Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by superxdude View Post
    was able to put this guide to use on my arms warrior...crushed mob in wetlands for an hour with warmode on and got 4 levels...

Great job SirCowdog!
    15 minutes per level is EXACTLY where you want to be. Anything faster than that is kind of insane.

I haven't actually been to wetlands in like...10 years. XD Good to know it's worth doing!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xruptor View Post
    What exactly do you mean? Can you provide wowhead links to the items and gems you are referring to? I'm a bit confused as I tried looking myself and couldn't exactly find what you are referring to. I believe it's the only time in the guide you actually mention that and it's not listed in the beginning portion of your guide.

Also which leg and shoulder enchants do you recommend?
    The part about the belt is covered early on in the guide under the Preparation section. I didn't provide a wowhead link because what item you use will depend on what class you're playing. But the Legacy Valor/Justice vendor should have something you can grab for a couple hundred gold.

It's not an enchantment, but you should buy or craft an iLVL 100+ belt, gloves, or boots with a gem socket for use with the new 5% bonus experience gem: Insightful Rubellite. I used a vendor-bought belt from the legacy valor vendor in Orgrimmar, since it was convenient and met the minimum ilvl bonus.

Honestly, use whatever leg/shoulder enchants you can get your hands on. Because they're such an old item from previous expansions, the AH might not have anything unless you've got the specific crafting profession to custom build them.

Supposedly you can have a level 85 character enchant them, then mail the enchanted heirloom to your low level too and get the advantage straight away. I haven't actually tested this yet, TBH, since I don't have any characters sitting in that range.

Deleted
    wow great post, thanks you.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    The part about the belt is covered early on in the guide under the Preparation section. I didn't provide a wowhead link because what item you use will depend on what class you're playing. But the Legacy Valor/Justice vendor should have something you can grab for a couple hundred gold.

Honestly, use whatever leg/shoulder enchants you can get your hands on. Because they're such an old item from previous expansions, the AH might not have anything unless you've got the specific crafting profession to custom build them.

Supposedly you can have a level 85 character enchant them, then mail the enchanted heirloom to your low level too and get the advantage straight away. I haven't actually tested this yet, TBH, since I don't have any characters sitting in that range.
    I must have missed that. I could have sworn I didn't see it in my previous reads of it but then again I have the memory of a flea. I didn't even realize there was a new xp gem for that. Anyways, I did take a look at the valor/justice vendors and the belts there are lvl 85. Are these to be worn starting at 85 with the gem or exactly at lvl 80 using a crafted belt? I'm just curious here as to when it would apply.

I'll have to take a look at the leg and shoulder enchants then. It's been some time since I look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xruptor View Post
    I must have missed that. I could have sworn I didn't see it in my previous reads of it but then again I have the memory of a flea. I didn't even realize there was a new xp gem for that. Anyways, I did take a look at the valor/justice vendors and the belts there are lvl 85. Are these to be worn starting at 85 with the gem or exactly at lvl 80 using a crafted belt? I'm just curious here as to when it would apply.

I'll have to take a look at the leg and shoulder enchants then. It's been some time since I look at it.
    IIRC the gem itself has a minimum iLVL requirement of iLVL 100. And unless you can find a piece of equipment that's ilvl 100 or higher with no level restriction, you'll probably have to wait til level 85 before equipping it.

Deleted
    80-90: Imo Jade Forest is way faster after like 85,because of the enormous experience gain from the treasures (like 47k from pandaren tea pot with monk)

Deleted
    all that time investment to level in old content thats even worse now

Just wanted to add my experience with this guide to the thread. First of all, great guide. Really appreciate you putting it together.

1-80 took me about 40h with daily dungeons, random BGs, and a lot of afk'ing mixed in. 60-80 I hit Northrend and cleared out Borean and Dragonblight. That absolutely seemed to take the longest out of all the level brackets.

80-110 took me about another 40h, again with daily dungeons and some afk'ing mixed in.

After 80 when you get master flying and hit Hyjal and Jade Forest, questing becomes much much faster and the levels come quickly. 90-101 were mostly Gorgrond and Spires.

