Page 32 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    As Destruction, I am disappointed with my mechanics most of all. The mechanics flow into the dps suffering with movement throughout fights.

The main issue with dps to me is Grimoire of Supremacy is too powerful in its current state and the other spells suffer in damage from it. GoSup needs about half of its power transferred to other spells in an equal transition and then a small bump in damage.

For me, I see really good numbers during GoSup where I am competitive and then outside of it my damage starts to drop until my Infernal is off cooldown and then it goes back up some. I feel like a rollercoaster of dps.

8.1 Predictions:

- No blue post about Demonology, the worst dps of the game. Of course the habitual spoiled ones will get theirs. Shamans and Prot Warriors have theirs actually. Soon Hunters, Fire Mages and Shadow Priest will get their own.

- Heavy nerfs to Affliction single target, erasing the spec from everywhere.

- Nothing to Demonology, or may be a 5% buff, remaining as an unplayable spec for all the expansion.

- Nothing to Destro.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    8.1 Predictions:

- No blue post about Demonology, the worst dps of the game. Of course the habitual spoiled ones will get theirs. Shamans and Prot Warriors have theirs actually. Soon Hunters, Fire Mages and Shadow Priest will get their own.

- Nothing to Demonology, or may be a 5% buff, remaining as an unplayable spec for all the expansion.

- Nothing to Destro.

I love prediction posts. Always fun. OK here's mine. Not what I want, just what I predict:

At least one shaman spec (prob elemental) over-buffed into divine status
    At least one mage spec will be over-buffed to top tier status.
    Rogue will continue to have at least 2 viable specs

Demo will get another buff and I predict a change to ONE spell mechanic to try and compensate for their target swaps/ramp up and so on.
    Destro will get another buff (and be the go to spec instead of AFF)
    Affliction will be shit on but will be compensated by a buff to their survivability. And blizz will make some comment about affliction reigning too long at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    8.1 Predictions:

- Nothing to Destro.
    Note that we’re planning another round of balance updates for the near future after this round, which will include changes for other specs (including Warlock and Death Knight).

my predictions :

-very little buff to demo
    -verry little buff to destro and nerf to supremacy/azerite trait chaos bolt
    -nerf to affliction single target damage and nerf to inevitable demise PVP
    -very very little buff to survivability (maybe 20% soul leech)
    Last edited by Xanatas; 2018-09-21 at 11:33 PM.

Why are there Artifact Traits in the 8.1 patch notes?

Quote Originally Posted by Xanatas View Post
    Note that we’re planning another round of balance updates for the near future after this round, which will include changes for other specs (including Warlock and Death Knight).

my predictions :

-very little buff to demo
    -verry little buff to destro and nerf to supremacy/azerite trait chaos bolt
    -nerf to affliction single target damage and nerf to inevitable demise PVP
    -very very little buff to survivability (maybe 20% soul leech)
    Yeah, for PVP. And they will be nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Schirmy View Post
    Why are there Artifact Traits in the 8.1 patch notes?
    Those aren't patch notes. Datamining be funky sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Talimar View Post
    Those aren't patch notes. Datamining be funky sometimes.
    Datamining, whatever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Demo will have another 5% buff. That will make it competitive with other ranged. Ranged as a whole are mediocre now, aside from Aff and BM.

Even mages are bad?

This... this can not be!! <<<< Read it in Dracula's voice.
    Thanks for the heads up!

Since the WorldFirstRace is over and everybody knows about the 4/20 Warlock fixed raid spots for the last 2 bosses this raid tier I am really curious what blizzard will do with warlock class balancing.

This is not just the LEGION-soak-shittshow you could outgear/you could use multiple classes for it - this is "BRING 4 WARLOCKS NOW and BRING 4 WARLOCKS in 6 MONTHS".
    I can't even imagine a worse scenario than the current raid tier for class balancing.

A non-replaceable utility class for the whole raid tier.
    A non-replaceable utility RANGE class in another melee-unfriendly raid tier.

The raid compositions are allready shifting to more warlock spots, what would happen if one or multiple warlocks specs get an even higher tuning?

@Ange Those are utility issues based on fight design, I don't see it affecting balance.

