Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Ya the God Programs are really interesting, would love to see more of them.

Pharah's team trapped Anubis when he broke his containment. I'm pretty sure Athena is a God Program. Part of Overwatch's mandate was to contain and guard them, Athena is an AI in an evacuated Overwatch facility in Gibraltar. Given she's an AI that bears the name of a God - and she's clearly got access to the internet, and was the target of Reaper's assault on Gibraltar.

Sombra is investigating an Eye that is seemingly manipulating many massive organizations all over the world - I suspect that is Iris - also the name of a god ("Messenger of the Gods").

Iris is possibly Athena's mask to influence the outside world without drawing attention back to herself, but Iris is also a Greek god the same as Athena, which could be a hint. Iris is also a focal point for Zenyatta/Mondatta's religious perspective - through lines "We are all one within the Iris", etc.

If you combine the Iris eye logo with the Athena pyramid logo you get the whole pyramid-eye-illuminati logo: which aligns with Sombra's conspiracy theory/research.

There are likely other God programs out there we haven't met yet.

I suspect we have a Wintermute/Neuromancer situation on our hands, where the God Programs are ultimately attempting to merge, but there are systems in place to prevent them or hinder them. Athena seems to be loose, it's possible she helped break Anubis out, since he likely couldn't do so without help - unsure if she got what she wanted/needed from that break out, or if Pharah actually thwarted her.

I suspect we have another God Program or two operating in Nepal/China/Russia area. Something is likely controlling the omnics still attacking Russia. Nepal seems to have some significance, particularly to the Omnics that follow Iris (Athena?). Something is controlling the Omnics attacking South Korea regularly.

Not sure the significance of Hanzo/Genji being dragon spirits, if that's possibly indicative of some 'divine' connection to the God Programs, potentially in Japan, or just pure coincidence and I'm reaching now. Potentially this might indicate Ryujin though, a Japanese dragon-god-spirit, who represents the power of the ocean.

This would align with the Shooting Star cinematic, where Busan was attacked from the sea - Busan faces Japan by sea, not China, suggesting Japanese omnics rather than Chinese (plus they have tentacles, so clearly Japanese Kyushin Omnics). Busan is also an important point in Japanese-Korean military history - it's usually the first place Japan attacks/conquers whenever they attack Korea. So an attack by sea on Busan could describe the Shooting Star video, or any Japanese invasion ever, and the Japanese Kami of the sea is a Dragon.

The Shimada Clan is also an interesting group. Why exactly Hanzo and Genji are feuding is unclear (apart from the murder attempt, but it feels deeper than that), but they are ~likely billionaires, a crime family, (also supported by Hanzo's Mogul outfit). They have perfectly preserved their families ancestral castle in the middle of prime downtown real estate - which is pretty extravagant. So even though Genji apparently murdered them all, the castle still stands - something is paying the exorbitant rent still.

Regarding the possibility of a Chinese God Program, the Russians clearly fought (and still skirmishing with) a brutal protracted war against an Omnic invasion, notably that invasion seems to have come by land from the interior - likely Mongolia/China/Kazakhstan - as that's where Zarya's village borders. So that to me suggests there must be a Chinese God Program. While I think Iris is in Nepal, it doesn't seem to be Irises MO to just maul her way through Russia - so likely a different God Program we haven't heard of yet. Possibly also connected to the attacks Germany was facing - maybe a sort of Genghis Khan invasion route through Russia and Eastern Europe.

So ya, my guess is we have at the very least for God Programs:

- Anubis in Cairo
    - Athena in Gibraltar
    - Iris (also Athena?) in Nepal
    - Ryujin (?) in Japan, maybe under Hanamura Castle
    - Probably something in China area
    - maybe more
    Vishkar probably have something, and their goals to "redevelop" Rio could be related to expanding its influence. Strange that there's nothing currently in the Americas really Omnic related.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Vishkar probably have something, and their goals to "redevelop" Rio could be related to expanding its influence. Strange that there's nothing currently in the Americas really Omnic related.
    Ya I'd like to see more about Vishkar definitely - maybe, bit of a reach - but a reference to Vishnu (maybe the most important Indian god)?

America is weird in the Overwatch world too yea, we really haven't seen much of importance yet. Maybe we'll get a sweet Raven God Program

I don't know how they feel about cultural combination, but you could probably call the Raven "Loki", despite that generally being a Scandinavian name, since it's essentially the same personality, plus all the native communities have different names for Raven (though he's the one god who is consistent to pretty much every tribe across the continent, and has a pretty consistent personality).

Calling him Loki feels a little weird, but everyone already knows who Loki is - whereas if we called him the Haida or Sioux name or something - every other tribe would be left out, and nobody else (globally) would recognize the name: whereas Loki has global name recognition comparable to Anubis, Athena, etc.

Or we could just call it Raven, that... that's probably better.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

10+ Year Old Account
    It’d clearly be Quetzalcoatl.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Ya I'd like to see more about Vishkar definitely - maybe, bit of a reach - but a reference to Vishnu (maybe the most important Indian god)?

America is weird in the Overwatch world too yea, we really haven't seen much of importance yet. Maybe we'll get a sweet Raven God Program

I don't know how they feel about cultural combination, but you could probably call the Raven "Loki", despite that generally being a Scandinavian name, since it's essentially the same personality, plus all the native communities have different names for Raven (though he's the one god who is consistent to pretty much every tribe across the continent, and has a pretty consistent personality).

Calling him Loki feels a little weird, but everyone already knows who Loki is - whereas if we called him the Haida or Sioux name or something - every other tribe would be left out, and nobody else (globally) would recognize the name: whereas Loki has global name recognition comparable to Anubis, Athena, etc.

Or we could just call it Raven, that... that's probably better.
    Fun fact but Vishkar can be split into Vish and kar, which from what I hear is hindi for poison and tax respectively