Now 101-107 I totally agree with collecting WOD treasures as being fastest. However, one major caveat is that WOD scaling from 101-107 seemed totally off to me. If I had to do any fighting to get to treasures, the mobs seemed to be insanely strong. Also I had to do my last quest in Gorgrond because I forgot to do it (the one where you control the Genesaur). The mobs hit extremely hard in that scenario. I was 102 at the time, Fury Warrior, with Artifact and full heirlooms.

So if you're going to stay in WOD after 101 you may run into some scaling issues if you have to do much combat. Legion scaling by contrast seems much smoother. Mobs just fall over in Legion vs. WOD after 101 with artifact and full looms.

Currently at 110 I'm at 3 days, 6 hours played. Just finished the Battle for Lordaeron Scenario (which I recommend doing because it'll get you about 1/3 of the way to 111. About to head to Kul'Tiras.

Those are my numbers. Take them for what they're worth.

Thanks.

Forgot the main reason for posting so had to edit.

Thank you very much for this guide, only wish I had found it before I hit level 64 and was yelling at my screen because leveling was taking so long.

Once I hit 106 I was done with Draenor and headed to Legion. I chose Stormheim as my starting zone. Of course I checked out the treasures by picking up a few of them and no XP. I started questing and was just about to head into Helya's domain. As you know there are a few treasures easily accessible as you are questing in that area. I grabbed one right next to me and was awarded with 15,900XP. Thinking this was a fluke, I grabbed another and was also awarded 15,900XP. The third was worth 11,400XP. Left the area to do more. The next one hit at 8kXP and the rest stayed right there. You do not however, get XP from every single treasure you open. I did not keep an accurate count, as I was not thinking about it at the time, but I would be close by saying you get XP from about 3-4 out of every 5 you pick up.

At 8kXP a pop, it is probably not worth flying all through the zone to grab them at once, but is definitely worth picking them up as you quest. I ended up just shy of a full level of advancement from the treasures.

Hope this helps some others questing through.
    Last edited by jaftica; 2018-10-26 at 04:21 AM. Reason: adding something

It's far faster to farm gold and buy a boost than it is to level a character.

There's literally no reason to bother.

Quote Originally Posted by warhoof6556 View Post
    WOD scaling from 101-107 seemed totally off to me. If I had to do any fighting to get to treasures, the mobs seemed to be insanely strong.

So if you're going to stay in WOD after 101 you may run into some scaling issues if you have to do much combat.

Legion scaling by contrast seems much smoother. Mobs just fall over in Legion vs. WOD after 101 with artifact and full looms.
    Everything you said here matches my own experiences. WoD scaling is off. Mobs are noticeably more difficult than other expansions. I don't know that I'd go as far as to say they're insane, but you will feel the difference.

This is where being fully enchanted with food and flask buffs will make the most difference. It also definitely helps to het your artifact weapon at 98. You might even consider hitting the AH for higher level weapons along the way if you're struggling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    It's far faster to farm gold and buy a boost than it is to level a character.

There's literally no reason to bother.
    That's been discussed, and a lot depends on your goals and server economy, as well as current Token prices. Buying a boost doesn't unlock heritage armor, and grinding a gold farm is even more monotonous than leveling.

But hey, if that's what you enjoy doing, then do it. . This is a guide for leveling, after all, not gold farming.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jaftica View Post
    At 8kXP a pop, it is probably not worth flying all through the zone to grab them at once, but is definitely worth picking them up as you quest. I ended up just shy of a full level of advancement from the treasures.

Hope this helps some others questing through.
    The one time i was able to get exp from Legion treasures, it was still slightly faster exp/h than straight questing, with the added bonus of being decently profitable from the gold value of the treasures.

I just wish there was a consistent way to get treasures to award exp.

