So how hard is healing?

My main is a paladin, currently ret while doing all the quests I can find, but I aim to be holy for dungeons and raids. What can I expect? Is it a wreckfest out there with dps and tanks dropping like flies while I spend the time stunlocked in a corner? Or is it a breeze where you barely have to do anything at all? Or is it something in between?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    its the same as any other expansion except Cata low ilvl somewhat hectic if you are outgearing it yawn

10+ Year Old Account
    So this is not trolling...

Blow you CDs on Trash in mythics...Really for the most part the bosses are a joke and the trash in some places is scary as hell...those first groups in the Underrot makes me want to cry.
    Last edited by Natrii; 2018-08-24 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Spelling is Hard

It really depends on your group, think of it more like every time someone messes up it's your job to fix it, sometimes it's totally chill and sometimes even the most trivial content turns into nightmare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Healing is how it has always been. You need to be more attentive then mindless ret, and make smart decisions on where heals should be going depending on what damage is happening. It's definitely a little tough with minimal gear. But lets say you got some gear via ret you might have an easier chance sliding into the role.

I'm finding pugging Mythics a lot harder than Legion Mythics at release. Trash packs are hard and boss mechanics can't be ignored e.g Volkal's totems, Zancha spores, Yazma's spider explosion + shadow things. In Legion if the group ignored mechanics I could still heal them but IMO if mechanics are ignored hard to catch up.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    The drop in overall crit % as well as the nerf to HS crit bonus (+30%, rather than double) means less overall crits. It is tougher than Legion for sure, as well as being slower with everything pretty much on the GCD. You have to plan a bit more ahead.

It will get a lot better as we gain more secondary stats (particularly crit). Going from 50% crit (100% crit on HS) to 23% crit I have currently (making HS only a 50/50 crit chance) is noticeable, but it's only the first month of the expac! Trinkets really help, particularly on use +crit and the proc crit one from Shrine.

Bring lots of water and drink after every trash pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathrezz View Post
    Bring lots of water and drink after every trash pull.
    IRL or in the game?? Kappa. All that sweat generated from trash pulls definitely dehydrates you.