Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    It's REALLY super hard to run this content in this way. I find myself begging people to go after only skulls and sometimes they do, but even at that I've never managed to get a slow-play slow enough to even see the Invasion.

They really need to tweak the timing in these if its the later waves that can actually drop stuff, but I just don't see them doing it.
    Win or Vanity, choose!
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    It's REALLY super hard to run this content in this way. I find myself begging people to go after only skulls and sometimes they do, but even at that I've never managed to get a slow-play slow enough to even see the Invasion.

They really need to tweak the timing in these if its the later waves that can actually drop stuff, but I just don't see them doing it.
    That's why we need to make these strategies a standard for group finding. Like "Island Expedition Vanity Farm" and right away people know, looking it up online or through the past, that it is a strat to kill rares/lengthen the game to get invasions to spawn.

Could also start adding each other to BNet and posting announcements on when we want to do these things. I know the Secret Group Finder discord doesn't seem to be interested in this at all.

Tonight (7 hoursish from now) I know I'll see if I can get a group in group finder that is interested in doing this. The first time I tried, someone came in and said "I respect what you are doing and politely decline" and immediately left. Kinda ruined motivation.

Also. VERY IMPORTANT THAT WE TRY AND DO IT THIS WEEK. The reason is because there's an item for doubloons that causes you to reduce aggro range greatly that lasts for 30 minutes and doesn't break on damage/combat at all. It's a perfect way of going straight to rares/skulls/elites without aggroing anything else. Would completely optimize the findings when doing this.
    Last edited by theshoover; 2018-09-19 at 05:00 PM.

I just got 2 quest for end rewards in my last 4 islands.... each gave me 700AP when delivered.. are those quest only a 1 time ? and how many are there of those?

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    For us toy/mount farmers - really wish they'd make this solo/duo-able. Trying to do this with a pug - forever - is just teh suck.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Done maybe 15 total runs (good mix of normal/heroic/mythic), I'd say 2/3 before the reward hotfix. Pre-hotfix I'd gotten one pet. After, I've gotten one pet and one of the ap quest items.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotten 2 quests, a pet and a toy so far since the hotfix.

It's somethin'!
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    I just got 2 quest for end rewards in my last 4 islands.... each gave me 700AP when delivered.. are those quest only a 1 time ? and how many are there of those?
    There's 20 of them. It's an achievement that's required for the meta for the title.

Deleted
    80 expeditions today, seen no Drakes in Verdant Wilds. Had most runs with premade that waited around 30 mins for any invasion spawns :f

Got mogu like maybe 4 times across all available maps.

Quote Originally Posted by Hwarra View Post
    80 expeditions today, seen no Drakes in Verdant Wilds. Had most runs with premade that waited around 30 mins for any invasion spawns :f

Got mogu like maybe 4 times across all available maps.
    Jesus, thanks for taking one in the name of research :/

Quote Originally Posted by Hwarra View Post
    Yeah, cloud serpents come with the mogu.

But according to this wowhead post - https://www.wowhead.com/guides/islan...-and-invasions - twilight and black drake should also spawn. Never heard of them, nor have I seen anyone with Twilight Avenger mount.
    The dragons might be a "native" race rather than an invading one... or the invading races might be on some sort of rotation as well (though it wouldn't appear so so far). When you look at the expedition table, you'll see there's a drawing of a creature next to the map, those are the current "natives" of that island, and they change every rotation. Like, last week the Mire had Jinyu natives, but it can also be Saurok, Shipwrecked sailors, etc.

Here's a thought - I see they hotfixed these to give more XP on Normal?

I wonder how viable grinding these is for levelling. That would give a LOT of tries at loot, and at least you're moving some needle forward. Unless ofc, nothing drops unless you're 120.

A guy report a squawks drop today in wowhead, when i asked if he killed pirates in the run he confirmed.

So, for me, it's clear that in order to get chances to drop mounts you need to kill mobs and rares from specific races:

Quilen mount -> mogus and quilens;
    Jelly mount -> nagas, sauroks??
    Squawks (parrot) -> pirates
    Craghorn (yeto ) -> yetis, ice trolls??
    Twillight avenger (drake) -> twillight drakes or black drakes??

And not only mounts, almost every loot is related to something you did in the island.

Still need more info, but at this point there a lot of events in islands that are simple not spawning (air, fire and water elementals, tol'vir, black drakes, twillight drakes, faceless...). I think it's gatted somehow to blizz release later like new content for next patch ¬¬'

Deleted
    I don't think dragons are native. Wowhead has all natives listed and dragons ain't one of them. I also haven't seen kvaldir or tolvir, so dragons are not the only ones "missing".

