Question regarding leveling...

I am leveling a Void Elf Brewmaster Monk (for the Heritage Armor unlock). I know you can't level boost a toon since that will make the Heritage Armor null and void. i am currently level 39 right now, and also using Heirloom Gear, and also have the Enlightenment constantly on for the 50% increase in experience with killing mobs/completing quests. Still seems to take a long time to level; especially up to 110. Any other suggestions in trying to level faster?

When I am leveling a tank or healer I just sit in stormwind and do random dungeons. Tank wait times are often less than 5 minutes, Healer often less than 10. I do the dailies and just get that random dungeon experience award over and over again. That plus heirlooms and rested xp and you can easily do 2 levels an hour or so until level 61. Then it goes down to 3 levels every 2 hours until you hit 91. Then, unless you have Draenor flying, it's really slow, a level every two hours. If you have flying then it's a level every hour or so by questing and queing. 100-110 is a level every one to two hours again, depending on whether you have flying. And then, finally, you can do tanking or healing again in random dungeons for the new content while questing in between. Easy enough to get a level every hour, hour and a half or so.

So, with that method, call it max level in 60-90 hours, depending.

ETA:

Also, since you are a monk with the bonus xp +50% every ten levels, try to time that with times you can play for an hour or two straight. Like, make sure when you hit 40 you do the dailies first, but don't turn them in. Go do your bonus xp quest, turn that in, then turn in your dailies plus any other completed quests on your list for that sweet 50% xp, then immediately que for dungeons - hopefully with some rested xp.

Also, buy that hats at the darkmoon faire, assuming it's still in the new expansion. 10% exp bonus is nice, especially once your heirlooms stop being worth it in the high 90s.
    Last edited by HawtFist; 2018-08-21 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HawtFist View Post
    When I am leveling a tank or healer I just sit in stormwind and do random dungeons. Tank wait times are often less than 5 minutes, Healer often less than 10. I do the dailies and just get that random dungeon experience award over and over again. That plus heirlooms and rested xp and you can easily do 2 levels an hour or so until level 61. Then it goes down to 3 levels every 2 hours until you hit 91. Then, unless you have Draenor flying, it's really slow, a level every two hours. If you have flying then it's a level every hour or so by questing and queing. 100-110 is a level every one to two hours again, depending on whether you have flying. And then, finally, you can do tanking or healing again in random dungeons for the new content while questing in between. Easy enough to get a level every hour, hour and a half or so.

So, with that method, call it max level in 60-90 hours, depending.

ETA:

Also, since you are a monk with the bonus xp +50% every ten levels, try to time that with times you can play for an hour or two straight. Like, make sure when you hit 40 you do the dailies first, but don't turn them in. Go do your bonus xp quest, turn that in, then turn in your dailies plus any other completed quests on your list for that sweet 50% xp, then immediately que for dungeons - hopefully with some rested xp.

Also, buy that hats at the darkmoon faire, assuming it's still in the new expansion. 10% exp bonus is nice, especially once your heirlooms stop being worth it in the high 90s.
    Great Thank you for this, it does help. I was not aware of the Dark moon Faire Top Hat that you can purchase, so I will have to look into getting that, especially for later levels.