Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lupen202 View Post
    Verdant Wilds - A forested island with mogu ruins.

Maybe verdant wilds can be default mogu, like jinyu is mire this week yeah. Would be nice.. then maybe mount will be more common like that damned banana toy this week with the hozen.

Issue is.. theres mogu, and theres stonebound mogu. Stonebound mogu = Dread Chain, Rotting Mire, Skittering Hollow, and includes the rare Qinsho. I HOPE mount is from all mogu but knowing blizz ...
    One poster here said his party member got the mount after killing a torn spirit, which is a Zian-Ti mogu unit, so maybe it won't be like that. The hozen have two tribes as well and I saw two toys dropping. But it remains to be seen. There certainly seem to be a ton of mob types there, though. The incentive will be strong to farm something the week it's up, such as the blue pally set from Jinyu this week, since that island can also be populated by Saurok, naga and shipwrecked sailors.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    Hmm, one of those maps shows a mogu drawing, so perhaps there is an iteration where mogu are baseline? That means maybe we shouldn't struggle so hard to trigger them when they're not (although I stand by saying that the big invasions look more fun than azerite dude and they are wasted at the butt end of the scenario).
    Well i found mogus in all the islands from this week rotation.

Another week i saw a mogu portal that led me to pandaria to kill a mogu rare and loot 2 chests. Sadly they completed the scenario before i kill that rare. I will never now =p

Quote Originally Posted by Nathure View Post
    Well i found mogus in all the islands from this week rotation.

Another week i saw a mogu portal that led me to pandaria to kill a mogu rare and loot 2 chests. Sadly they completed the scenario before i kill that rare. I will never now =p
    don't worry i've done that twice looting both chests, all i got was a mogu item to turn in at lorewalker cho, if it does drop a mount its not a good chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathure View Post
    Can you please remember what was the difficulty? (normal, heroic, mythic or PVP)
    Heroic. As others have said difficulty doesn't seem to matter for vanity items, was going for the balance between easy to complete vs faster completion of weekly quest.

I've literally never seen Pirates. Does that only happen way into an Expedition?

10+ Year Old Account
    So someone in my discord says that killing every skull on an expedition (aka powerful foes) including the rotten box ones is what triggers the invasions. She’s replicated it four times now but dunno if anyone else wants to try and confirm.

Expeditions
    Skittering Hollow with Nerubians
    Verdant Wilds with Druids of the Claw
    Whispering Reef with Naga

This week, btw. Feelsbad...

I just got a Sparkleshell Sandcrawler (62nd normal after the increase) and we didn't kill, or even see a single crab.

Though I did think from the beginning that related mobs may be the way to go, particularly the little pandaren elemental spawns as the are non-tradeable pets.

Just a pity you don't get items immediately as it would help identify possible sources.

I think Blizzard have been deliberately vague about IE drops to make them last longer. They could easily have listed sources as Island Expedition Jinyu, Island Expedition Crabs etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    I've literally never seen Pirates. Does that only happen way into an Expedition?
    I'm sure some cycles will have pirates from the start. Last week they were mostly from invasions. Sometimes there will be a single, isolated camp with a certain kind of mobs on the island, usually with one rare and one chest. It's easy to miss them if the other team clears it or your team mates split. That's the kind of camp the guy who saw the Qilen drop mentioned (saw plenty of them, didn't get the mount, but a team member got Poro from an isolated pirate kill).

I now also have reason to believe that you don't need to tag the mob yourself to get the chance at loot, it's enough for a team member to do it, even if they're far away. A team member got a mantid mace from an expedition where I was the only one who touched the solitary mantid group (nuked them while they were on the opposite corner of the map). This may be why one of the posters above never saw a crab in their run (one is enough to trigger the drop).

The odd thing is, though, I got the Jelly mount today and I'm not sure what it was associated with... I used to believe it was naga, but we didn't kill or see any that run. What we killed were... water elementals. And crocodiles, I suppose. It was a Hozen island on normal and the bonus wave was Ice Trolls, which we cleared thoroughly.

It's REALLY super hard to run this content in this way. I find myself begging people to go after only skulls and sometimes they do, but even at that I've never managed to get a slow-play slow enough to even see the Invasion.

