Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by superxdude View Post
    was able to put this guide to use on my arms warrior...crushed mob in wetlands for an hour with warmode on and got 4 levels...

Great job SirCowdog!
    15 minutes per level is EXACTLY where you want to be. Anything faster than that is kind of insane.

I haven't actually been to wetlands in like...10 years. XD Good to know it's worth doing!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xruptor View Post
    What exactly do you mean? Can you provide wowhead links to the items and gems you are referring to? I'm a bit confused as I tried looking myself and couldn't exactly find what you are referring to. I believe it's the only time in the guide you actually mention that and it's not listed in the beginning portion of your guide.

Also which leg and shoulder enchants do you recommend?
    The part about the belt is covered early on in the guide under the Preparation section. I didn't provide a wowhead link because what item you use will depend on what class you're playing. But the Legacy Valor/Justice vendor should have something you can grab for a couple hundred gold.

It's not an enchantment, but you should buy or craft an iLVL 100+ belt, gloves, or boots with a gem socket for use with the new 5% bonus experience gem: Insightful Rubellite. I used a vendor-bought belt from the legacy valor vendor in Orgrimmar, since it was convenient and met the minimum ilvl bonus.

Honestly, use whatever leg/shoulder enchants you can get your hands on. Because they're such an old item from previous expansions, the AH might not have anything unless you've got the specific crafting profession to custom build them.

Supposedly you can have a level 85 character enchant them, then mail the enchanted heirloom to your low level too and get the advantage straight away. I haven't actually tested this yet, TBH, since I don't have any characters sitting in that range.

wow great post, thanks you.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    The part about the belt is covered early on in the guide under the Preparation section. I didn't provide a wowhead link because what item you use will depend on what class you're playing. But the Legacy Valor/Justice vendor should have something you can grab for a couple hundred gold.

Honestly, use whatever leg/shoulder enchants you can get your hands on. Because they're such an old item from previous expansions, the AH might not have anything unless you've got the specific crafting profession to custom build them.

Supposedly you can have a level 85 character enchant them, then mail the enchanted heirloom to your low level too and get the advantage straight away. I haven't actually tested this yet, TBH, since I don't have any characters sitting in that range.
    I must have missed that. I could have sworn I didn't see it in my previous reads of it but then again I have the memory of a flea. I didn't even realize there was a new xp gem for that. Anyways, I did take a look at the valor/justice vendors and the belts there are lvl 85. Are these to be worn starting at 85 with the gem or exactly at lvl 80 using a crafted belt? I'm just curious here as to when it would apply.

I'll have to take a look at the leg and shoulder enchants then. It's been some time since I look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Xruptor View Post
    I must have missed that. I could have sworn I didn't see it in my previous reads of it but then again I have the memory of a flea. I didn't even realize there was a new xp gem for that. Anyways, I did take a look at the valor/justice vendors and the belts there are lvl 85. Are these to be worn starting at 85 with the gem or exactly at lvl 80 using a crafted belt? I'm just curious here as to when it would apply.

I'll have to take a look at the leg and shoulder enchants then. It's been some time since I look at it.
    IIRC the gem itself has a minimum iLVL requirement of iLVL 100. And unless you can find a piece of equipment that's ilvl 100 or higher with no level restriction, you'll probably have to wait til level 85 before equipping it.

80-90: Imo Jade Forest is way faster after like 85,because of the enormous experience gain from the treasures (like 47k from pandaren tea pot with monk)

all that time investment to level in old content thats even worse now

Just wanted to add my experience with this guide to the thread. First of all, great guide. Really appreciate you putting it together.

1-80 took me about 40h with daily dungeons, random BGs, and a lot of afk'ing mixed in. 60-80 I hit Northrend and cleared out Borean and Dragonblight. That absolutely seemed to take the longest out of all the level brackets.

80-110 took me about another 40h, again with daily dungeons and some afk'ing mixed in.

After 80 when you get master flying and hit Hyjal and Jade Forest, questing becomes much much faster and the levels come quickly. 90-101 were mostly Gorgrond and Spires.

Now 101-107 I totally agree with collecting WOD treasures as being fastest. However, one major caveat is that WOD scaling from 101-107 seemed totally off to me. If I had to do any fighting to get to treasures, the mobs seemed to be insanely strong. Also I had to do my last quest in Gorgrond because I forgot to do it (the one where you control the Genesaur). The mobs hit extremely hard in that scenario. I was 102 at the time, Fury Warrior, with Artifact and full heirlooms.

So if you're going to stay in WOD after 101 you may run into some scaling issues if you have to do much combat. Legion scaling by contrast seems much smoother. Mobs just fall over in Legion vs. WOD after 101 with artifact and full looms.

Currently at 110 I'm at 3 days, 6 hours played. Just finished the Battle for Lordaeron Scenario (which I recommend doing because it'll get you about 1/3 of the way to 111. About to head to Kul'Tiras.

Those are my numbers. Take them for what they're worth.

Thanks.