Still am not giving up, though..

I've had it a number of times: i would ask people to take it slow but they just rush everything up. Then i'd at least ask them to link their loot after expedition. And while i run my ass off killing all rare spawns and invasions while they do big azerite guy and mine his rocks - they get more loot than me. Killed a yak rare during last seconds of an expedition - one of the guys linked me a yak pet. He wasn't even in that half of an island doing god knows what. Very annoying.

Also: got my first double drop today. A quest item to turn in tanaris and a quest item from what was most likey a big Anub'Arak type rare. Was his carapace i think.

Also also: this week is the best to try rare farming. Lucky foot makes trash mobs basically non-existent.
    Last edited by Tang0; 2018-09-19 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post
    I've had it a number of times: i would ask people to take it slow but they just rush everything up. Then i'd at least ask them to link their loot after expedition. And while i run my ass off killing all rare spawns and invasions while they do big azerite guy and mine his rocks - they get more loot than me. Killed a yak rare during last seconds of an expedition - one of the guys linked me a yak pet. He wasn't even in that half of an island doing god knows what. Very annoying.

Also: got my first double drop today. A quest item to turn in tanaris and a quest item from what was most likey a big Anub'Arak type rare. Was his carapace i think.

Also also: this week is the best to try rare farming. Lucky foot makes trash mobs basically non-existent.
    that does seem the issue is once a rare is killed, it is assigned to any of the 3 players inside.

so you can be the guy mining nodes or afk, and reap the rewards of some guy solo'in mogu elites inside portals.

Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post

Yea these things motivate me to create specific groups for vanity rewards. Again, it's not widely known but hopefully I can start a group with 2 other people that can basically take the "Kill rares and follow me (tank) and don't mine for Azerite unless we drastically trail the enemies" instructions pretty easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    that does seem the issue is once a rare is killed, it is assigned to any of the 3 players inside.

so you can be the guy mining nodes or afk, and reap the rewards of some guy solo'in mogu elites inside portals.
    That's not necessarily bad, though. It means you can split to make sure you tag as many rares as possible instead of letting the other team get it, and it means you don't have to open chests yourself to get a chance at loot (if chests even matter). And I don't think there's only one item that gets assigned to someone... the loot is personal, more people can surely get the same loot...

P.S. Note that elites and likely even regular mobs can trigger drops. They may or may not trigger the mount but they trigger pets for sure. While killing rares should be a priority to trigger the invasions, you don't necessarily want to avoid normal mobs.

P.P.S. I'm not sure what the Jelly drops from, but i'm pretty sure the island I got it from had no naga. It had water elementals as the most likely source. The invading force were ice trolls, but i don't remember anything else. Maybe a giant I forgot? Maybe the crocs?

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    That's not necessarily bad, though. It means you can split to make sure you tag as many rares as possible instead of letting the other team get it, and it means you don't have to open chests yourself to get a chance at loot (if chests even matter). And I don't think there's only one item that gets assigned to someone... the loot is personal, more people can surely get the same loot...

P.S. Note that elites and likely even regular mobs can trigger drops. They may or may not trigger the mount but they trigger pets for sure. While killing rares should be a priority to trigger the invasions, you don't necessarily want to avoid normal mobs.

P.P.S. I'm not sure what the Jelly drops from, but i'm pretty sure the island I got it from had no naga. It had water elementals as the most likely source. The invading force were ice trolls, but i don't remember anything else. Maybe a giant I forgot? Maybe the crocs?
    yeah just killed tons of boomkin elites and commons, no rares, got druidic fur quest item.

- - - Updated - - -

killed water elementals pirates and spiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    yeah just killed tons of boomkin elites and commons, no rares, got druidic fur quest item.

- - - Updated - - -

killed water elementals pirates and spiders.
    You have really good luck with these things. Just killing mobs/rares and not mining I get nothing (other than dubs) most runs. And by most runs I mean 80%. I never had more than one things other than dubs and something else. Never 2 actual drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    You have really good luck with these things. Just killing mobs/rares and not mining I get nothing (other than dubs) most runs. And by most runs I mean 80%. I never had more than one things other than dubs and something else. Never 2 actual drops.
    well i haven't linked the screenshots of the other 5 runs i did and didnt even get a dubloon, that'd be pretty boring xD