Vengeance - Trinket/Stat Confusion?

Hey guys. Was looking for some help on trinkets. I generally play Havoc but my friends all forced me to go Vengeance for the good of the hivemind this expac. Been tanking a ton, but not sure on trinket rankings. I looked at the BIS list, and don't fully understand why a trinket with say.. Vers that procs Agi would be better than a trinket with Agi that procs a secondary stat?

For example, right now I'm using 345 Incessantly Ticking Clock and 345 Harlan's Loaded Dice. I was looking at the BIS lists (on Icy Veins) and they list trinkets I would have never considered, like Azerokk's Resonating Heart and Lustrous Golden Plumage. Are secondary stat trinkets that proc agility actually better for DH? I feel like it would be the other way around, considering we play a bit more offensively. I also popped a 345 Golden Loa Figurine today from the Emissary today, and don't see that trinket on any list, and no discussion on it any where.

Any help or input would be greatly appreciated.

In a perfect world I would want 2 trinkets that give passive haste. 1 with an on use that either gave me a decent defensive CD(which don't really exist in the game atm, king's rest trinket is ass) or an good chunk of agility(which can be used with Demon Spikes for a pseudo CD). And the other with either a defensive proc(again don't really exist in the game atm) or agility proc(which again can be used with DS defensively when you see it up).

But that ain't always an option right now so will settle with vers and mastery or whatever I get at the time. Secondary stat procs are less beneficial defensively. Right now with my agility proc my DS armor will go from 55% to 60%. Which might not sound like a lot, but is actually a hell of an increase when you understand how armor works and a lot more then say the 5% DR a vers proc of the same value would give you. Haste procs can also be annoying to, because if you don't immediately react to the fact it's procced and start doing your rotation faster you already wasted a significant portion of it.

I still don't have much of an opinion on our mastery right now, other then it's not really a stat I look for as of yet.

But for the most part, since defensive trinkets don't exist by and large in BFA yet and agility was changed to be a major part of our defense with DS, agility on use and procs are now defensive options.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-08-25 at 11:02 PM.

TBH I dont agree with icyveins BiS anyways, so take that with a grain of salt. As Tech said, there arent really any "good" defensive trinkets in atm so I have gone for agility and haste on my trinkets, seems to work fine.

Thanks for the input, guys!

Guess I'm still torn between the three 345s I have. Will go with Harlan's Dice and Golden Loa Figurine for now, since I don't have any haste trinket..

If blockades is cheap on your server it also might be a decent option for pure survival. Probably the best pure survival trinket in the game currently, just has no offensive value outside of the base agility. I just wouldn't spend that much gold on it tbh, because it's not that good, mainly just good by being the only actual pure tank trinket in the game that isn't bad.

Deleted
    Blockades seems ok, I haven't really looked at the healing but it's fairly regularly granting ~10k HP. Some silly person decided to start listing them at around a 1/3 of the original price the day it got buffed so I bought one.

It's bizarre the Icy Veins guide says a mastery trinket is best in slot, but then it also recommends stamina flasks for DPS....

You should set your loot specialization to havoc as well so you don't get any of the awful tank trinkets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tiny topic ninja: I won't be doing any raiding, how good will Blockades (got one for 28k) + Fathoms (considering buying one) be as a starting point for m+ keys?
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    Tiny topic ninja: I won't be doing any raiding, how good will Blockades (got one for 28k) + Fathoms (considering buying one) be as a starting point for m+ keys?
    I'll be using both decks at the start of m+, due to item level (agi>all) and lack of decent tank trinkets.
    @Topic
    You don't want a secondary proc trinket since they are to narrow like a mastery proc won't do anything if you don't use DS with it.
    It's the same for all secondary stats we prefer fixed values. Agi-Proccs are "better" since it's just a flat buff for suv/dmg w/o affecting your skills/cds.

In general: stat sticks and on demand defensiv trinkets are good, you want to have control. If you don't have decent tank trinkets go for item level

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    I'll be using both decks at the start of m+, due to item level (agi>all) and lack of decent tank trinkets.
    Cheers for that, I'll pick up a Fathoms then!
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280

Yea I just equipped both of my decks, was gonna sell them if I got some good TFed trinkets before Uldir/M+ but didn't happen. Using both decks is actually a pretty damn solid mix of both defense/EH and dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did the same. Firstly the flat agi is awesome, and it does nice dps as well :-) It was 109k when I bought it, bit steep on the price for it's longevity but it was worth it (not to mention the ilvl boost it did on my fresh 120).