Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Flourish requires you to have HoTs rolling already in time for incoming damage for it to be effective. It's no Beacon of virtue.

Germination in 5mans is an easy blanket playstyle where mana isn't an issue when you can drink between pulls.

I totally disagree with everyone saying Germination is the must go to talent. There was even somoene saying that if you don't take it you might as well be trolling.

I have played a fair amount or rdruid this xpack in both raids and mythic+ dungeons and while in lower keys I used germination, I didn't like it so I switched to Flourish and prefer that. We don't have shoulders or t19 anymore and our rejuv duration went down drastically. By the town you put two rejuvs on everyone on aoe damage, they first ones start to fall of. Flourish works much better for aoe damage. Also the amount of time and GCD you need to spend to cover everyone just isn't worth it.

If your group desperately needs two rejuvs + wg, then you're probably not doing mechanics properly, not interrupting or standing in fire, really.

Well it depends what level mythic+ you are doing. If the fights are taking a long time and you have spent all your swiftmends then germ does a good job keeping the party up by itself.

But unless your doing at least 6+ then germination may be a waste i agree.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siaer View Post
    No, because some people really, really need to learn to be better. I have better things to do as a competent healer than stress heal through stupidity because some DPS refuse to do even the most basic of mechanics.

Why should I be the only one there that is doing the right thing and getting abused by pants on head retarded people who die constantly to avoidable shit?
    So your suggestion for the OP is to rage quit the group if they wipe?

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    but germ is the predict talent and flourish is the react talent :P

one's a quick burst cd occasionally and the other is a constant heal
    No Flourish is also a predict talent since it is kind of worthless without having hots up, where germ is just spam reju all day. The casual part of germ is that you dont need to think, just keep all 10 up, but it is not very mana effecient, where as Flourish will save you a lot of mana if used right

Quote Originally Posted by Laraley View Post
    I totally disagree with everyone saying Germination is the must go to talent. There was even somoene saying that if you don't take it you might as well be trolling.

I have played a fair amount or rdruid this xpack in both raids and mythic+ dungeons and while in lower keys I used germination, I didn't like it so I switched to Flourish and prefer that. We don't have shoulders or t19 anymore and our rejuv duration went down drastically. By the town you put two rejuvs on everyone on aoe damage, they first ones start to fall of. Flourish works much better for aoe damage. Also the amount of time and GCD you need to spend to cover everyone just isn't worth it.

If your group desperately needs two rejuvs + wg, then you're probably not doing mechanics properly, not interrupting or standing in fire, really.
    Is this you? https://raider.io/characters/eu/ravencrest/Laral%C3%A9y

You havent done a single key above 5 that was not depleted, at 359 ilvl. Not having germination on high keys is just bullshit, please link me a log or SS on heartsbane trio on a +10 not using germination.

And who says you have to have 2 hots on everyone at all times when u have germ, why do people assume that?
    Last edited by Yizu; 2018-09-15 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chanja View Post
    I gladly share your thoughts 100%.
    My first BfA 120 was my Druid and I also did some healing as third dungeon role. Rarly was able to do 10k+ HPS without big CDs, either Tranq or Tree.
    As soon as I leveled my Monk I realized that it feels soooo much better for dungeon healing.

Now my Monk is about 340, while my Druid is 350. My Monk will do close to 20k HPS in bursty situations with ease while I'm struggeling to keep my group alive in low mythic+ as a Druid.
    Guess Monk suites my playstyle better.
    Monks are definitely the better healer. They have 1/4 the utility of a rdruid and way less dps potential.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okard View Post
    they took out chill of the throne, if you havent looked. Youre going to do 30% less than youre used to.

Rdruid is not bad m+ healer like some ppl think. Yea its not as good as it was in legion but we need secondary stats. Handling m+0 was hell for 320 rdruid. Tank dying, cant rly top party outside of cds because forced to spam heal tank. Now with higher ilvl i am using less and less regrowths.

Even healing m+9/10 ar 350-355 ilvl was not that bad. Germination is best talent in last tier. I am also running spring blossom because it give me more hots so mastery have better effect. Now ar 363 ilvl tank healing is much easier. I am using like 3 times less regrowths than i was using at m+0 because hots and swiftmend are enough for longer.

Deeper into expansion rdruid will be only better idk if better tha disc that bring some dps too.

Rdruid hps? I was doing temple +9 yesterday and on 3rd boaa ended with 27k hpa. Group failed and boss got 100% energy 2 times. Also for raids top mythic guilds are using rdruids. Method swapped their druid to bala for ghuun but after some time they realized they need resto for p2 becauae of how good rdruid is vs sustained raid wide dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Druitz View Post
    Rdruid is not bad m+ healer like some ppl think. Yea its not as good as it was in legion but we need secondary stats. Handling m+0 was hell for 320 rdruid. Tank dying, cant rly top party outside of cds because forced to spam heal tank. Now with higher ilvl i am using less and less regrowths.

Even healing m+9/10 ar 350-355 ilvl was not that bad. Germination is best talent in last tier. I am also running spring blossom because it give me more hots so mastery have better effect. Now ar 363 ilvl tank healing is much easier. I am using like 3 times less regrowths than i was using at m+0 because hots and swiftmend are enough for longer.

Deeper into expansion rdruid will be only better idk if better tha disc that bring some dps too.

Rdruid hps? I was doing temple +9 yesterday and on 3rd boaa ended with 27k hpa. Group failed and boss got 100% energy 2 times. Also for raids top mythic guilds are using rdruids. Method swapped their druid to bala for ghuun but after some time they realized they need resto for p2 becauae of how good rdruid is vs sustained raid wide dmg.
    Wait wait what? people think R Druid isn't good for M+?

