Page 1 of 41
... LastLast
    Deleted

Vanity rewards from Island Expedition

Hi guys.

I am wondering if any of you guys have obtained some of the vanity items from the expeditions. A few guildies of mine have done a ton (50+ mythic) and only recieved a few pets and such. Is the drop rates just really low?

Have you guys obtained any of the mounts?

Edit:

Warcraft-Secrets editors have collected a ton of info, regarding the rewards. They track data for which rewards seems to be associsated with which mobs etc. A link to the results can be found here:
    https://warcraft-secrets.com/guides/...itions-rewards
    Last edited by mmoc909dfd26c8; 2018-10-04 at 03:02 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    I've yet to get anything, although I've admittedly only done them on Heroic so far, and just enough to get my weekly lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincell View Post
    I've yet to get anything, although I've admittedly only done them on Heroic so far, and just enough to get my weekly lol
    I have done ~200k Azerite across 2 chars or so and has obtained 4 rep items (1 CoA, 2 Honorbound, 1 Voldunai). A mix of HC/Mythic

I helped a friend with a heroic expedition, we lost and he got the pet. Was his first ever expedition too

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    I have done ~200k Azerite across 2 chars or so and has obtained 4 rep items (1 CoA, 2 Honorbound, 1 Voldunai). A mix of HC/Mythic
    I'm hoping I get something this week. I didn't end up getting any last week, but I haven't done any this reset... wish me luck

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Haven't gotten anything but the currency for Island Expeditions.

Farming those mounts is going to be the most tedious thing ever. Blizzard really must see something in these Island Expeditions that I don't.

my gf did 5 and got the some blue fish weapon she sold for 300k + , i did about 15 got 2 reputation things a mage friend did around 30+ got only rep stuff

I got the jelly mount in my fifth run. Friend also got it in his second run.

And a bunch of other quest items and i think a pet... but not ONE Transmogitem

Deleted
    I only did a bunch of heroic expeditions last week, and got one item for Jani. And there are so many things to get... *sigh*

Deleted
    Have you guys got more stuff during this week? As there was a hotfix saying that sometimes rewards was not given.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Haven't gotten anything but the currency for Island Expeditions.

Farming those mounts is going to be the most tedious thing ever. Blizzard really must see something in these Island Expeditions that I don't.
    Not 100%, but I think the individual mounts might be from specific Islands maps. This might not matter initially, but could be useful for gathering the last mounts down the line (If your map is not up, you should not spam que).

IMO you should at least get a bag with a random reward every second or third island guaranteed, at LEAST. A pool of a hundred items with, I bet, the possibility to get duplicates at the current drop rate is just.. impossible to target anything.

I'd way rather having things purchased with Doubloons to this. I was all down for grinding them out until I have everything, but the current rate is honestly just making me wanna quit after I get exalted with Honourbound on each character.

A reward system isn't much of a reward system if it encourages people not to bother, instead of incentivising play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    IMO you should at least get a bag with a random reward every second or third island guaranteed, at LEAST. A pool of a hundred items with, I bet, the possibility to get duplicates at the current drop rate is just.. impossible to target anything.

I'd way rather having things purchased with Doubloons to this. I was all down for grinding them out until I have everything, but the current rate is honestly just making me wanna quit after I get exalted with Honourbound on each character.

A reward system isn't much of a reward system if it encourages people not to bother, instead of incentivising play.
    If you can get duplicates its pretty stupid TBH. I hope? you can't get duplicates of the pets, moutns and such.

11 normal and 1 heroic, nothing but coins or whatever it's called.

Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    If you can get duplicates its pretty stupid TBH. I hope? you can't get duplicates of the pets, moutns and such.
    Ideally not, but after Legion Invasions (~11 weapons with a low drop rate where you could get duplicates), Argus treasure chests (armour set pieces with a low drop rate where you could get duplicates) and Argus Invasion Points (mercifully 2 weapons per named invasion point with a low drop rate but you could get duplicates) I'm erring on the side of expecting you can get the same reward item, except MAYBE the mounts, multiple times.

I would way prefer a guaranteed reward every 3-5 Islands, and to never receive a duplicate. It'd still take like a thousand to get all the mounts/pets/mogs, but at least it would feel like an achievable goal, you know? One of the things that motivates collectors to undertake ridiculously long-term tasks that keeps them subbed is the ability to know they can finish a checklist. Taking that away seems to do more harm than good in the name of making things 'rarer'.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    Ideally not, but after Legion Invasions (~11 weapons with a low drop rate where you could get duplicates), Argus treasure chests (armour set pieces with a low drop rate where you could get duplicates) and Argus Invasion Points (mercifully 2 weapons per named invasion point with a low drop rate but you could get duplicates) I'm erring on the side of expecting you can get the same reward item, except MAYBE the mounts, multiple times.

I would way prefer a guaranteed reward every 3-5 Islands, and to never receive a duplicate. It'd still take like a thousand to get all the mounts/pets/mogs, but at least it would feel like an achievable goal, you know? One of the things that motivates collectors to undertake ridiculously long-term tasks that keeps them subbed is the ability to know they can finish a checklist. Taking that away seems to do more harm than good in the name of making things 'rarer'.
    Yeah I get it. The systems is so inconsistent. I am just hoping

Deleted
    Just got the Poro pet from a normal expedition. Terrible group and we lost.

Deleted
    Did like 30 total (normal, heroic and mythic as well as pvp) and I only got 1 rep item for Voldunai..

10+ Year Old Account
    Do mounts only drop from mythic? Cause I'll likely never do those. Been guildless for ages and have no plans of changing that

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Do mounts only drop from mythic? Cause I'll likely never do those. Been guildless for ages and have no plans of changing that
    They can drop from any difficulty.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    I think you can pug those. Probably as more people get 120 more groups will show up