Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leetbeartank View Post
    Guardian affinity isn't necessary and the nerfs to it really make feral much more attractive.
    The movement speed alone, not to mention the kitty damage, from feral affinity make it more attractive than the other options.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Moordots View Post
    spring blossoms requires you to get 4 people to stand in your efflo for 90% of its duration to be worth taking
    Really? I'm no theorycrafter but that doesn't seem right.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Really? I'm no theorycrafter but that doesn't seem right.
    Yeah, this guy is talking about raiding. He's also not taking into account that spring blossoms is essentially a 36 second hot on your tank that is making lifebloom bloom with photo. The reason spring blossom is so good is because it's blooming your tank for 36 seconds (or until he moves / the pack dies) so you can dps more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Whitestrife View Post
    Also the less constant healing required on high keys the more dmg you do ofc. And as you explained it fine: You can do dmg and quickly react with healing when needed with my build and you feel a lot more "free" because you dont need to plant so much gcd from a healing perspective and can use them instant for dmg.
    I don't find myself having to react to unpredictable spike damage really. Anything around 10+, people should know how to avoid shit on the ground. It's more those abilities that are predictable and hit hard you can spend less time worrying about them and more time dpsing.

And for all the ppl that come with the argument: Yeah but if you use Swiftmend 2 times you are screwed afterwards. I have done so many m+ content now. I never got the feeling that I got out of fuel. There was always a button to press to react to the given situation and if not then yeah: you pulled the whole dungeon and should stop healing anyway.
    Yeah, this is nonsense. There is plenty of downtime between pulls, high damage, rotating other cool downs, etc. for you to often have 2 stacks ready.

You are right on Guardian. I agree 100%. Its clunky to use frenzy. I am just afraid that on some cases the 6% more dmg could kill me. But maybe I am just to lazy for catweaving
    You really should be adding dps in dungeons. You should easily be able to add 5k total dps, which is quite a bit when you're going for time, and 100% necessary to be competitive. Practice on some <+4s until you're comfortable with it.
    Last edited by Leetbeartank; 2018-10-03 at 06:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.

I just recently started doing mythics on my resto druid. I'm doing M0 right now to get used to the bosses and mechanics before doing keystone runs because I want to be fair to the party that I'll be grouping with. So far they've been pretty hard from all the damage people seem to take. Is this because of the general quality of pugs or do I just suck that much? Then again I don't know any of the mechanics the first time I've run each mythic and I'm also gonna assume neither does half the group in general.

Deleted
    Alright, so I made a specific account for this, and I'm not saying I'm the best Druid healer etc.

So first of all, I'd like to say that as a Druid or any healer for that matter, it depends on your group. If you have a shit group, you will most likely have to heal more, and to be honest, as a Druid we dont have a lot of spot healing (which basically means good solo target healing spells).

Now, the way you play is entirely up to you, but I'd always recommend going with Ironbark, which is the STRONGEST tank cooldown ingame. I know it might not feel like it, since you don't see it on the meters, or you might now see it in effect since the tank you play might be below par (find a solid tank, as a Druid this is really important, or anyone that is playing M+). At the end of the day, you will get a 20% dmg reduction every 45 secs, which is if you play a +10 about every hard trash pack. Combine this with the tanks cooldowns, and you get a very very strong cooldown. (It also increases all your healing on the target by 20%)

Now the most important part about playing a resto druid is KNOWING the fights. We are pro active, or reactive or whatever healers. Basically means we HAVE TO KNOW what a boss does before he does it, so we can HoT (Heal Over Time) our group. That is being strenghtened by Flourish, which I'd recommend as a talent. Although I myself havent played with Germination this expansion or Photo, if it feels right to you, and it fits in the way YOU'RE healing, use it. 100%, use whatever you're comfortable with.

At the end of the day, play the way you think is right, but do not write off a Resto Druid, we as a class are SOLID for M+. Study the dungeons, learn from your mistakes, get comfortable with your mana usage. Encourage yourself to push as high as when you do M+, since the higher you push the more you learn about your class.

Also, to end this with, don't be afraid to use your cooldowns (Tranq, Ironbark, use Barkskin on every big trashpull, Flourish) etc, USE THEM. I know you think:'Ah man, I might use them for next pack, or I need them for another pack'. USE YOUR CD's as much as you can. Got a Moonkin in your group, demolish his whisper for innervate if you're not on discord.

I hope this helps you a bit, I know you might disagree, and I'm not saying I'm a godly Druid, but find your way, and dont be afraid to go out there and push boys, just fucking pop a beer and go for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boklord View Post
    Alright, so I made a specific account for this, and I'm not saying I'm the best Druid healer etc.

