Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The new season 2 blue post doesn't say anything about Heroic/Mythic IE getting scaled up. Do they scale right now, I never noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    The new season 2 blue post doesn't say anything about Heroic/Mythic IE getting scaled up. Do they scale right now, I never noticed.
    They have scaled them up a lot already with 8.1.

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    Do you have a link to a post where they said they scaled them up? It doesn't seem to me that they have been scaled up.

Now there has been some new creatures/encounters added in 8.1 that are stronger than the ones at release, which has sometimes made certain islands harder than others. Some of those have been nerfed by recent hotfixes because they were too strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveon View Post
    Do you have a link to a post where they said they scaled them up?
    No, but the hp increase on everything was obvious. For example, heroic rares have 800k now, some even over 1m. They used to have like 400-500k or something. I was always going alone soloing rares easily, after the patch it's not such a good idea.

wait.. what? Does that mean 8.1.5 gears req rose at least to max 425ish which mean ie and other rest dungeon and crap match our ilvl now? Fuck that... just No. This is why i don't play this crap anymore cuz blizzard's thoughtful ideas are fucking trash.

- - - Updated - - -

No, but the hp increase on everything was obvious. For example, heroic rares have 800k now, some even over 1m. They used to have like 400-500k or something. I was always going alone soloing rares easily, after the patch it's not such a good idea.
    it's A FUCKING MORONIC IDEA coming from blizzard, they should have it leave it alone. I mean... There's a quick respawn timers for them right? I mean it only takes couple minutes or least for it to spawn on original hp but it stacks more hp if other player come by hitting it by like 150k-250k more is pretty dumbest idea i ever seen. Each patch come, they gained more steroids is What the actual fuck are you doing blizzard? Coming from players they thought it were not challenging so blizzard decides to give them "Challenging mob" Lol, see the problem? I guess blizzard surely like to piss people off.
    Last edited by trapmaster; 2019-01-23 at 01:10 AM.

What? Damn it. I was hoping Islands would be exempt from the dumbass mid-expansion scaling crap.

Guess I'll have to wait until next expansion to farm mythic islands.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    What? Damn it. I was hoping Islands would be exempt from the dumbass mid-expansion scaling crap.

Guess I'll have to wait until next expansion to farm mythic islands.
    it'll scale to next xpac. You honestly think those prizes are easy to farm when your higher level? I'm pretty sure blizzard will make sure u suffer grindness agan. I know that feeling, I know. But let's be honest, this is bullshit. I expect it TO BE REALLY THAT EASY But no blizzard's scale ness haappened.. Lelele

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    it'll scale to next xpac. You honestly think those prizes are easy to farm when your higher level? I'm pretty sure blizzard will make sure u suffer grindness agan. I know that feeling, I know. But let's be honest, this is bullshit. I expect it TO BE REALLY THAT EASY But no blizzard's scale ness haappened.. Lelele
    They generally don't care after an expansion is over. Garrison invasions can be soloed at platinum levels almost exclusively from your Garrison NPCs doing all the work, we can queue for MoP scenarios and smash them up easy enough. I can't see them making Islands scale to 130 unless they want them to really be expansion-agnostic content, which a) I freaking hope not and b) without Azerite as a reward even less people will run them.

I fully expect to be able to queue for them solo at least for Heroic and Normal, but I'd hope for Mythic, too. I'd love to be able to pick the island like we can pick the LFR wing of older expansions, but that seems much less likely.

Ugh.

5 Islands on Heroic, all wins, probably 10-15 rares killed per island..... 7 Dubloons (total) loot.

And a quest for Residium that I give zero fucks about.

This content couldn't be more demotivating if they tried. Go ahead Blizz I dare you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Ugh.

5 Islands on Heroic, all wins, probably 10-15 rares killed per island..... 7 Dubloons (total) loot.

And a quest for Residium that I give zero fucks about.

