Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    They definitely messed something up with drops after that afk hotfix.
    Ive capped 3 chars so far and literally 0 items even doubloons are droping like 1 in 4 games.
    This is getting ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I feel like they changed something. A few days ago I did five mythics and I got one or two things every single run.

Last night I did six heroics and got two shitty transmog items and a few doubloons. I know heroic has a lower drop rate than mythics, but come on.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I know heroic has a lower drop rate than mythics, but come on.
    Is there a difference in the droprate between different difficulties after the patch? Is farming mythic the way to go if I'm after vanity rewards?

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, there is. Was announced so, but cba to find the quote.
    /spit@Blizzard

Oy at the Treasure Map mission for 2000 Azerite Power. Feels so bad, man.

Wonder what the mission rates are? I was 4/4 on the 5000 gold one (meh) until the worse one just now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Oy at the Treasure Map mission for 2000 Azerite Power. Feels so bad, man.

Wonder what the mission rates are? I was 4/4 on the 5000 gold one (meh) until the worse one just now.
    Seems like its completely random. I have only had 1 gold one and then I've had 3 or 4 transmog piece ones (which is better because the pieces sold for over 5k gold) and then ive also had 1 pet mission.
    "If you don't know who I am -- then maybe your best course is to tread lightly." - W.W.

Quote Originally Posted by Phatte View Post
    Seems like its completely random. I have only had 1 gold one and then I've had 3 or 4 transmog piece ones (which is better because the pieces sold for over 5k gold) and then ive also had 1 pet mission.
    They should get rid of the 2000AP one. It's utter shite.

Deleted
    20 Titan Residium, that's even worse in my book

I don't go anywhere near the IE table.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Yeah, I feel like they changed something. A few days ago I did five mythics and I got one or two things every single run.

Last night I did six heroics and got two shitty transmog items and a few doubloons. I know heroic has a lower drop rate than mythics, but come on.
    I used to think that also but honestly don't think it has anything to do with difficulty.

I've been using IEs to level up my Horde mage to 120. Last night I got 3 pets [Giggling Flame], [Mustflank Calfling] , [Thunderscale Whelpling] + a blue quest item from a single run and that's on normal at lvl 117.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    They should get rid of the 2000AP one. It's utter shite.
    WQS, DUNGEONS, RAID, PVP rewards, IE weekly, now treasure added it? It's stupid as fuck. We don't rreally need more AP to be honest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Qwerty006 View Post
    20 Titan Residium, that's even worse in my book
    Yeah that tick me off cuz running 8 of my alts and 5 of them got 15-20 titan crap which i give zero fucks...

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Soooo..

With the recent blue post about responding to feedback -

Just curious what people's thoughts were on whether they felt the tweaks Blizz put in responded to the complaints and issues?

ANd how is the 8.1 version of Islands going for you farmers? Does it feel better to farm with the new drop rules? Or just as pointless?
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    Soooo..

Just curious what people's thoughts were on whether they felt the tweaks Blizz put in responded to the complaints and issues?

ANd how is the 8.1 version of Islands going for you farmers? Does it feel better to farm with the new drop rules? Or just as pointless?
    I've run hundreds across 6 characters and have yet to see a single mount. Also the dubloon drop rate seems to have dried way up, so i feel like they may make one favorable tweak here and there but ultimately, there's still so much RNG involved that it's a basically unchanged.

Others will ofc have different experiences - thats the nature of a system based on like 7 layers of randomness.

The _only_ good thing is that I feel like i'm at least not fighting against my team anymore, and winning seems to be the goal. But even at that... who knows? The loot system may still favor killing rares and ignoring nodes and chests. We just don't know. Blizz hasn't exactly established much credibility lately.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    Soooo..

Have 2 mounts, most pets, nearly all worthless azerite story items.

While the islands go by faster, its actually alot less fun now, since you cant find random doubloons on the ground or be excited for when you run into a type you want. Ironically, by increasing mount drop chance, they made islands just into "fill the bar", removing any interesting chance for any kind of exploration. The positive highs that used to be there are gone.

And with the absurdly high amount of mounts in there, I've given up. It would be easier to get all Legion paragon mounts than all island mounts at this time.

Nerfing doublon drop rate is also a giant middle finger to those grinding. Its just unfair, and I say that as a guy with 800 doublons across 3 characters before 8.1 dropped.

I dont want to play your slot machine blizzzard.
    Last edited by mmocce3e2c6f69; 2019-01-11 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phatte View Post
    Ive been getting the treasure map on 6-7 characters for the last 5 weeks or so. I'd estimate I get the AP reward at least 80% of the time... I've got like 1-2 transmog pieces, 1 pet, a few titan residium missions, about 3 gold missions and the rest were AP...

I mean this could be RNG but I don't think it is. It seems weighted so you have a far higher chance to get AP or Titan residium than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Ive been getting the treasure map on 6-7 characters for the last 5 weeks or so. I'd estimate I get the AP reward at least 80% of the time... I've got like 1-2 transmog pieces, 1 pet, a few titan residium missions, about 3 gold missions and the rest were AP...

I mean this could be RNG but I don't think it is. It seems weighted so you have a far higher chance to get AP or Titan residium than anything else.
    5K gold near every time for me (better than AP or Titan thingy....). Its amazing they found another place to shoehorn in another level of RNG into Islands, but here we are.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yea that's kinda what I was thinking and noted none of the tweaks addressed any of the pages and pages of complaints I've seen about the drop rates and the items... so was just going to make sure they just ignored that whole part of it in the "addressing your concerns" stuff and not that the 8.1 drop rate shifted so much that it feels more like "normal" RNG... lol.

Well I might do five because of that S@*#)&!$ tier requirement to get the QoL (Sort of) rewards (From the NPC next to the mission table...I suck with names) maybe... but outside of that looks like i'll probably wait and experience IE at a future expansion when I'm really bored ...
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by mmocce3e2c6f69 View Post
    Have 2 mounts, most pets, nearly all worthless azerite story items.

While the islands go by faster, its actually alot less fun now, since you cant find random doubloons on the ground or be excited for when you run into a type you want. Ironically, by increasing mount drop chance, they made islands just into "fill the bar", removing any interesting chance for any kind of exploration. The positive highs that used to be there are gone.

And with the absurdly high amount of mounts in there, I've given up. It would be easier to get all Legion paragon mounts than all island mounts at this time.

Nerfing doublon drop rate is also a giant middle finger to those grinding. Its just unfair, and I say that as a guy with 800 doublons across 3 characters before 8.1 dropped.

I dont want to play your slot machine blizzzard.
    It started out as boring and repetitive. Now with the "improvements" they made it mindless as well. No longer need to think. Just kill stuff and collect ?loot?
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

It's weird right now. I did a few Mythic IEs with a couple friends. Results varied - on one run I got 4 dubloons and that's it, on another I got 2 transmog items (plate belt and a staff) + two pets + 23 dubloons. Never seen a mount, nor my friends, nor my guildies - not sure if they actually exist.
    I like that there's a higher density of rares now - it gets funny if you pull a bunch too many and have to kite them around.
    Last edited by Loveliest; 2019-01-14 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    It started out as boring and repetitive. Now with the "improvements" they made it mindless as well. No longer need to think. Just kill stuff and collect ?loot?
    Or not collect loot, much more likely.