Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    Well, this thread DID say spoilers... so, here you go.

In the final scenario where you free Jaina, there is a cinematic you see where she hallmarks what she considers her "failures". Turning her back on Arthas is one of those moments. And he has a new model with updated armor.
    Do we have youtube video for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Isn't the new Lich King's daughter now in the game? I wouldn't say Arthas is returning, but Bolvar! Gief new scourge expansion. Or old gods. Fuck horde and alliance and pvp shit.
    This IS an Old Gods expansion.

Old Gods are corrupting people in Kul'Tiras

There's an "artificial" Old Gold as the end boss of the first Raid

Old Gods were corrupting people in Zandalar (desert zone is all about releasing a Cthraxx)

Azshara is invading both sets of islands with Naga, and is confirmed to be a raid boss in a future raid.

We're in an Ocean-based expansion, and there is no way this expansion ends without us confronting N'zoth (maybe not fighting him - that could lead into the next expansion, perhaps), and without it being revealed that this whole war is because Old Gods Did It.

Someone on some side or the other corrupted by Old Gods blah blah blah... (though.. cant be Syvlannas, as Scourge/Forsaken are immune to the (unwilling) corruption of the Old Gods; theyd have to choose to sign on)

Old Gods Did It is the biggest trope in the entire game. EVERYTHING in Warcraft is because Old Gods Did It. Well, i guess we can retcon that to "The Void Lords Did It" now that we know that the Old Gods aren't the top-dogs in the Void command chain. But its literally ALL because The Void Lords Did It.

Void Lords caused Sargeras to go all Burning-Crusadey.
    Void Lords caused all the bad things that have ever happened to Azeroth, basically. Responsible for Deathwing (and therefore, Cataclysm), Azshara, the Sundering (by corrupting Azshara). You name it. Sha? Old Gods Did It. Garrosh? Old Gods Did It. First, Second, and Third wars? Old Gods Did It (by proxy - as their mere existence caused the creation of the Burning Legion and everything that fell out from that).

Arthas is dead. please keep it that way... I'm fine with Bolvar but PLEASE keep arthas dead so his character isn't just ruined. He's done. His arc is over. Some characters should just be dead if they had a satisfying end.

I think the Rastakhan quote to Talanji is reaching, but otherwise you may have a case. The most prominent hint besides the model update is Uther's tomb. It's incredibly detailed and carefully constructed, but no one knows yet what it'll be used for.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

It does seem like a pretty big waste for them to make that updated Arthas model for what would just be 5 seconds of screen time.

I think we may see Arthas more in some flashback scenes and as much as I love his character it would be a shame if they will bring him back.He had a good story, ressuretions ruin 99 % of stories so I reallly doubt we will actually see him.

Deleted
    All of this is completely circumstantial with absolutely no substance. We should all bookmark this thread though so by the end of BFA when Arthas never appears, we can all come back and say “Told you so” for the lols

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    References all over BfA
    -Sylvanas burning Teldrassil in regret and pain of losing her own kingdom she’d make sure the Alliance would suffer her own fate.
    -Anduin walking through Lordaeron and opening the doors
    -Sylvanas sits on the throne imitating Terenas while Anduin still imitates Arthas
    -Jaina regrets his death and thinks she could’ve stopped it and he’d be alive
    -Rastakhan quotes Arthas to Talanji: “Do not worry my daughter, I have taken care of everything.”
    Arthas to Terenas: “You no longer have to bear the weight of a crown, I have taken care of everything.”
    -Death is referenced all over the game and as the prime enemy of the Void and life.

Most important:
    His model has been updated to standards. They have said they only update models when a character will be used frequently in the story.
    Ghuuns blood can resurrect the dead and make them look the same as if they never died
    Oo its you again.. this is like your north lordearon idea which neber happend. Arthas wont return kiddo.. you have any idea how much you would ruin arthas?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by H1gh Contra5t View Post
    All of this is completely circumstantial with absolutely no substance. We should all bookmark this thread though so by the end of BFA when Arthas never appears, we can all come back and say “Told you so” for the lols
    Would almost do that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    I think the Rastakhan quote to Talanji is reaching, but otherwise you may have a case. The most prominent hint besides the model update is Uther's tomb. It's incredibly detailed and carefully constructed, but no one knows yet what it'll be used for.
    Carefully structured? Lol its called updated to 2018.
    Yea prob some frashback or cameo but thats likely it. People are looking to much into this.

