Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ...
31
39
40
41
  1. #801
    Finished I'm Here For The Pets last night after ~300 IEs...... still comfortably sitting on 0 mounts.

  2. #802
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Finished I'm Here For The Pets last night after ~300 IEs...... still comfortably sitting on 0 mounts.
    Done about 400 over the past 4 weeks and still need a couple of pets and a couple of the quest items. One of each relate to nerubians so was hoping to get those this week but no luck so far (I'd say about 30-35 islands with them this week). Will try more tonight before the EU reset.

    Wowhead has these up for this week.

    Jorundall with Vrykul
    Un'gol Ruins with Quilboars
    Verdant Wilds with Primal Druids

    Quillboar don't even have an entry on Wowhead for loot so this looks like a great week.
    Last edited by Jodmos; 2019-04-23 at 03:28 PM.

  3. #803
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    Done about 400 over the past 4 weeks and still need a couple of pets and a couple of the quest items. One of each relate to nerubians so was hoping to get those this week but no luck so far (I'd say about 30-35 islands with them this week). Will try more tonight before the EU reset.

    Wowhead has these up for this week.

    Jorundall with Vrykul
    Un'gol Ruins with Quilboars
    Verdant Wilds with Primal Druids

    Quillboar don't even have an entry on Wowhead for loot so this looks like a great week.
    Yep thats a crap week.

  4. #804
    Anyone knows if Feral Worgen can be "main" mobs on island, or are they only in Duskhaven and invasions?

  5. #805
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Anyone knows if Feral Worgen can be "main" mobs on island, or are they only in Duskhaven and invasions?
    Pretty sure you're right. Duskhaven and invasions only.

    Each mob group is only the main mob on one island. Some of the mob groups are only on ever there as main mob on an island (skittering hollow-nerubians) but most can show as invasion mobs as well.

  6. #806
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Finished I'm Here For The Pets last night after ~300 IEs...... still comfortably sitting on 0 mounts.
    That's why i stopped running it since the drop rate is far far worth by thousands grind of mythic and hope for a mount.. Why can't it just be put in vendor and cross it off if u managed got it from loot? That WOULD save... Never mind.... you know blizzard..

  7. #807
    I feel like its time to make suggestion-spam on offical forum to blizzard. 8.2 has 0 changes to this crap...
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO
    NZXT H440 - Asus Z97 A Mobo - Corsair RM 850 - Intel I5 4590 CPU - Evo TX3 Cooler Master - Asus 970 Strix - 250GB SSD 850 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD - Windows 10

  8. #808
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    I feel like its time to make suggestion-spam on offical forum to blizzard. 8.2 has 0 changes to this crap...
    Yeah its my main ongoing source of disappointment with BFA..... heaps of basically unobtainable collectables.

  9. #809
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Yeah its my main ongoing source of disappointment with BFA..... heaps of basically unobtainable collectables.
    I did a hole list of issues here https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...2#post51091912

    BFA for collectors are the most insane toxic exp ever - And thats saying something. Its so bad no other exp compares even closely. Makes vanilla wow grinds seems fine.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO
    NZXT H440 - Asus Z97 A Mobo - Corsair RM 850 - Intel I5 4590 CPU - Evo TX3 Cooler Master - Asus 970 Strix - 250GB SSD 850 Evo - Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD - Windows 10

  10. #810
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    I did a hole list of issues here https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...2#post51091912

    BFA for collectors are the most insane toxic exp ever - And thats saying something. Its so bad no other exp compares even closely. Makes vanilla wow grinds seems fine.
    They did say about adding the island expedition drops to vendors near the end of the expansion but I'm going to believe that when i see it (so people can get those last few things ;-) - I think they overestimate how easy it is to get things with all the RNG). I would have to estimate costs for things will be extortionate if they do.

  11. #811
    I knew mounts were unreasonable to chase after under the RNG model, but I'm surprised how annoying it is getting other things like toys or items-that-start-a-quest. The layers of RNG and repetition of certain mobs that offer basically nothing (like feral worgen or makrura) is just more disappointment. And Blizzard still doesn't address this crap, while they excitedly link that they're adding yet another island to the pool in 8.2.

    What a shit show BFA is even with modest goals that exclude mounts.

  12. #812
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvald View Post
    I knew mounts were unreasonable to chase after under the RNG model, but I'm surprised how annoying it is getting other things like toys or items-that-start-a-quest. The layers of RNG and repetition of certain mobs that offer basically nothing (like feral worgen or makrura) is just more disappointment. And Blizzard still doesn't address this crap, while they excitedly link that they're adding yet another island to the pool in 8.2.