Doing 8's as a 339 druid atm and it's a joke.

Yea doing +8 ar 339 ilvl id doable but try it on pugs. I got no time for raiding guild because of my job... looking for m+ guild is no sense if i can get max rewards with pugs.

If you ever got invited with this ilvl pugs will show you how to soak dmg xD a lot pf pug groups prefer disc/mw over rdruid. I am linking them raider.io with 363 ilvl atm that is more than enough for +10 runs to only got declined with answer that disc is better

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Found your issue. If you're clicking, druid could be very frustrating. Me, I use mouseover macros (i.e, I have my frames setup in the bottom center of the screen and a macro that casts a spell when my mouse is over a frame and I press the key with that macro). There are other ways to do it but that's simple to setup and use. If you're clicking... don't.
    Are you... are you serious? If you're playing any kind of healer without an MMO mouse, you're making things WAY harder than they need to be. I use Vuhdo with a 14 button mouse. All my heals are bound to mouse buttons, and all my CDs and utility spells are bound to 12345, QERTG, Shift+QERTG.

To answer the OPs question, I run abundance and germination in 5 mans. For pugs that are stupid when I was doing normal/heroic, and now M+ I roll rejuvs for damage, and weave rejuv /regrowth for medium damage. My heavyish rotation is spamming regrowth while weaving rejuvs to maintain 5-7 stacks of abundance, then alternate. If shit hits the fan, I pop tree, innervate and spam regrowth to stabilize the group then weave rejuvs and regrowth. If shit really, really hit's the fan I pop tranq during tree for the extra boost, but at that point, people are mega failing at mechanics and you really can't heal through stupid.

Stonebark was good when people were under-geared, but as people are gearing up and are more familiar with the content, I'm not popping it on CD anymore, so I've recently dropped it to play with Inner Peace and Spring Blossoms. Both seem to be pretty good, but my gut tells me Spring blossoms is probably a little better for 5 mans.

haven't done a 15 yet but 12 and 13 waycrest this last week i dont think i could have done without stonebark, not running with cheese immunities is rough, briar hits and then getting recovery back over 90% health is a struggle and then wicker boss kicks tank teeth in when fire fades right before clear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scandore8472 View Post
    Are you... are you serious? If you're playing any kind of healer without an MMO mouse, you're making things WAY harder than they need to be. I use Vuhdo with a 14 button mouse. All my heals are bound to mouse buttons, and all my CDs and utility spells are bound to 12345, QERTG, Shift+QERTG.

To answer the OPs question, I run abundance and germination in 5 mans. For pugs that are stupid when I was doing normal/heroic, and now M+ I roll rejuvs for damage, and weave rejuv /regrowth for medium damage. My heavyish rotation is spamming regrowth while weaving rejuvs to maintain 5-7 stacks of abundance, then alternate. If shit hits the fan, I pop tree, innervate and spam regrowth to stabilize the group then weave rejuvs and regrowth. If shit really, really hit's the fan I pop tranq during tree for the extra boost, but at that point, people are mega failing at mechanics and you really can't heal through stupid.

Stonebark was good when people were under-geared, but as people are gearing up and are more familiar with the content, I'm not popping it on CD anymore, so I've recently dropped it to play with Inner Peace and Spring Blossoms. Both seem to be pretty good, but my gut tells me Spring blossoms is probably a little better for 5 mans.

Note that I dont raid mythic. So, yeah, I'm serious. And no and MMO mouse isn't a requirement

Quote Originally Posted by healzforu View Post
    You have 0 clue how to play a druid, not even sure where you got your info from..
    You should try healing M+10 and above. The group damage is crazy and resto druid just can't keep up group.

Quote Originally Posted by kmm777 View Post
    You should try healing M+10 and above. The group damage is crazy and resto druid just can't keep up group.
    i have healed multiple 10+ and so long as people play properly and dont take avoidable dmg its easy and thats with my main tank being a warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by kmm777 View Post
    90% of the time the druid should be dpsing in cat form and if someone dies it means they took avoidable dmg and they or the group is shit.
    Very few packs or bosses actually require massive constant healing even on plus 10s.

Quote Originally Posted by Chowder View Post
    if someone dies it means they took avoidable dmg and they or the group is shit.
    Very few packs or bosses actually require massive constant healing even on plus 10s.
    This isn't said enough. Some people just don't care though. Interrupting a chain cast ability that kills the whole group in 2-3 casts? NOPE. Let me smash mortal strike one more time.

Just let me smash!!!

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    well that's what druid gameplay is.

thankfully there are 4 other healers that are different.

also if you're not gonna use germination in 5mans I'd rather you just stop playing druid because that's borderline trolling
    I guess you'd have a heart attack if you knew the top M+ key completed in the world was run by a Rdruid using Photosynthesis then. Brace yourself, options exist.

Quote Originally Posted by veloreum View Post
    I guess you'd have a heart attack if you knew the top M+ key completed in the world was run by a Rdruid using Photosynthesis then. Brace yourself, options exist.
    I made that comment like 3 weeks ago

things change obviously...

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Note that I dont raid mythic. So, yeah, I'm serious. And no and MMO mouse isn't a requirement
    I didn't say it was a requirement, I said it made things a lot easier. You have easier access to your utility spells and CDs. Your right(or left depending) hand dedicated to healing/shape shifting, left hand everything else. I have 25 key binds between my keyboard and mouse. Can I move them all to my keyboard? Sure technically. But CTRL or ALT requires finger gymnastics with a high margin of error for hitting the wrong key.