5+ Year Old Account
    The Human Trio (what I call it) of Westfall>Duskwood>Redridge, this precise order from easy to hard, is great for an early level boost. Be careful of the stealth quest in Redridge, the one where you plant bombs in the Blackrock settlement; this one has bugged for me many a time.
    Last edited by CasualFilth; 2018-10-26 at 06:16 AM.
    Be loyal to what matters - Arthur Morgan

NX Friend Code: SW-0102-0077-4738

Quote Originally Posted by CasualFilth View Post
    The Human Trio (what I call it) of Westfall>Duskwood>Redridge, this precise order from easy to hard, is great for an early level boost. Be careful of the stealth quest in Redridge, the one where you plant bombs in the Blackrock settlement; this one has bugged for me many a time.
    I'll give it a shot. I've finally finished honorbound rep on my horde character, so now I just have to summon the willpower to take an ally alt from 110 to 120 so I can unlock Dark Iron Dwarves.

That way i can give a proper allied race test run to Alliance.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'll give it a shot. I've finally finished honorbound rep on my horde character, so now I just have to summon the willpower to take an ally alt from 110 to 120 so I can unlock Dark Iron Dwarves.

That way i can give a proper allied race test run to Alliance.
    Go for a Human alt! I know, Humans are boring, human potential in the story and whatever etc., but they are hella good at world content such as reps with the Diplomacy racial (+ 10% rep from world events is borderline cheating).

Go for a Human alt! I know, Humans are boring, human potential in the story and whatever etc., but they are hella good at world content such as reps with the Diplomacy racial (+ 10% rep from world events is borderline cheating).
    I do not need rep for anything. I already have a 110 alliance character that's been sitting around since early Legion. I just need to take it from 110 to 120 so I can start a Dark Iron.

Honestly, the more I think about it, the more the allied race unlocks strike me as unnecessarily. Still, I suppose I should be thankful that I didn't have to grind to exalted with the 7th Legion as well as Honorbound. But having to take an alliance character to 120 feels tedious after doing the work on the horde 120.

5+ Year Old Account
    I do not need rep for anything. I already have a 110 alliance character that's been sitting around since early Legion. I just need to take it from 110 to 120 so I can start a Dark Iron.

Honestly, the more I think about it, the more the allied race unlocks strike me as unnecessarily. Still, I suppose I should be thankful that I didn't have to grind to exalted with the 7th Legion as well as Honorbound. But having to take an alliance character to 120 feels tedious after doing the work on the horde 120.
    Maybe I'm understanding it wrong, but Honorbound and 7th Legion are two separate reps. You'll have to grind 7th Legion rep with your Alliance alt. It's not like Legion's rep where a Horde character with Army of the Light and Argussian reach at exalted could unlock the ARs with simply a max Alliance character.

Maybe I'm understanding it wrong, but Honorbound and 7th Legion are two separate reps. You'll have to grind 7th Legion rep with your Alliance alt. It's not like Legion's rep where a Horde character with Army of the Light and Argussian reach at exalted could unlock the ARs with simply a max Alliance character.
    IIRC you only have to grind one of the two. So if you're exalted with Honorbound it unlocks both Dark Iron and Mag'har. And vice versa. Get exalted with 7th Legion and it unlocks dark iron amd maghar.

Because the hell if im going to grind exalted with both horde AND alliance reps, even with catchups coming in 8.1.

Edit: Seems my info was slightly off. I'd need to pay for a faction swap for my horde character, then do the war campain to get Dark Iron.

Whelp....fuck that. GG blizz. Not jumping through that retarded hoop. Sorry guys, I won't be making a detailed Alliance guide after all.

I think I'm just about 99% driven away from this game.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2018-10-27 at 03:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember to equip your belt with the experience gem. And apply your leg/shoulder enchants!
    What belt exactly do you mean? I quoted it from the 80+ area.

Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    What belt exactly do you mean? I quoted it from the 80+ area.
    Read the "PREPARATION" section, under enchants.

Deleted
    If I missed it then I am sorry. I did not saw Badlands discussed here. From my experience it is a nice zone except the last part with the three NPC companions to take out black dragons. What is your opinion of that zone?

If you want to allied races do what I did: make a maghar MONK and stack those 50% xp increase while queing as a healer in dungeons. Throw in events like headless horseman and what not (it's a breeze).