Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Phatte View Post
    Seems like its completely random. I have only had 1 gold one and then I've had 3 or 4 transmog piece ones (which is better because the pieces sold for over 5k gold) and then ive also had 1 pet mission.
    They should get rid of the 2000AP one. It's utter shite.

Deleted
    20 Titan Residium, that's even worse in my book

I don't go anywhere near the IE table.
    Koko's D2 Normal untwinked Bowazon walkthrough (In case of D2 remaster at Blizzcon!) 22/36 mage towers: 2/3 warrior (prot, fury), 1/3 mage (fire), 2/3 priest (disc, shadow), 2/3 hunter (BM, surv), 2/3 pally (prot, ret), 2/3 shaman (enhance, ele), 2/3 druid (guardian, feral), 3/3 lock, 2/2 DH, 2/3 DK (frost, unholy), 1/3 monk (ww), 1/3 rogue (outlaw)

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Yeah, I feel like they changed something. A few days ago I did five mythics and I got one or two things every single run.

Last night I did six heroics and got two shitty transmog items and a few doubloons. I know heroic has a lower drop rate than mythics, but come on.
    I used to think that also but honestly don't think it has anything to do with difficulty.

I've been using IEs to level up my Horde mage to 120. Last night I got 3 pets [Giggling Flame], [Mustflank Calfling] , [Thunderscale Whelpling] + a blue quest item from a single run and that's on normal at lvl 117.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    They should get rid of the 2000AP one. It's utter shite.
    WQS, DUNGEONS, RAID, PVP rewards, IE weekly, now treasure added it? It's stupid as fuck. We don't rreally need more AP to be honest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty006 View Post
    20 Titan Residium, that's even worse in my book
    Yeah that tick me off cuz running 8 of my alts and 5 of them got 15-20 titan crap which i give zero fucks...

The Patient
    Soooo..

With the recent blue post about responding to feedback -

Just curious what people's thoughts were on whether they felt the tweaks Blizz put in responded to the complaints and issues?

ANd how is the 8.1 version of Islands going for you farmers? Does it feel better to farm with the new drop rules? Or just as pointless?
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    Soooo..

Just curious what people's thoughts were on whether they felt the tweaks Blizz put in responded to the complaints and issues?

ANd how is the 8.1 version of Islands going for you farmers? Does it feel better to farm with the new drop rules? Or just as pointless?
    I've run hundreds across 6 characters and have yet to see a single mount. Also the dubloon drop rate seems to have dried way up, so i feel like they may make one favorable tweak here and there but ultimately, there's still so much RNG involved that it's a basically unchanged.

Others will ofc have different experiences - thats the nature of a system based on like 7 layers of randomness.

The _only_ good thing is that I feel like i'm at least not fighting against my team anymore, and winning seems to be the goal. But even at that... who knows? The loot system may still favor killing rares and ignoring nodes and chests. We just don't know. Blizz hasn't exactly established much credibility lately.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    Soooo..

Have 2 mounts, most pets, nearly all worthless azerite story items.

While the islands go by faster, its actually alot less fun now, since you cant find random doubloons on the ground or be excited for when you run into a type you want. Ironically, by increasing mount drop chance, they made islands just into "fill the bar", removing any interesting chance for any kind of exploration. The positive highs that used to be there are gone.

And with the absurdly high amount of mounts in there, I've given up. It would be easier to get all Legion paragon mounts than all island mounts at this time.

Nerfing doublon drop rate is also a giant middle finger to those grinding. Its just unfair, and I say that as a guy with 800 doublons across 3 characters before 8.1 dropped.

I dont want to play your slot machine blizzzard.
    Last edited by mmocce3e2c6f69; 2019-01-11 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phatte View Post
    Seems like its completely random. I have only had 1 gold one and then I've had 3 or 4 transmog piece ones (which is better because the pieces sold for over 5k gold) and then ive also had 1 pet mission.
    Ive been getting the treasure map on 6-7 characters for the last 5 weeks or so. I'd estimate I get the AP reward at least 80% of the time... I've got like 1-2 transmog pieces, 1 pet, a few titan residium missions, about 3 gold missions and the rest were AP...