Now, the way you play is entirely up to you, but I'd always recommend going with Ironbark, which is the STRONGEST tank cooldown ingame. I know it might not feel like it, since you don't see it on the meters, or you might now see it in effect since the tank you play might be below par (find a solid tank, as a Druid this is really important, or anyone that is playing M+). At the end of the day, you will get a 20% dmg reduction every 45 secs, which is if you play a +10 about every hard trash pack. Combine this with the tanks cooldowns, and you get a very very strong cooldown. (It also increases all your healing on the target by 20%)

You do know that you dont have to Talent Ironbark right ?
    The talent is called "Stonebark" and is just 15 sec off the cooldown of Ironbark and 20% increased healing from hots in the duration.

If you take spring blossoms, you still get the % healing from the mastery stack it puts on, so instead of getting 20% from hots every 45th second. You get 15-17% increased Healing (not just Heal over time) constantly. Then add the spring blossoms actual healing, and the procs you get from Photo.

There is NO WAY that Stonebark can compete with spring blossoms. Spring blossoms is basicially 15% healing increase on your entire party all the time together with the actual healing it does.

I see alot of people not getting this fact, and I would advise you to follow your own advise, Study the stuff you are talking about.

15+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know if non-druid hots proc photosynthesis?

Like Coastal Surge weapon enchant or that one mid tier azerite trait whatever it's name was, the hot that grows larger.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Fateys View Post
    You do know that you dont have to Talent Ironbark right ?
    The talent is called "Stonebark" and is just 15 sec off the cooldown of Ironbark and 20% increased healing from hots in the duration.

If you take spring blossoms, you still get the % healing from the mastery stack it puts on, so instead of getting 20% from hots every 45th second. You get 15-17% increased Healing (not just Heal over time) constantly. Then add the spring blossoms actual healing, and the procs you get from Photo.

There is NO WAY that Stonebark can compete with spring blossoms. Spring blossoms is basicially 15% healing increase on your entire party all the time together with the actual healing it does.

I see alot of people not getting this fact, and I would advise you to follow your own advise, Study the stuff you are talking about.
    I agree with your reasoning and take spring blossoms most the time myself, this does not make stonebark a bad talent however, spring blossoms fills the same role as the rest of our kit with overall throughput, stonebark gives a targeted mitigation throughput. Tyranical sisters in waycrest springs to mind where i need single target mitigation and throughput not always on tank. I'd actually say stonebark is most useful in general not on tank.

I'm a scrub pug mythic healer. Like +7s. I ditched flourish and cen ward for germination and abundance (the rejuvs buff regrowth one.) Flourish is awesome, but is only awesome for 10 seconds. This change helps.

I run tree, I run mass entanglement, and, don't laugh, I run renewal for a free oh shit button for me. I did guardian affinity for a while for another free heal, but went back to boomkin affinity for some extra dps. Have not tried catweaving yet.

But, for the last talent, in fives, I don't want to do spring blossoms because there is only one or two people in it, some of the time. Stonebark seems solid, but I really seem to need the two minute CD tranq. I may try living without inner peace and try stonebark, it's just that the pugs get in the bad. Like I had to brute force temple of seth's lightning boss....galv something or whatever; his consume charges hit us twice, maybe 3 times. It's hard to heal through that kind of bad.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheze View Post
    use abundance; it makes regrowth really efficient at 5+ rejuvs, which you'll have out pretty often if the group is taking damage

inner peace is pointless; you can use spring blossoms but I prefer stonebark

you do wind up casting regrowth a lot more than you did before, but tbh that's a good thing? Doing nothing but spam rejuv for most of a dungeon got pretty dull

it's a bit difficult atm because we don't have the ability to stack a ton of mastery yet, but you definitely shouldn't be struggling too much at 319ilvl. Powerdrink between pulls if you find yourself low on mana
    No - it's really NOT a good thing, because Regrowth is NOT DESIGNED to be used like a low-mana heal.
    The majority of the mana-cost budget for that spell is in the HOT portion of the heal, and NOT the direct burst - so every single time we have to "spam" Regrowth to outheal incoming damage, we are clipping the hot, losing a ton of healing, and throwing mana into the trash can. That is, in every possible way, NOT a "good thing."

If they had actually considered the consequences of removing healing touch and reworked Regrowth to not punish us for spamming it, then maybe it would make sense - but in the current setup, our toolkit is fucking broken.

I'm sitting pretty if the incoming heals can be handled by my hots, but the MOMENT the incoming damage outpaces my hots healing, I am forced to either let people die, or dump all of my mana spamming the low-heal bust portion of regrowth and not actually getting 80% of the spell's heal out of it....

If you don't see the massive issue there, I have to imagine you're not paying much attention. This isn't a talent issue, or a gear issue, or an encounter issue - it's an issue of them fucking around with our spells and failing to take their changes into account after doing it. Healing Touch served a purpose, Regrowth DOES NOT replicate that purpose at all, and it has left us lacking and underpowered compared to every other healing spec in the game right now.