They really need to tweak the timing in these if its the later waves that can actually drop stuff, but I just don't see them doing it.

It's REALLY super hard to run this content in this way. I find myself begging people to go after only skulls and sometimes they do, but even at that I've never managed to get a slow-play slow enough to even see the Invasion.

They really need to tweak the timing in these if its the later waves that can actually drop stuff, but I just don't see them doing it.
    I feel like they have changed something, either that or Normals worked better from the start. It's easy to get an extra invasion ~5 minutes in there now.

Not sure how or why, but during an expedition today, I got island trolls invading instead of the usual azerite elementals spawning. First time I've ever not gotten the big azerite elemental spawn. Anyone else seen this?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivinara View Post
    Not sure how or why, but during an expedition today, I got island trolls invading instead of the usual azerite elementals spawning. First time I've ever not gotten the big azerite elemental spawn. Anyone else seen this?
    I'm seeing it on normal, it's certainly happening sooner. Might be what @Lupen202 said about killing all initial rare (or a big percentage of them).

Got Miststalker's Shoulderpads after killing Kvaldir from an invasion at the end. We looted both the chest and killed the big rare dude. The kvaldir have that mist that goes around makes it difficult to see enemies outside of about 8-10 yard range. This happened at the very end of the game, meaning after we killed the rare it ended and I got the leather transmog shoulders. Was on Heroic.

Obviously I am posting this with the extreme obvious connection of "Invasion with mist in it and got Miststalker's Shoulderpads" and it looks like the set matches the theme anyways.
    Last edited by theshoover; 2018-09-19 at 04:47 AM.

Yeah I got a recolor of the Druid Bear Claw staff from BC from the Druid island. Obviously, Druids were killed (including rare Bears), but no Invasions ever spawned (this was on Heroic, I'm definitely going to try Normal and see how that works out).

Oh well, this makes me a bit sad. At least if it was all random you could just run those expeditions a 1000 times and get everything. Good luck targeting specific rares with a pug group, and I don't have any people who would want to do it with me. Sucks.

I don't even remember any specific rares, might pay more attention from now on. I remember that once 3 mogu bosses came to the island on a boat and left 2 large chests. Did not get anything special from that expedition though.

PS. And yeah, I did get the banana toy 3 times last week with hozen islands, so that makes some sense.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2018-09-19 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Oh well, this makes me a bit sad. At least if it was all random you could just run those expeditions a 1000 times and get everything. Good luck targeting specific rares with a pug group, and I don't have any people who would want to do it with me. Sucks.

I don't even remember any specific rares, might pay more attention from now on. I remember that once 3 mogu bosses came to the island on a boat and left 2 large chests. Did not get anything special from that expedition though.

PS. And yeah, I did get the banana toy 3 times last week with hozen islands, so that makes some sense.
    I'm with you - if the drops were at least explicit, you might have a chance to convince people to target rares or events. As it stands, I basically have to actively slow down my group most of the time and go off and solo rares as best I can. It's super annoying actually, but par for the course.

Of course, NONE of this is even confirmed beyond anecdotal evidence so.....

Deleted
    Has anyone even seen Twilight drakes spawn in Verdant Wilds..? Did over 50 expeditions today and only encoutnered mogu. Once. No drakes..

Quote Originally Posted by Hwarra View Post
    Has anyone even seen Twilight drakes spawn in Verdant Wilds..? Did over 50 expeditions today and only encoutnered mogu. Once. No drakes..
    The only dragon-y things I've ever seen were some sweet looking Cloud Serpents last week (including a rare one). Killed those multiple times, got nothing special at all.

Deleted
    The only dragon-y things I've ever seen were some sweet looking Cloud Serpents last week (including a rare one). Killed those multiple times, got nothing special at all.
    Yeah, cloud serpents come with the mogu.

But according to this wowhead post - https://www.wowhead.com/guides/islan...-and-invasions - twilight and black drake should also spawn. Never heard of them, nor have I seen anyone with Twilight Avenger mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Hwarra View Post
    Yeah, cloud serpents come with the mogu.

But according to this wowhead post - https://www.wowhead.com/guides/islan...-and-invasions - twilight and black drake should also spawn. Never heard of them, nor have I seen anyone with Twilight Avenger mount.
    They probably spawn 20 minutes in =P

-sigh-