At the end of BFA Arthas will open portal from "WoW Hell" and drag Sylvanas in it. So Arthas will correct his main mistake (making Sylvanas).

You read it first there.

This thread again?

1. It would be damn foolish from Blizzard to bring him back. His story was done and it was the best one they have ever written. And I am not even saying that the story of Arthas is a great one. But in Blizzard games/lore it is the best story. That said, I would not mind it perse if he came back as a good guy. But that is just my fanboyism speaking of Arthas. He is the only reason that I ever bought World of Warcraft (having played the strategy games). I played WoW to kill Arthas and lay him to rest or to redeem him. I really liked the character and hated what he had to become due to Frostmourne. Which is very strange honestly. Arthas as a regular human paladin does not survive for long until the events from Stratholme and onwards. So ingame we've not seen him as his normal self much. Still I was taken by this guy.

2. The backlash that the fans of WoW would provide Blizzard.... if they brought him back would be huge I think. Like I said: The story is done. Don't fuck that up. The one story that was not fucked up, that we all agree with was a solid end (even though I thought the cinematic was terrible and did not do any justice to Arthas - one fucking line....). So stop there.

3. all the "evidence" thus far has not really been convincing. It is just a coincidence. And obviously an homage to WC III in certain ways like Anduin opening the doors etc. You could also say: History is repeating itself. But to state that Blizzard is going to bring back Arthas?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hell Yeah View Post
    At the end of BFA Arthas will open portal from "WoW Hell" and drag Sylvanas in it. So Arthas will correct his main mistake (making Sylvanas).

You read it first there.
    Actually that... that would be awesome

Are we talking about the model from the Jaina cinematic? That's no valid argument, in that case. The cinematic models are completely removed from the in-game ones. Two different things.

Varian's model was updated for the Broken Shore cinematics. Then he died. So.

I can see him being the main Alliance npc/quest-giver (and Vol'jin his Horde counterpart) in a Shadowlands/Afterlife-based future expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Bwonsamdi can bring Rastakhan back, he virtually can do it with any character. Perhaps with Arthas as well. My speculation is that it will be him who is gonna bring Arthas back. Perhaps a pre-corrupted Arthas. Question is - why and what he's gonna do

Why Arthas won't return by the end of BfA (notspoilers)

Because his story is completed.

Ghuuns blood can resurrect the dead and make them look the same as if they never died
    What is the source for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Hell Yeah View Post

You read it first there.
    Only problem is that Arthas is there as a little boy

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    What is the source for this?
    lol'd

Same for this:

Most important:
    His model has been updated to standards. They have said they only update models when a character will be used frequently in the story.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) this isn't spoiler, spoiler is for inaccessible content like ptr or pre-release books, if i type now about stuff in before the storm it won't be spoiler, same if i type about something that happens in only end-game content, yeah there are lot of ppl who don't raid but they can raid (if they want) and see the content right now, so don't stick 'spoiler tag' to anything
    this is speculation thread
    2) i don't want them to rez another dead character, again, blizz turned death to a comic-book lvl of joke now, really making any 'sacrifice' useless since anyone who died can be rezzed again and/or replaced with an AU crap, however, i won't be surprised if they rez their most famous villain (if not most famous ever) character again to try milk some cash from us, they have zero shame or morals with garrosh 2.0 already
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by vipers View Post
    Only problem is that Arthas is there as a little boy
    How many years have past since WoTLK? Hes a big boy again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Didn't one of those "leaks" a while back mention Arthas was making a return in an odd fashion?

I seem to recall it mentioning that he was basically going to be Anduins spirit guide when he gets trapped in the shadowlands.
    TEA IS DOWN!

Sylvanas is what you get when you cross Joffrey Baratheon with a mary sue. Change my mind. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