Regrowth is not now and has never been designed or mana-budgeted to spam. Great players might be able to find clever ways to work around that issue, or ourgear it, but that doesn't negate the fact that the issue exists and needs to be addressed before our spec is functional. Until then, healing M+ content is an absolutely terrible experience.

"Hope your tranquility is off cooldown" is not a sufficient resolution to the issue of our standard heals being broken, either - which is where they seem to have left us this xpac.
    Last edited by FecundDecay; 2018-10-15 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FecundDecay View Post
    No - it's really NOT a good thing, because Regrowth is NOT DESIGNED to be used like a low-mana heal.
    The majority of the mana-cost budget for that spell is in the HOT portion of the heal, and NOT the direct burst - so every single time we have to "spam" Regrowth to outheal incoming damage, we are clipping the hot, losing a ton of healing, and throwing mana into the trash can. That is, in every possible way, NOT a "good thing."

If they had actually considered the consequences of removing healing touch and reworked Regrowth to not punish us for spamming it, then maybe it would make sense - but in the current setup, our toolkit is fucking broken.

I'm sitting pretty if the incoming heals can be handled by my hots, but the MOMENT the incoming damage outpaces my hots healing, I am forced to either let people die, or dump all of my mana spamming the low-heal bust portion of regrowth and not actually getting 80% of the spell's heal out of it....

If you don't see the massive issue there, I have to imagine you're not paying much attention. This isn't a talent issue, or a gear issue, or an encounter issue - it's an issue of them fucking around with our spells and failing to take their changes into account after doing it. Healing Touch served a purpose, Regrowth DOES NOT replicate that purpose at all, and it has left us lacking and underpowered compared to every other healing spec in the game right now.

Regrowth is not now and has never been designed or mana-budgeted to spam. Great players might be able to find clever ways to work around that issue, or ourgear it, but that doesn't negate the fact that the issue exists and needs to be addressed before our spec is functional. Until then, healing M+ content is an absolutely terrible experience.

"Hope your tranquility is off cooldown" is not a sufficient resolution to the issue of our standard heals being broken, either - which is where they seem to have left us this xpac.
    regrowth is 120% spellpower on the direct heal alone, for 14% of base mana (2800 @ 120); with abundance and four rejuvs out, that cost is reduced to 2128 mana (-168 mana per rejuv), and also gets a bonus 24% critical chance

for comparison, holy light is 150% of spellpower, for 13% of base mana (2600 @ 120)

in any heavy-healing circumstance (5+ rejuvs out) the regrowth direct heal alone is as or more efficient than holy light, casts faster, and of course also adds the hot.

it's fine to not like that play style, but don't call the tools broken just because you don't want to use them

I really wish you would stop posting here, you are the poster child for misinformation. How the hell is the majority of the regrowth 'budget' allotted to the hot? Can you not read tooltips? The hot is mostly irrelevant save for adding a stack for mastery. Nobody used healing touch in m+ anyway because it was garbage, the direct portion of regrowth + living seed was very strong in legion.

Quote Originally Posted by ambident View Post
    Nobody used healing touch in m+ anyway because it was garbage,
    Nobody used healing touch in any situation ever. I didn't even have it bound to a key or in my bar.

Quote Originally Posted by neescher View Post
    Nobody used healing touch in any situation ever. I didn't even have it bound to a key or in my bar.
    Pardon me, sir. I used Healing Touch macroed to Omen of Clarity for a nuke heal on a 2 min CD, or whatever Omen had. But that was about it.

Now, Nourish, that's a spell that wasn't used. Sunfire replaced my insect swarm. I think Nourish was where my Starfire....or Lunar Strike, or whatever it is called now, is. I miss green wrath. We ain't solar powered....nature and arcane.

Honestly man, you just aren't and never were very good at playing Druid. In 5 man content, we have never been able to heal with only hots until we out gear the content. You're stuck in this paradigm that's expansions old where druids only used casted non-instsnt spells to keep harmony up. Rdruid is different and has been for a very long time. Get good, adjust your gameplay so that you win more often, and please stop crying because you're inadequate.

Regrowth heals for way more than it did in Legion... Also the hot portion is useless except for mastery/photosynthesis. If you weren't spamming regrowth sometimes, healing would be so boring. Blanket rejuv, keep lifebloom up, and cast wild growth sometimes? If that's what you're asking for, then go mow down M0s and leave M+ to the big boys.
    Last edited by Pocket Monster; 2018-10-17 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodaline View Post
    Pardon me, sir. I used Healing Touch macroed to Omen of Clarity for a nuke heal on a 2 min CD, or whatever Omen had. But that was about it.

Now, Nourish, that's a spell that wasn't used. Sunfire replaced my insect swarm. I think Nourish was where my Starfire....or Lunar Strike, or whatever it is called now, is. I miss green wrath. We ain't solar powered....nature and arcane.
    I was only talking about Legion (since we were talking about m+, that was implied).