This content couldn't be more demotivating if they tried. Go ahead Blizz I dare you.
    Rares dont matter anymore. Do them on mythic.

I seriously don't know what you guys are complaining about. Get a Demon Hunter or a Warrior, and 2 ranged with good aoe. 6-8 minutes per island. Get an assload of asserite, a mission table worth doing, and a chance at random crap to sell on the AH or keep. Move to next toon. Or keep doing them as they are relatively fun. If you have a team that just runs around mining and aoeing the crap out of mobs its very quick.

If you have a random that is trying to fite the horde instead of doing the objective (mine and aoe as many mobs as possible) or is just bad then kick and replace. I do these with random ass people with item levels as low 350. I just make sure I get a class that will complement mine. If Im on my druid or hunter I find a Demon hunter/ warrior/paladin. and a warlock or spriest. You need some class with decent self healing, good aoe, and some stuns preferably to "tank" and strong aoe classes to grind through these fast.

Blizz nerfed the rewards from rare mobs, its quite clear these are meant to be rush rush rushed. So much for "exploration"
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

1200 runs and only 1 mount could not be more depressing.

Sitting at around 730exp done atm and 0 mounts heh...

I wonder what the chance is for the Map to proc a mount like Squawks. Seems like it'd be really low

Quote Originally Posted by Killfainted View Post
    1200 runs and only 1 mount could not be more depressing.
    And this is why I still dont bother doing them much, and Im a collector as well. They are still broken.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

I am extremely disappointed with Island Expeditions.

I have now passed my 1000th completed IE and I still don't have all the quests, half of the pets and most importantly, not a single mount.

Extremely demotivating to constantly grind the same mobs over and over again.

Ever since they removed the Rare Hunting element from IE, the whole completion process just becomes a mindless kill and loot (chests) speedrun.

The whole Island is now a freaking clown fiesta, you get like three separate invasions each island. You're fighting worgen, then suddenly Mogu come, Tol'vir come and to top it off the Venture goblins fly in on their stupid ugly balloons. Ever since 8.1, Jorundhall or Havenswood are always on. I am already sick of those two dark grim shitholes.

It's purpouseless, mindless RNG grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Fistfighter View Post
    Ever since they removed the Rare Hunting element from IE, the whole completion process just becomes a mindless kill and loot (chests) speedrun.

Anyone with half a brain should've realised the loot table change spelled trouble. The excuse was so matchmaking wouldn't be such a pain for people who wanted to target and those who didn't, but it fucked the overall loot table even more.

It's dead content. Same for (normal) Warfronts.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle June Bug View Post
    Anyone with half a brain should've realised the loot table change spelled trouble. The excuse was so matchmaking wouldn't be such a pain for people who wanted to target and those who didn't, but it fucked the overall loot table even more.

It's dead content. Same for (normal) Warfronts.
    I just want a fucking parrot, alright

I see people I run with get a decent number of drops, but I have seen almost none myself. I'm the big pet collector in my guild and my guildies are getting the drops frequently enough to actually have extras of some of them to give to me...so yay?

Damn, Im so happy that I've got my parrot before loot table change, I just farmed the pirated alrigth.

Now I feel like there is no loot targetting at all, so its pretty much even more of RNG fest than before... ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by Fistfighter View Post
    I am extremely disappointed with Island Expeditions.

I have now passed my 1000th completed IE and I still don't have all the quests, half of the pets and most importantly, not a single mount.

Extremely demotivating to constantly grind the same mobs over and over again.

The whole Island is now a freaking clown fiesta, you get like three separate invasions each island. You're fighting worgen, then suddenly Mogu come, Tol'vir come and to top it off the Venture goblins fly in on their stupid ugly balloons. Ever since 8.1, Jorundhall or Havenswood are always on. I am already sick of those two dark grim shitholes.

I hope blizzard changes the system yes. Its horrible, you could grind for 300 hours and get no mount.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO