Thread: Scaling

Scaling

So i guess level 115 twinks with legendary's is going to be a thing? I am thinking of just keeping my Vengence DH at 115 and decking him out and going around "World PvPing" level 120's and smashing them.

What a super cool game Blizzard has turned WOW into... The fact that they think they need to protect low levels by making them in a way stronger than max levels is absolutely disgusting. World PVP has always been about getting ganked by more people than you have and it will always be that way. The only difference now is you don't have a chance to 1v2 or 1v3 people anymore.

Back in the day if you had more gear than someone you could take on several people at once, why? because you earned that right by playing more or farming more or being in a better guild that killed more boss's etc... Now a fresh level 114 can easily kill a level 120. All this care bear junk trying to put everyone on an even playing ground is just not fun and honestly so far BFA is feeling bad.

The game doesn't reward people anymore like it used to and its getting dull. That's just my opinion though and i know a bunch of casuals will come in here screaming and crying about how good it is or how much they love it because there are fan boys everywhere.

It's just a bad system and scaling needs to go altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by kevincuomo View Post
    So i guess level 115 twinks with legendary's is going to be a thing? I am thinking of just keeping my Vengence DH at 115 and decking him out and going around "World PvPing" level 120's and smashing them.

What a super cool game Blizzard has turned WOW into... The fact that they think they need to protect low levels by making them in a way stronger than max levels is absolutely disgusting. World PVP has always been about getting ganked by more people than you have and it will always be that way. The only difference now is you don't have a chance to 1v2 or 1v3 people anymore.

Back in the day if you had more gear than someone you could take on several people at once, why? because you earned that right by playing more or farming more or being in a better guild that killed more boss's etc... Now a fresh level 114 can easily kill a level 120. All this care bear junk trying to put everyone on an even playing ground is just not fun and honestly so far BFA is feeling bad.

The game doesn't reward people anymore like it used to and its getting dull. That's just my opinion though and i know a bunch of casuals will come in here screaming and crying about how good it is or how much they love it because there are fan boys everywhere.

Im not sure if this is a troll thread or not but I'll bite.
    So game is not fun because you can't no-life 24/7 and then run around 1-shotting people and make yourself feel better? My condolences.

PS. Im here with close to 10,000 hours in WoW and over 6,500 hours and counting in another MMO which fully employs scaling. Gear normalization in a competetive environment is the best thing that can happen. You posted your opinion, I posted mine.

Quote Originally Posted by kevincuomo View Post

Good post.

Let me add that without gear progression it invalidates the entire point of BFA. This is because BFA doesn't add new talent tiers or even new baseline skills to classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Awe View Post
    So game is not fun because you can't no-life 24/7 and then run around 1-shotting people and make yourself feel better? My condolences.

PS. Im here with close to 10,000 hours in WoW and over 6,500 hours and counting in another MMO which fully employs scaling. Gear normalization in a competetive environment is the best thing that can happen. You posted your opinion, I posted mine.
    For such normalization they need to fully rework combat system, without skill based projectiles it is useless to make gear normalization since nobody will stick to it.
    If you are using 15 years old RNG tab targeting system you need to have something on top of it and always it was good RPG progression in terms of gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Awe View Post

That's assuming classes are balanced. Nothing as fun as being rekt by any class with healing spells as a mage. They can even be DPS specced. Enh Shaman will just keep chasing you spamming Rockbiter and their heal, and you can't do shit about it, but jump like an idiot casting ice lances... You can't even immobilize them, 'cos fucking Spirit Wolf Form, and well... it breaks. Don't even get me started on Disci Priests or full healing specs...