Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    it'll scale to next xpac. You honestly think those prizes are easy to farm when your higher level? I'm pretty sure blizzard will make sure u suffer grindness agan. I know that feeling, I know. But let's be honest, this is bullshit. I expect it TO BE REALLY THAT EASY But no blizzard's scale ness haappened.. Lelele
    They generally don't care after an expansion is over. Garrison invasions can be soloed at platinum levels almost exclusively from your Garrison NPCs doing all the work, we can queue for MoP scenarios and smash them up easy enough. I can't see them making Islands scale to 130 unless they want them to really be expansion-agnostic content, which a) I freaking hope not and b) without Azerite as a reward even less people will run them.

I fully expect to be able to queue for them solo at least for Heroic and Normal, but I'd hope for Mythic, too. I'd love to be able to pick the island like we can pick the LFR wing of older expansions, but that seems much less likely.

Ugh.

5 Islands on Heroic, all wins, probably 10-15 rares killed per island..... 7 Dubloons (total) loot.

And a quest for Residium that I give zero fucks about.

This content couldn't be more demotivating if they tried. Go ahead Blizz I dare you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Ugh.

5 Islands on Heroic, all wins, probably 10-15 rares killed per island..... 7 Dubloons (total) loot.

And a quest for Residium that I give zero fucks about.

This content couldn't be more demotivating if they tried. Go ahead Blizz I dare you.
    Rares dont matter anymore. Do them on mythic.

I seriously don't know what you guys are complaining about. Get a Demon Hunter or a Warrior, and 2 ranged with good aoe. 6-8 minutes per island. Get an assload of asserite, a mission table worth doing, and a chance at random crap to sell on the AH or keep. Move to next toon. Or keep doing them as they are relatively fun. If you have a team that just runs around mining and aoeing the crap out of mobs its very quick.

If you have a random that is trying to fite the horde instead of doing the objective (mine and aoe as many mobs as possible) or is just bad then kick and replace. I do these with random ass people with item levels as low 350. I just make sure I get a class that will complement mine. If Im on my druid or hunter I find a Demon hunter/ warrior/paladin. and a warlock or spriest. You need some class with decent self healing, good aoe, and some stuns preferably to "tank" and strong aoe classes to grind through these fast.

Blizz nerfed the rewards from rare mobs, its quite clear these are meant to be rush rush rushed. So much for "exploration"

1200 runs and only 1 mount could not be more depressing.

Sitting at around 730exp done atm and 0 mounts heh...

I wonder what the chance is for the Map to proc a mount like Squawks. Seems like it'd be really low

Quote Originally Posted by Killfainted View Post
    1200 runs and only 1 mount could not be more depressing.
    And this is why I still dont bother doing them much, and Im a collector as well. They are still broken.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO
    NZXT H440 - Asus Z97 A Mobo - Corsair RM 850 - Intel I5 4590 CPU - Evo TX3 Cooler Master - Asus 970 Strix - 250GB SSD 850 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD - Windows 10

I am extremely disappointed with Island Expeditions.

I have now passed my 1000th completed IE and I still don't have all the quests, half of the pets and most importantly, not a single mount.

Extremely demotivating to constantly grind the same mobs over and over again.

Ever since they removed the Rare Hunting element from IE, the whole completion process just becomes a mindless kill and loot (chests) speedrun.

The whole Island is now a freaking clown fiesta, you get like three separate invasions each island. You're fighting worgen, then suddenly Mogu come, Tol'vir come and to top it off the Venture goblins fly in on their stupid ugly balloons. Ever since 8.1, Jorundhall or Havenswood are always on. I am already sick of those two dark grim shitholes.

It's purpouseless, mindless RNG grind.

Quote Originally Posted by Fistfighter View Post
    Ever since they removed the Rare Hunting element from IE, the whole completion process just becomes a mindless kill and loot (chests) speedrun.

Anyone with half a brain should've realised the loot table change spelled trouble. The excuse was so matchmaking wouldn't be such a pain for people who wanted to target and those who didn't, but it fucked the overall loot table even more.

It's dead content. Same for (normal) Warfronts.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle June Bug View Post
    Anyone with half a brain should've realised the loot table change spelled trouble. The excuse was so matchmaking wouldn't be such a pain for people who wanted to target and those who didn't, but it fucked the overall loot table even more.

It's dead content. Same for (normal) Warfronts.
    I just want a fucking parrot, alright

I see people I run with get a decent number of drops, but I have seen almost none myself. I'm the big pet collector in my guild and my guildies are getting the drops frequently enough to actually have extras of some of them to give to me...so yay?

Damn, Im so happy that I've got my parrot before loot table change, I just farmed the pirated alrigth.

Now I feel like there is no loot targetting at all, so its pretty much even more of RNG fest than before... ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by Fistfighter View Post
    I am extremely disappointed with Island Expeditions.

I have now passed my 1000th completed IE and I still don't have all the quests, half of the pets and most importantly, not a single mount.

Extremely demotivating to constantly grind the same mobs over and over again.

The whole Island is now a freaking clown fiesta, you get like three separate invasions each island. You're fighting worgen, then suddenly Mogu come, Tol'vir come and to top it off the Venture goblins fly in on their stupid ugly balloons. Ever since 8.1, Jorundhall or Havenswood are always on. I am already sick of those two dark grim shitholes.

I hope blizzard changes the system yes. Its horrible, you could grind for 300 hours and get no mount.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO
    NZXT H440 - Asus Z97 A Mobo - Corsair RM 850 - Intel I5 4590 CPU - Evo TX3 Cooler Master - Asus 970 Strix - 250GB SSD 850 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD - Windows 10

Seem you will be guaranteed a dubloon bag for a win in 8.1.5. May be worth doing now (assuming they keep their word about adding things to vendors at the end of the expansion).

I think I managed to get everything from isles so far. all transmogs and pets. missing 1 mount only (that goddamn bird)

but i have to confess that I bought most of them from AH because it's dreadful to spam island expeditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    I think I managed to get everything from isles so far. all transmogs and pets. missing 1 mount only (that goddamn bird)

but i have to confess that I bought most of them from AH because it's dreadful to spam island expeditions.
    You have all mounts but one? Holy shit, how many islands did THAT take? But you had to buy pets? That's kind of hard to believe... I'm only missing 2 or 3 pets, have had piles and piles of duplicates, and 0 mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    Seem you will be guaranteed a dubloon bag for a win in 8.1.5. May be worth doing now (assuming they keep their word about adding things to vendors at the end of the expansion).
    When did they say this?

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    When did they say this?
    Patch notes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    Why the hell did they nerf Dubloon drops to begin with?

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Why the hell did they nerf Dubloon drops to begin with?
    Yeah. When they added the actual cosmetics to the vendor dubloons drops went (for me anyway) from every other IE to 1 in every 5. Almost as if blizzard wanted to drag out the IE content since it now had item rewards to buy. On top of that the 3 characters I capped all got the useless residuum quest, and I got practically nothing from wins (I think what they did to fix afk farming may have screwed up drop rates) so I haven't done any since. I may now, given that dubloons are guaranteed (although I can see the actual quantity in a bag not being much - congratulations you get 1 dubloon.)
    Last edited by Jodmos; 2019-03-12 at 11:27 PM.