instance of a boss clearing Dots outside of phase changes (like when they go underground). I can't help but think this mechanic might be put into raids, making affliction very useless for those fights.

Likewise, I've seen a lot of another mechanic... the 'smoke bomb' which makes you miss, and certain mobs really overuse it. There is a named wanted poster quest mob in snakeland (He rides one of the beetles and halways through the fight the beetle comes to fight you as well) that was literally dropping a smoke bomb every time the duration on the original ended. It was a royal pain in the ass for a solo target.

Deleted
    Aw shit there are mechanics in BfA we have to deal with. Worst expansion ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shiet man, you mean there is mechanics to deal with in dungeons? Damn, Blizz y u do dis.

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post

I ran the Storms dungeon, and we got to the first or second boss, which was a two boss fight. one of the bosses was a priest and was constantly dispelling the dots i placed on the bosses.
    This is just a mechanic for this boss. Having done all other dungeons on mythic and all the WQ's as affliction, I haven't had any issues. The mechanic for council is also avoidable if your tank kites the boss around, there is still a small chance of kite lag to have them dispelled, but I'm still able to sustain about 9k on this fight even with but full sets dispelled occasionally. Hope this helps.

I've been playing and raiding since beta, smartasses. Typically mechanics like this can be worked around, but this completely halts a specific spec's dps completely. If it really is just one a one-off, then fine i can deal with it, but if it becomes used often in raids its going to absolutely make us a hinderence on those bosses. Making a class less effective on a boss fight is a whole different thing than shutting them down completely.

The council in storms is just a mechanic for one of the bosses. Its can be avoided if your tank kites the melee around just before the cast timer, but even with a full sets of dots being dispelled, if you can utilize the caster rune on the ground, you should still sustain about 9-10k on this encounter.

I haven't run into any other issues completing the other WQs or mythics. Hope this helps!

There are also the witch that switch in WM where the iris moves to the next target by the time your agony hit 10 stacks, not t mantioning setting up a dark glare combo that require a boss no to ho immune or underground for like 30 sec in order to be effective.

Sure, you can pull crazy numbers in places you can use datk glare effectively, but it feels like a very all or nothing mechanic that is exactly the opposite of what affliction was during legion: high sustain low burst

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    well, now serious.

there are much more trash mobs and bosses in BFA that one way or another interrupt affliction casts than in Legion.
    some of the occasionally stuns you, some of them silence you, some of them kick you, some of them push you away or pull in.
    Last edited by Harbour; 2018-08-20 at 06:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing and raiding since beta, smartasses. Typically mechanics like this can be worked around, but this completely halts a specific spec's dps completely. If it really is just one a one-off, then fine i can deal with it, but if it becomes used often in raids its going to absolutely make us a hinderence on those bosses. Making a class less effective on a boss fight is a whole different thing than shutting them down completely.
    Cloud halts everyone's DPS, that's why in that case you kite it off the cloud. It does not cast it that often and that mob in question has lower HP than mobs of that class to begin with to offset. I did that one just fine as Destruction - just pull your voidwalker and the mob will get out of cloud.

As for Shrine - that is one mechanic for one single encounter where boss standing in green circle removes all dots and debuffs, tank needs to kite it off.

Whooptiedoo - huge issue there, let's make an essay about that - affliction can't just faceroll on keyboard with instants while running around brainlessly. Shiet, maybe I open complaint thread too about how bosses require you to move and it completely shuts down my Destruction DPS - new anti-Destruction mechanic there bois!

Deleted
    All of the mechanics you listed can be dealt with appropriately by you and your group without a loss to DPS. It is your own fault that you seem to be clueless to the mechanics of the bosses, claiming you have played since beta does not make you any less clueless.

The boss does not constantly dispell the debuffs, only when the mobs are tanked in the reinforcing ward. So the tank should only run through it to get rid of his debuffs, and not tank them inside.
    But yes, it's an annoying issue for all dot classes, but it's on a single boss fight. We'll live through it.
    Last edited by Puri; 2018-08-20 at 07:30 PM.

Pff, as an aff lock, the one thing that really triggers me is when a DH drops down their confusion seal that immediately cleanses the dots off of every mob that I spent 10 seconds putting them up on.

Same for monk and their paralysis.

I understand the rationale, I just wish the dots stayed but their damage was suspended for the duration.

Deleted
    I've been playing and raiding since beta, smartasses. Typically mechanics like this can be worked around
    You mean like the snake guys mechanic that you literally just move him out of but you evidently weren't? Your post doesn't exactly paint a pretty picture of your mechanical acumen when you use that as an example of a mechanic you can't deal with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have the tank move them out of reinforcing totem. Dots will now stay up.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadpants View Post
    All of the mechanics you listed can be dealt with appropriately by you and your group without a loss to DPS. It is your own fault that you seem to be clueless to the mechanics of the bosses, claiming you have played since beta does not make you any less clueless.

Well ain't you just a pro. Too bad you too much of an ass to just help the guy asking for it.

I mean look below. See how hard that was. Instead you spent more effort to just be an ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Have the tank move them out of reinforcing totem. Dots will now stay up.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.