Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I got the 5000g mission.

They actually NERFED doubloon gain rate, pre patch each HC island would give atleast a small bag. Did 5 HC in 8.1, only got 2 small bags.....

What are the overall reports on loot?

I did one normal and four heroics today and I got a single pet from all five. Fewer doubloons as well, and they seemed harder than before (thought this might have been the randoms I was with and our lack of knowledge on how to optimize the new mechanics). They were more boring as well. Previously I got a rush from hunting specific mobs, but now I just do whatever.

I don't like to be negative and it could be that I was just unlucky, but my first impression is that we're worse off than before.

The normals I did were definitely harder mob wise. I did 4 and got a quest item and a plundered item (same island) and 1 dubloon bag. Rewards feel even lower drop wise for me (although small sample size at the moment) and dubloons a lot worse which is ironic given they now have a purpose (of course Blizzard would reduce drop rate precisely because of that to make the grind longer)

well, the loot seems to be buffed or atleast pretty good in the mythics I ran (some mounts, a lot of pets and transmog stuff).

but there is a big bug as well. you get 350 ap if you lose a mythic IE and you get 191-208 if you win one. it is like they switched the ap rewards by accident. I reported it but who knows when they get to fixing it.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukramo View Post
    I got the 5000g mission.

They actually NERFED doubloon gain rate, pre patch each HC island would give atleast a small bag. Did 5 HC in 8.1, only got 2 small bags.....
    I’ve done more then a few Hc and got no doubloons you Proabbly just had good rng before.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiae View Post
    well, the loot seems to be buffed or atleast pretty good in the mythics I ran (some mounts, a lot of pets and transmog stuff).

but there is a big bug as well. you get 350 ap if you lose a mythic IE and you get 191-208 if you win one. it is like they switched the ap rewards by accident. I reported it but who knows when they get to fixing it.
    There needs to be more evidence but I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard have reduced normal and possibly heroic drop rates so that Mythic has the highest rather than increase heroic and mythic and keep normal as it was. It just feels like the type of thing they would do.

Deleted
    The good: Dread Chain seems to always have yetis up now, which means that the near unobtainable mount will now atleast always have a chance to be in the loot table.

The bad: The new island clearly hasent been tested proper. The pirate ship invasion by cannon is located in the fatigue zone.....Small indie company.

I also have not seen any doubloons on the ground yet, can anyone confirm that these are still in game?

While islands feel much better, there are still some unbalances: I.E Ice troll doing crazy damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Sukramo View Post
    The good: Dread Chain seems to always have yetis up now, which means that the near unobtainable mount will now atleast always have a chance to be in the loot table.

The bad: The new island clearly hasent been tested proper. The pirate ship invasion by cannon is located in the fatigue zone.....Small indie company.

I also have not seen any doubloons on the ground yet, can anyone confirm that these are still in game?

While islands feel much better, there are still some unbalances: I.E Ice troll doing crazy damage.
    Troll shadowbolts always did ridiculous damage. I do think (on normal) that the mobs have been buffed as they were harder than before the patch.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't think it was possible but you know Blizzard. I've done the weekly on two characters now and got no where near the amount of stuff I got before the patch. 2 dub bags a quest and one plundered item.

They have definitely reduced drop rates.

I also got the same mission for both my characters and I've seen someone say all their characters got the same mission. Not sure I want to be bothered if I'm only getting a 20 residuum mission for running all those islands.
    Last edited by Jodmos; 2018-12-13 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    Troll shadowbolts always did ridiculous damage. I do think (on normal) that the mobs have been buffed as they were harder than before the patch.

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't think it was possible but you know Blizzard. I've done the weekly on two characters now and got no where near the amount of stuff I got before the patch. 2 dub bags a quest and one plundered item.

They have definitely reduced drop rates.

I also got the same mission for both my characters and I've seen someone say all their characters got the same mission. Not sure I want to be bothered if I'm only getting a 20 residuum mission for running all those islands.
    I think they have increased the drops actually. I've seen a lot of people with Squawks and the mogu doggy since yesterday and I've received loot in 3/3 mythic islands I run, I didn't get anything on the last hc though.

Also, you can receive missions that award mounts. Proof: https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/scree...mal/809285.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    I think they have increased the drops actually. I've seen a lot of people with Squawks and the mogu doggy since yesterday and I've received loot in 3/3 mythic islands I run, I didn't get anything on the last hc though.

Also, you can receive missions that award mounts. Proof: https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/scree...mal/809285.jpg
    I saw that about the mounts mission. Both of my characters got residuum which is frankly worthless. You ran Mythics so I would like to think the rate was increased given what they said. I just think they've reduced the others. I do normal/heroic because they are quicker and I have time constraints. Droprates were not great but I've am definitely seeing less than before. The dubloons is weird though as now that there is a vendor for them I'm not seeing many at all when they were the most common reward before. I guess Blizzard need to extend the grind now they can be used for something cosmetic.

Third character and same 'lucrative' mission. How on Earth can they make the mission you get the same across account and not random one per character.
    Last edited by Jodmos; 2018-12-13 at 04:42 PM.

Ran 3 mythic and gotten nothing. I never felt scammed and being mocked.. >=( What do you know? Layers of rngs with rngs behind rngs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know if it possible to disable the azerite collected in your chat? It's getting really annoying getting spammed all the time.
    Be strong, Clarence! Be strong for mother!

This probably doesn't qualify as a vanity reward, but I just received a "Humming Azerite Heart" worth 22650 artifact power upon finishing an expedition. Will add a screenshot later if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    This probably doesn't qualify as a vanity reward, but I just received a "Humming Azerite Heart" worth 22650 artifact power upon finishing an expedition. Will add a screenshot later if needed.
    They've come out and said the large AP rewards from IEs was a bug and they will be removed.

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...30130118303744

Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    They've come out and said the large AP rewards from IEs was a bug and they will be removed.

https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...30130118303744
    Oh well, that's sad but I totally understand why it has to be done.

Okay literally everyone is afking these things now for free loot.

Blizzard gonna have to change something cause its rather silly.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    Okay literally everyone is afking these things now for free loot.

Blizzard gonna have to change something cause its rather silly.
    Honestly. I did my weekly with multiple groups full of aoe heavy melee/ranged classes that just sat on their asses. It was a nightmare.

It'll prolly even out soon tho. I guess since there were changes there's a bunch of people who are trying it (for the first or second time) again.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Got the Twilight drake yesterday. 10 runs since the patch. I actually got the mount, pet, and a 2h "twilight" axe with it.

In the 10 runs I got 5 mogs, 2 pets, and the mount
    "If you don't know who I am -- then maybe your best course is to tread lightly." - W.W.

no nothing yet still farming....lol

With AFK farming gone, did they also nerf 8.1 drop rates. This grind is absurd, achivements too.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO