Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Always great to see a talented individual getting recognized and hired to do what they love.
    Yeah true

- - - Updated - - -

Also a new The Exodite trailer, the guy on astartes is now working on this projekt too and games workshop is behind it.

Also looks like Games Workshop picked up the guys behind this project too.

This also started as a fan project by another team called lost legion, so very interesting times.

Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2021-03-10 at 05:59 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

I am astounded GW of all people did the anti nintendo move. I guess now we wait for the retributor supplement in white dwarf.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Also a new The Exodite trailer, the guy on astartes is now working on this projekt too and games workshop is behind it.

Also looks like Games Workshop picked up the guys behind this project too.

This also started as a fan project by another team called lost legion, so very interesting times.

/snip
    Oh, wasn't aware of this. The TAU don't get much coverage in this grim universe... probably one of the more appealing races, despite what they do...

I'm super confused, Games Workshop is actually supporting and hiring fan creators now? Aren't they supposed to be suing them?

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    I'm super confused, Games Workshop is actually supporting and hiring fan creators now? Aren't they supposed to be suing them?
    GW aren't quite as evil as they used to be - there has been a bit of a shift from the complete dickishness they used to display after a change over at the top. They are probably now more neutral-evil than lawful-evil.

Amazing public relations move? If so it's pretty ballsy.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I am astounded GW of all people did the anti nintendo move. I guess now we wait for the retributor supplement in white dwarf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    GW aren't quite as evil as they used to be - there has been a bit of a shift from the complete dickishness they used to display after a change over at the top. They are probably now more neutral-evil than lawful-evil.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Amazing public relations move? If so it's pretty ballsy.
    Games Workshop have hired a few new PR gusy recently. Also, the dickishness and suing usually occurred when someone tried to make money of their products. The new company direction has a little more leeway in that regard. The advent of home-owned 3D printers also has them a little worried. Company policy now is 'Does it lose us money?' if the answer is 'no', they let fanprojects just do their thing. 'Are they good?' If the answer is yes, they try to engage them.

I think GW finally realized that proper licensing of their IP could make them a ton of cash.

GW had to change the music of the original videos cuz of copyright stuff, I understand why though as 2 tracks where from the sicario and dredd movies. Not quite the same but I understand why they had to do it.

Original videos have also been removed from astartes youtube channel, GW said they will make a animation channel to collect all of these kind of projects though.

Don't think astartes care as he just landed his dream job and I think he understands why they need to do that.

And yeah looks like the retributors are now a canon chapter and a imperial fist successor chapter.

And a pc gamer and wargaming article covering it abit too

https://www.pcgamer.com/games-worksh...hammer-shorts/

https://www.wargamer.com/warhammer-4...ator-hired?amp
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2021-03-11 at 12:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was very well made. The only thing I didn't like was the shuttle flight scene, felt a little plastic but else it all was great. And super of the team to offer a welcome to the animator.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

GW just hired Finn Arnesen as their head of entertainment development so expect a ton more warhammer media in the future. Probably he's choice to grab those animators too.

Also some talk about the Eisenhorn serie and it looks like that is still coming so good news was abit worried there.

Guy is known for past things like Studios executive for Turner Broadcasting and Allspark

https://advanced-television.com/2021...-exec-arnesen/
    https://mojo-nation.com/games-worksh...t-development/
    https://worldscreen.com/hasbro-alum-...ames-workshop/
    https://www.televisual.com/news/warh...entertainment/

“This is a hugely exciting time to be joining Games Workshop, and I am relishing the opportunity to work with such an established yet, in terms of entertainment, relatively unexplored universe as Warhammer. There is a tremendous appetite at present for series set in unique, fantastical worlds, so, with Warhammer’s thousands of stories, numerous worlds and countless memorable characters, our options are virtually limitless. I was delighted to discover there are already early discussions in place with a variety of production companies around the world, from LA to Japan, and an array of highly sought after writing talent, to bring the vast Warhammer universe to all platforms.”

Thought it had alittle to do with the astartes thing and all and is why i posted it i wont post everything related for warhammer there is other places for that
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2021-03-12 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Looks like we spoke too soon. Games Workshop are back to being assholes.

https://www.belloflostsouls.net/2021...nimations.html

Looks like we spoke too soon. Games Workshop are back to being assholes.

https://www.belloflostsouls.net/2021...nimations.html
    I suppose their previous change of heart has been reverted in face of what I understand is rising revenue - old corporate habbits are back.
    "Quick! some youtube-nerds are better than our own stuff! Buy them up and threaten those who won't budge!"
    People are already asking what would happen to stuff like Text-to-Speech/Alfabusa. Theoretically it's parody, but then again Youtube would not care if asked by GW to take it down. Not like fans have the capability to really fight that.

Games Workshop are their own worst enemy. Rarely are companies so inept as Games Workshop and Konami.

Yepp sad shit this with sodaz and other content creators, though it should come to no ones surprise that gw have always been very protective of their ip's exept when it comes to handling out gaming licences : D but atleast they hired the top ones before. Still shitty though.

All this will just be on their new service Warhammer + in the future.

Sucks as youtube is a great way to bring in new people to the hobby like with the astartes serie.

Warhammer + looks alright btw and its pretty cheap too but i fear there will be far to little content at the start to justify any price so doubt i will sub from the start, gonna be hard not to when astartes part 2 comes though lol.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2021-07-24 at 09:14 AM.

I'm a very simple man. I want a 40k series, with Astartes killing stuff, an imperator class titan and maybe an Inquisitor going exterminatus too.

Not too much talking or complex plots, just 20 minutes of the emporers wrath.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post

Warhammer + looks alright btw and its pretty cheap too but i fear there will be far to little content at the start to justify any price so doubt i will sub from the start, gonna be hard not to when astartes part 2 comes though lol.
    I honestly can't believe GW thinks they are big enough to have their own exclusive streaming program just for Warhammer. I really, really will not pay monthly fee for yet another streaming service. And yes, amount of content is under question.

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post

Not too much talking or complex plots, just 20 minutes of the emporers wrath.
    Oh how that word triggers me...

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    I honestly can't believe GW thinks they are big enough to have their own exclusive streaming program just for Warhammer. I really, really will not pay monthly fee for yet another streaming service. And yes, amount of content is under question.

Seriously. Warhammer has a very passionate fanbase but it's not that big and not that well known outside of said fanbase.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Would you prefer "Emprah"?

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Would you prefer "Emprah"?
    Depending on the situation, yes, but never the emporer. That misspelling triggers me, wherever I see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depending on the situation, yes, but never the emporer. That misspelling triggers me, wherever I see it.
    i'm sensing a heresy starting