    What a shit show BFA is even with modest goals that exclude mounts.
    Yeah there hasn't been a main island mob that can drop a mount in over a month. It's just beyond ridiculous at this point and only trending towards worse.

  13. #813
    I like this week because of the Makrura as I haven't the pet yet. Of course, didn't do me much good with Nerubians (the other pet I don't have) a couple of weeks ago and I only got the last quest item I needed from them late on the last day. I do my weekly quest and basically hope that they will add a vendor at the end of the expansion like they suggested they would. There's no point going overboard in the hope of getting a mount as the droprates are pathetic and there are too many things on the loot table adding more layers of RNG.

  14. #814
    Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    I like this week because of the Makrura as I haven't the pet yet.
    Pets are the only thing I think are reasonable, since they can be auctioned, and some are worth good money, though it's pretty RNG how much they go for. The real problem though is that with any RNG system, the further into a collection you get, the more your chance of running across something that can actually drop anything you're after shrinks.

    One of the things I really hate about RNG is that is actually takes something that SHOULD be a positive development feature (a wide variety of potential enemies) and turns it into a negative. The bigger the pool of mob varieties, the more punishing RNG will become as you work your way through the list of things you're trying to get, until finally you get to a point where you've got a 1/20 chance each week of getting a 1/3 chance per match of getting a 1/100 chance of a drop. The fractions just stack in terrible ways (most of which wouldn't be terrible if the system allowed all the rewards to be auctioned, because then you get the benefit of crowd-sourced RNG, which gets very different, like with pets).

    Like I said, I've left the mounts off my list of things I'm after, but man, seeing the islands rotate in certain mobs for what feels like the 4th or 5th time (I feel like I've seen feral worgen many times now) while I still haven't seen others that offer what I'm after once is just annoying. And all of this leaves me just scratching my head at whether the developers (like Muffinus) have absorbed any of the feedback on islands, because it sounds like 8.2 changes absolutely nothing other than adding in one new location, when 8.2 is supposed to be this massive patch they've been tailoring to respond to feedback in all sorts of other areas.

  15. #815
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvald View Post
    Pets are the only thing I think are reasonable, since they can be auctioned, and some are worth good money, though it's pretty RNG how much they go for. The real problem though is that with any RNG system, the further into a collection you get, the more your chance of running across something that can actually drop anything you're after shrinks.

    One of the things I really hate about RNG is that is actually takes something that SHOULD be a positive development feature (a wide variety of potential enemies) and turns it into a negative. The bigger the pool of mob varieties, the more punishing RNG will become as you work your way through the list of things you're trying to get, until finally you get to a point where you've got a 1/20 chance each week of getting a 1/3 chance per match of getting a 1/100 chance of a drop. The fractions just stack in terrible ways (most of which wouldn't be terrible if the system allowed all the rewards to be auctioned, because then you get the benefit of crowd-sourced RNG, which gets very different, like with pets).

    Like I said, I've left the mounts off my list of things I'm after, but man, seeing the islands rotate in certain mobs for what feels like the 4th or 5th time (I feel like I've seen feral worgen many times now) while I still haven't seen others that offer what I'm after once is just annoying. And all of this leaves me just scratching my head at whether the developers (like Muffinus) have absorbed any of the feedback on islands, because it sounds like 8.2 changes absolutely nothing other than adding in one new location, when 8.2 is supposed to be this massive patch they've been tailoring to respond to feedback in all sorts of other areas.
    Of course, once I have the pet (I like getting pets myself rather than buying - just feels better to me) I don't want Makrura again which is a problem with some mob types - limited loot lists.

    While the changes helped with one problem (differing goals of players) it removed the one and only piece of player agency in the loot system. ie what you killed affected drops.

    The current way is better because of the conflicting goals problem, BUT, it really needs a vendor offering all the drops for dubloons. That way luck plays a part in what you get but each island you do is actual progress towards a goal even if you don't get what you want, which in my opinion is a better way to keep players doing the content than straight out RNGfests. This also helps with the issues caused when they add new islands as the odds of getting things keeps getting smaller when the pool enlarges. The system reminds me of the old archaeology system. You had random digsites (on top of the random projects) and they kept appearing after you had everything from race. Before Blizzard screwed up my archaeology at start of WoD I was so close to getting everything but Night Elf was just so much more common than the Troll/Fossil/Tol'Vir I needed. boy I wished I could have blacklisted races.
    Last edited by Jodmos; 2019-05-08 at 12:25 AM.

  16. #816
    Got my first mount the other day.


    It's a recolor of the Valajar Cache mount, but damn does it have pretty colors!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •