Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It seems every time pirate invasion comes up you get Mutineer Jaila or w/e her name is on the ship. Anyone seen someone else?

So let me get this straight, to even have a shot at the mounts you need to do specific islands during specific weeks and hope a specific mob spawns (during a timed run no less) and that you get the drop from it?

What an interesting, fun and innovative reward structure. Think I'll pass on this bullshit, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    So let me get this straight, to even have a shot at the mounts you need to do specific islands during specific weeks and hope a specific mob spawns (during a timed run no less) and that you get the drop from it?

What an interesting, fun and innovative reward structure. Think I'll pass on this bullshit, thanks.
    And also, it seems you are supposed to hinder your team's efforts on purpose, in order not to win too fast, so that special spawns have a chance to appear.

The system is indeed pretty annoying.

I just did an island with loads of goat mobs in it and got the goat pet. So yeah that's clearly how it works. Too bad no one ever officially communicated it to us

Don't forget that part where your 'teammates' are almost certainly actively (or at least passively) working against you. It would sure seem that every Node mined and Elemental killed is a step towards not getting any Reward.

Also this is 100% based on conjecture and small sample sizes at this point, although there does seem to be some fairly solid evidence of certain truths.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    And also, it seems you are supposed to hinder your team's efforts on purpose, in order not to win too fast, so that special spawns have a chance to appear.

The system is indeed pretty annoying.

I just did an island with loads of goat mobs in it and got the goat pet. So yeah that's clearly how it works. Too bad no one ever officially communicated it to us
    Splendid. So the only way to get these rewards is to get a premade, do the faceroll easy Normal expeditions ad nauseum and hope RNGjesus blesses you thrice over (get the right islands, get the right spawns, get the drops). After you look up all available info on Wowhead of course, because who likes clear reward structures in games amirite.

Screw this, I'll spam islands for my weeklys and be done with it. I have no time for that sort of nonsense and pity any completionist who does.

Splendid. So the only way to get these rewards is to get a premade, do the faceroll easy Normal expeditions ad nauseum and hope RNGjesus blesses you thrice over (get the right islands, get the right spawns, get the drops). After you look up all available info on Wowhead of course, because who likes clear reward structures in games amirite.

Screw this, I'll spam islands for my weeklys and be done with it. I have no time for that sort of nonsense and pity any completionist who does.
    Well, you can still just pug it and hope for the best. The general strategy accepted by most players is that you should hunt for rares and these are the best to kill for azerite. The only thing that messes this up are those azerite elementals, which don't seem to be connected to any pet/toy/mount

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Well, you can still just pug it and hope for the best. The general strategy accepted by most players is that you should hunt for rares and these are the best to kill for azerite. The only thing that messes this up are those azerite elementals, which don't seem to be connected to any pet/toy/mount
    The strategy for going straight to rares or enemies with a skull icon on the mini-map (AKA Powerful Foe) and then clearing the invasion enemies actually works decently in terms of pacing on normal. The enemy team most of the time is either trailing at the beginning or within 15-20% of us, both sides. Really with this strategy what ends up remove the pacing or unevens the results comes right around when either team mines the "huge cluster of azerite". The strategy I use involves just killing the skull marked azerite elemental and then leaving and killing the rest of the rares. I only request to mine if we are behind the enemy team. Eventually the enemy team will make their way to the cluster and mine it and get good points out of it, which is why we always wanted to 'keep up' with them so that spikes in acquisition and us running around not being able to find anymore rares doesn't hinder progerssion.

I can't confirm this yet but after reading some of the posts about invasion spawns, I feel like killing coastal rares may trigger them. I don't know if I'm remembering correctly but I feel like the invasions mobs tend to occupy the space you killed the rare at. I'm going to do some testing tonight hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Zappidoo View Post
    I can't confirm this yet but after reading some of the posts about invasion spawns, I feel like killing coastal rares may trigger them. I don't know if I'm remembering correctly but I feel like the invasions mobs tend to occupy the space you killed the rare at. I'm going to do some testing tonight hopefully.
    Killing the coastal rares is not going to be enough, most of the time it's only a few of them. And you don't need to clear the beach of regular mobs, as the invaders will just "stun" and pre-existing creatures they find there and make them neutral to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    Killing the coastal rares is not going to be enough, most of the time it's only a few of them. And you don't need to clear the beach of regular mobs, as the invaders will just "stun" and pre-existing creatures they find there and make them neutral to you.
    Ok that makes sense I was wondering why some mobs were neutral and looked like they were encased in azerite.

Deleted
    First time I had kvaldir invasion this week :f Too bad I didnt get anything other than AP, even though I killed all rares + portal boss.

Just went 15/15 heroic without anything other than dubloons and only 23 of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandraudiga View Post
    Just went 15/15 heroic without anything other than dubloons and only 23 of those.
    But were you speed clearing, or focusing rares and invasions?

Anyone else had their achievements reset? I had helping hand almost complete, with 2 npcs to go. Was tracking it. Did a few expeditions on an alt, found one of those two remaining and it reset the achievement on my main, now i have to start over =\

Quote Originally Posted by Tang0 View Post
    Anyone else had their achievements reset? I had helping hand almost complete, with 2 npcs to go. Was tracking it. Did a few expeditions on an alt, found one of those two remaining and it reset the achievement on my main, now i have to start over =\
    got reset due to it and 3 other IE achievements becoming accountwide.

So maybe i'm missing something but I did a heroic IE killed some rares and some of the trolls. I ended up getting:

[Seafarer's Coin Pouch]
    [Murloc Eye] (quest item)
    [Azeroth's Tear] (250 CoA rep)
    [Glowing Azerite] (350 AP)

On top of the 225 AP I got for winning I got that Glowing Azerite. Anybody know why? Is it a daily thing? I've never noticed that before.

Do you get transmog items depending on what you kill or is it completely random? Or maybe depending on which of the island you visit?

So far, I got a Yinyu themed polearm, Mantid themed sword, Troll themed shield and some Firelands armor recolors.

I'm after that one specific Mantid sword that is a really pretty recolor of Paragons' sword from SoO, so I wonder if I should go after the swarms when they spawn or just kill random stuff and hope for the best at the end of the expedition...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theshoover View Post
    So maybe i'm missing something but I did a heroic IE killed some rares and some of the trolls. I ended up getting:

[Seafarer's Coin Pouch]
    [Murloc Eye] (quest item)
    [Azeroth's Tear] (250 CoA rep)
    [Glowing Azerite] (350 AP)

On top of the 225 AP I got for winning I got that Glowing Azerite. Anybody know why? Is it a daily thing? I've never noticed that before.
    There seems to be a daily thing now. Since the buff to the drop rate I've been leveling my alts via IEs and today I've gotten the normal 74k EXP + 104k for a daily IE. I've also gotten loot everytime I did a daily IE.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    got reset due to it and 3 other IE achievements becoming accountwide.
    But that makes zero sense, i was almost done with it.... Tell me a Tale is not account-wide, since i've looted sonic stone on an alt and it's not tagged on my main's achievement. Plus those achievements don't have account-wide frame.

No transmog items of value have dropped for me yet. I just have ~90 dubloons sitting there collecting dust. My guess is they will add a vendor to purchase cosmetics/other resources similar to blood of sarg vendor