I mean this could be RNG but I don't think it is. It seems weighted so you have a far higher chance to get AP or Titan residium than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Ive been getting the treasure map on 6-7 characters for the last 5 weeks or so. I'd estimate I get the AP reward at least 80% of the time... I've got like 1-2 transmog pieces, 1 pet, a few titan residium missions, about 3 gold missions and the rest were AP...

I mean this could be RNG but I don't think it is. It seems weighted so you have a far higher chance to get AP or Titan residium than anything else.
    5K gold near every time for me (better than AP or Titan thingy....). Its amazing they found another place to shoehorn in another level of RNG into Islands, but here we are.

The Patient
    Yea that's kinda what I was thinking and noted none of the tweaks addressed any of the pages and pages of complaints I've seen about the drop rates and the items... so was just going to make sure they just ignored that whole part of it in the "addressing your concerns" stuff and not that the 8.1 drop rate shifted so much that it feels more like "normal" RNG... lol.

Well I might do five because of that [email protected]*#)&!$ tier requirement to get the QoL (Sort of) rewards (From the NPC next to the mission table...I suck with names) maybe... but outside of that looks like i'll probably wait and experience IE at a future expansion when I'm really bored ...
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by mmocce3e2c6f69 View Post
    Have 2 mounts, most pets, nearly all worthless azerite story items.

While the islands go by faster, its actually alot less fun now, since you cant find random doubloons on the ground or be excited for when you run into a type you want. Ironically, by increasing mount drop chance, they made islands just into "fill the bar", removing any interesting chance for any kind of exploration. The positive highs that used to be there are gone.

And with the absurdly high amount of mounts in there, I've given up. It would be easier to get all Legion paragon mounts than all island mounts at this time.

Nerfing doublon drop rate is also a giant middle finger to those grinding. Its just unfair, and I say that as a guy with 800 doublons across 3 characters before 8.1 dropped.

I dont want to play your slot machine blizzzard.
    It started out as boring and repetitive. Now with the "improvements" they made it mindless as well. No longer need to think. Just kill stuff and collect ?loot?
    Koko's D2 Normal untwinked Bowazon walkthrough (In case of D2 remaster at Blizzcon!) 22/36 mage towers: 2/3 warrior (prot, fury), 1/3 mage (fire), 2/3 priest (disc, shadow), 2/3 hunter (BM, surv), 2/3 pally (prot, ret), 2/3 shaman (enhance, ele), 2/3 druid (guardian, feral), 3/3 lock, 2/2 DH, 2/3 DK (frost, unholy), 1/3 monk (ww), 1/3 rogue (outlaw)

It's weird right now. I did a few Mythic IEs with a couple friends. Results varied - on one run I got 4 dubloons and that's it, on another I got 2 transmog items (plate belt and a staff) + two pets + 23 dubloons. Never seen a mount, nor my friends, nor my guildies - not sure if they actually exist.
    I like that there's a higher density of rares now - it gets funny if you pull a bunch too many and have to kite them around.
    Last edited by Loveliest; 2019-01-14 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    It started out as boring and repetitive. Now with the "improvements" they made it mindless as well. No longer need to think. Just kill stuff and collect ?loot?
    Or not collect loot, much more likely.

The Patient
    The new season 2 blue post doesn't say anything about Heroic/Mythic IE getting scaled up. Do they scale right now, I never noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    The new season 2 blue post doesn't say anything about Heroic/Mythic IE getting scaled up. Do they scale right now, I never noticed.
    They have scaled them up a lot already with 8.1.

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    They have scaled them up a lot already with 8.1.
    Do you have a link to a post where they said they scaled them up? It doesn't seem to me that they have been scaled up.

Now there has been some new creatures/encounters added in 8.1 that are stronger than the ones at release, which has sometimes made certain islands harder than others. Some of those have been nerfed by recent hotfixes because they were too strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveon View Post
    Do you have a link to a post where they said they scaled them up?
    No, but the hp increase on everything was obvious. For example, heroic rares have 800k now, some even over 1m. They used to have like 400-500k or something. I was always going alone soloing rares easily, after the patch it's not such a good idea.