Soul Link for all specs is the answer?

As the title says, wouldn't it solve all this talk about lock specs feeling squishy ( affliction mainly) if SL would just be given out baseline? the spell was being used by affliction long before the legion changes, isn't it time the warlock image of weak/squishy class is fixed?

The theme for demo is summoner not tank, I don't think it's fair to keep it as demo only ( even if the spell originated from the tree ), wasn't our class fantasy defined by durability ? all specs should share that fantasy not just 1 imo.

Thoughts?( this is mainly a pvp oriented thread- wpvp/bg/arenas etc).

I agree.
    If I remember correctly, our fantasy in legion was supposed to be tankier caster.
    My name is what makes me so manly.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    As the title says, wouldn't it solve all this talk about lock specs feeling squishy ( affliction mainly) if SL would just be given out baseline? the spell was being used by affliction long before the legion changes, isn't it time the warlock image of weak/squishy class is fixed?

The theme for demo is summoner not tank, I don't think it's fair to keep it as demo only ( even if the spell originated from the tree ), wasn't our class fantasy defined by durability ? all specs should share that fantasy not just 1 imo.

Thoughts?( this is mainly a pvp oriented thread- wpvp/bg/arenas etc).
    SL could be an answer yeah, I think a ~15% soullink would go a long way toward helping lock survivability in PVP, which is in the gutter right now. Besides that I think it might be good to look at the PVP talents. Between Nether Ward, Curse of Tongues and the standard Fel Hunter we have fairly effective tools at countering magic damage. The same isn't true for our anti melee tools. We lack a short CD melee damage reduction ability similar to Nether Ward, and Curse of Weakness is nowhere near as effective as Curse of Tongues is. Tongues doesn't just lower dps, it also increases opportunity for interrupts on major casts and helps stop CC chains.

One thing that I think should happen is having Weakness reduce attackpower rather than physical damage, so it affects melee more in a general way. Furthermore its cooldown should also be removed entirely and its mana cost increased so we can put it on two melee during their bursts but run out of mana if we spam it. Different from passives like moonkin "Ironfeather Armor", which increases Armor and reduces the chance to be crit by melee attacks, Curse of Weakness due to its cooldown doesn't scale with the number of opponents, without a cooldown it would do a little better in that department.

Alternatively we could maybe get rid of crappy Casting Circle and instead get a proper anti melee defensive as a PVP talent on a short cooldown similar to how nether ward functions against casters. I've always felt like being purely "passively tanky" isn't very fun gameplay for either Lock or their opponent, so having something you could time to pre-empt melee bursts fairly frequently might make us tanky in a more interesting way. For example popping it just before a kidney would be good use, but a perceptive rogue could notice it and delay their burst. That way there's counterplay, rather than the simple mathematical equation of passive damage reduction. I'm talking about something like a 15% melee damage reduction that lasts for 6 seconds on a 45 second cooldown. I'm sure devs could come up with something warlocky to make it more interesting.

Drain Life of course also is a form of tankyness with a counter, but right now its frankly just far too weak to be effective. Increasing the effect and manacost could again be good to make it more useful but not spammable, though I don't think it'll ever really be effective against double melee trains in the current environment.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's required to make locks viable in pvp. I don't know why only demo has it when nobody plays that useless spec.

soul link is not the answer, because then if they run grimsac then soul link is useless, it most likley would be best to put a slight heal on corruption and give drain life more on destro or something of the such.

or just return the 5% leech buff warlocks gave in beta.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    soul link is not the answer, because then if they run grimsac then soul link is useless, it most likley would be best to put a slight heal on corruption and give drain life more on destro or something of the such.

or just return the 5% leech buff warlocks gave in beta.
    Could just add a flat % hp increase if you sac pet like it used to function.