Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Why did Zul want to serve G'huun?

It was just some weirdo worm in a rotting prison. Zul says something like "Blood is our path now, the path of G'huun". Was G'huun whispering to him like other Old Gods? But he was just some experiment by the Titans, not even a "real" Old God. Why did people want to follow G'huun? Zul wasn't an idiot. He was pretty smart. At least up to some point. He was a prophet. He would plan things through very thoroughly. Like he said, planning even for the future outcomes he did not foresee. We saw that when he espaced from Stormwind, setting fire to the city as they escaped. in anticipation of the confrontation with Jaina, so they could get away. We saw that in the first few quests in Zuldazar. And then he followed this worm? What was he thinking?

I mean, to be fair it's a really cool worm.

Don't think too hard about it because Blizzard almost definitely didn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you answered your own question, he was a "prophet" and he planned for everything. The everything had failed him up to this point and Rastakhan is still king. Much like Gul'dan alas he was but a pawn in a larger game and he saw the path of "blood" to be the last hope to restore the the Zandalari Empire.

Now I will admit its becoming a bit sad to see the underlying story lines being applied to multiple characters over the course of expansions but alas Blizzard is not Tolkien never was and never will be.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

You might also ask why Mythrax and the faceless ones were helping G'huun. As said he isn't even a true old god, and his plans to turn the world into a "bubbling cyst" would surely interfere with the real old gods' plans to void-corrupt Azeroth.

I don't know if the Horde quests explain why, but it looks as if the Sethrak and Sandfury trolls are also serving G'huun. And Azshara seems to be on board as well to some degree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    something something POWER something PROMISED something NOT THE FUTURE I SAW something.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    You might also ask why Mythrax and the faceless ones were helping G'huun. As said he isn't even a true old god, and his plans to turn the world into a "bubbling cyst" would surely interfere with the real old gods' plans to void-corrupt Azeroth.

I don't know if the Horde quests explain why, but it looks as if the Sethrak and Sandfury trolls are also serving G'huun. And Azshara seems to be on board as well to some degree.
    The journal says G'huun is Mythrax's master, so presumably it's some sort of blood C'thrax.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Believing that a powerful being can and will grant you some of that power has always been a staple in Warcraft storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Don't think too hard about it because Blizzard almost definitely didn't.
    Yeah, it's not like they have writers that have worked on the expansion for several years or anything.
    Definition of irony:

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post

Not all of the Sethrak only a faction of them another faction helps the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Naked Snake View Post
    It was just some weirdo worm in a rotting prison. Zul says something like "Blood is our path now, the path of G'huun". Was G'huun whispering to him like other Old Gods? But he was just some experiment by the Titans, not even a "real" Old God. Why did people want to follow G'huun? Zul wasn't an idiot. He was pretty smart. At least up to some point. He was a prophet. He would plan things through very thoroughly. Like he said, planning even for the future outcomes he did not foresee. We saw that when he espaced from Stormwind, setting fire to the city as they escaped. in anticipation of the confrontation with Jaina, so they could get away. We saw that in the first few quests in Zuldazar. And then he followed this worm? What was he thinking?
    Why do people want to serve any world ending monster?
    some people just want to see the world burn and people die

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe Ghuun promised to do what Rastakhan wouldn't, save the Zandalari from the ocean. Old Gods are really good at finding people who are desperate and looking to make deals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiposs View Post
    Yeah, it's not like they have writers that have worked on the expansion for several years or anything.
    not sure u are sarcastic or serious, if u serious, the 'morally grey' genocide against civilians innocent women and children and burning their tree since she didn't have an comeback comment says hi
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    G’huun showed him a bit of ankle and promised him a night he wouldn’t forget.

Cause ga-hoon gonna eatcha. Not sure anyone has another reason beyond that.

The giant pustule-covered worm was backup plan #4 or 5. For a prophet he doesn't have a very good track record of success.

The zul fight was probably the most underwhelming thing in Uldir and so is his motivation tbh. The guy known for premonition has a trash-adds fight .. /yawn

Well, he is the prophet, so if Blizzard writers are as good a one as I am, I would say that he did all this knowing the outcome would be what it has been. He would see Rastakhan removed and the Zandalari join the Horde, ensuring the trolls as a race would survive. If you notice, when doing quests many of his own servants say "Dis is not what Zul promised me" or "Zul did not say it would end like dis." I think he has ensured everything worked out this way, including leading the most foolish, gullible trolls to Pandaria to be slaughtered. He knew all along what he was doing and in reality- he played G'huun. At least, that's how I would write it. A troll trolling.
    Zandalari are now the right height! https://i.imgur.com/4Tgu3K0.jpg Thank you to everyone that helped make this happen! https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9447661?page=1

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    not sure u are sarcastic or serious, if u serious, the 'morally grey' genocide against civilians innocent women and children and burning their tree since she didn't have an comeback comment says hi
    since almost the entire population of Teldrasil survived, its not a Genocide. Genocide is what happens when your race is wiped out (or nearly so). Night elves also have sizable portions of their population living in other places, too, so it wasn't even close to an attempted Genocide.

Atrocity? Sure, ill grant you that. But not a genocide.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was just some weirdo worm in a rotting prison. Zul says something like "Blood is our path now, the path of G'huun". Was G'huun whispering to him like other Old Gods? But he was just some experiment by the Titans, not even a "real" Old God. Why did people want to follow G'huun?
    Him not being a "real" old god doesn't mean he wasn't incredibly powerful... He single handedly corrupted the entire facility and watchers made specifically to contain and research him, he wasn't some pushover.

Zul wasn't an idiot. He was pretty smart.
    He was also a power hungry warmonger. G'huun offered him great power (and delivered), it just wasn't enough to stop the us.

And then he followed this worm? What was he thinking?
    What do you mean "and then"? He was following "this worm" since long before we met him in Stormwind.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2018-10-12 at 05:52 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Anax View Post
    Well, he is the prophet, so if Blizzard writers are as good a one as I am, I would say that he did all this knowing the outcome would be what it has been.
    As we learned from dealing with prophet Velen those vision are a possible future out of many and they often don't give important details. Hence why even though Velen saw his son's death he didn't know when or where.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    since almost the entire population of Teldrasil survived, its not a Genocide. Genocide is what happens when your race is wiped out (or nearly so). Night elves also have sizable portions of their population living in other places, too, so it wasn't even close to an attempted Genocide.

Atrocity? Sure, ill grant you that. But not a genocide.
    Your definition of genocide is wrong. It means killing people because they belong to a certain (usually ethnic) group and you meet an undefined numbers count, the UN definition is even more vague. What you describe is extinction. A short fact check: Jewes were never close to being wiped out (glöbally), yet it's still considered genocide.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2018-10-12 at 06:01 AM.