I'm really just wanting to know if the state of locks and the aff "problem" are going to be a thing for an entire 2nd xpac, because if so I'm ready to jump ship. I can't stand aff's design.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Worst part is that it's not like any other casters are actually enjoyable at the moment; mages are the least aggravating, but most casters more or less don't feel great to play right now.

Deleted
    I'm playing destro in m+ and affy in raids destro has and always will be what I enjoy I only play affy when I feel there's no choice which is again this tier. I don't mind this version of affy too much but the aoe part is an absolute joke.

Balance across the board feels really bad and the game feels rushed and unfinished to go with it. It's like they have just threw it out then they will try to fix things in major patches as they go along. Having 1 small balancing pass after 1 weeks raiding then now not touching thing's is irritating. I'm now thinking what I thought all along will happen as they repeat the pattern every expansion is 1 tuning patch then wait 3 or 4 months until the next patch to make further changes.

They are doing tons of azerite changes when the games basic balance should be getting that attention 1st

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    Worst part is that it's not like any other casters are actually enjoyable at the moment; mages are the least aggravating, but most casters more or less don't feel great to play right now.
    welcome to the world of auto-attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulreaper9 View Post
    I'm playing destro in m+ and affy in raids destro has and always will be what I enjoy I only play affy when I feel there's no choice which is again this tier. I don't mind this version of affy too much but the aoe part is an absolute joke.

Balance across the board feels really bad and the game feels rushed and unfinished to go with it. It's like they have just threw it out then they will try to fix things in major patches as they go along. Having 1 small balancing pass after 1 weeks raiding then now not touching thing's is irritating. I'm now thinking what I thought all along will happen as they repeat the pattern every expansion is 1 tuning patch then wait 3 or 4 months until the next patch to make further changes.

They are doing tons of azerite changes when the games basic balance should be getting that attention 1st
    Are you in a mythic guild? Just curious, otherwise honestly just play what you enjoy. I have yet to even enable my Affliction talents (I actually have Demo unlocked but main Destruction) and am going to see how long I can go. Play what you love, I think a lot of us people are forgetting this is a game but you also should enjoy the time you put in. Does destruction require 3 x the work as some other classes to execute a perfect rotation / work with the infernal cd and such? Ya, of course, but I make it work and and constantly competing competing with my Affliction lock guildy - he wins some, and I win some. Destruction has a nice ebb and flow to it depending on the fights. I know Heroic MOTHER is a bad example but parsing orange in heroic for me made me pretty happy knowing not a lot of Destruction locks are currently playing and being among the better ones is always a nice feeling. Again, all of what I said is just about invalid if you are bleeding edge content or whatever, I suppose. I've never had the opportunity to do that and see how Destruction can play against Affliction in the higher end game.

As far as M+ - Destruction is great with the right traits. I am LOVING Blood Rite (I've kept it up whole boss fights because of adds) and it makes the rotation a lot smoother and more fun for me. I am strictly Destruction and will see how long I can ride this out, if they do some tuning I will be stoked but do not expect much. Locks have had it rough at the start of expansions and we tend to even out so we will see. I hope Demo gets some love too.

Deleted
    PvP section .... "pvp tunes coming to dk and lock" ppl talk about pve changes OMEGALUL

Deleted
    A lot speak about strengths and weaknesses but I'm looking at bm hunters and struggling to see a weakness at all. Great utility...Great mobility... Great st...Great burst....Great cleave... Great aoe. If you want to main a bm hunter there's no place where you are weak unlike lock specs

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    @Ange Those are utility issues based on fight design, I don't see it affecting balance.

I'm really just wanting to know if the state of locks and the aff "problem" are going to be a thing for an entire 2nd xpac, because if so I'm ready to jump ship. I can't stand aff's design.
    I am almost to the same position. I have my Hunter leveled and gearing it up as BM. I love Destruction but atm it feels even more clunky than the beginning of last expansion due to long cast times and constant movement with long cooldowns.

I am also leveling my Druid then my Warrior, Rogue or Monk. I don’t have a DH leveled but they appear to be done well this expansion from what I have seen in game. I haven’t looked at logs or anything. I want to have fun and contribute and as Destruction I am not having a lot of fun right now.

Mobility is a topic that absolutely needs to be addressed. We're at the point where the class has to be significantly overtuned in standstill DPS to even compensate for the total lack of mobility it has.