Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    in death i could support.

other than that maybe lift the restriction to any rest zone.

being able to toggle it on or off anywhere you want would make for much griefing.

Deleted
    Nah I like the way they designed it. Gotta run back to sw/org before you can go back to casual mode. Don't enable warmode if you can't handle it, it's pretty simple. If you want the 10% bonus you deal with being ganked.

Deleted
    Wpvp was never fair and never will be fair bc. that
    Is not its purpose. If there was only a thing where you can do pvp without outnumbering/being outnumbered.

Quote Originally Posted by manbeartruck View Post
    Your reply probably says a whole lot more about you than me, bud
    Idk, you made a thread that really makes no sense and not one person here has agreed with you.

Deleted
    I always play solo and never group in the outside world. Just saying, to not be accused of being "a group ganker".

That being said, unpopular opinion inc.:

I would completely remove the option to turn off warmode. Why should other players be IMMUNE to my attacks? That doesn't make sense at all.

Though maybe I would change warmode to: if on, I can attack anyone, that would include the own faction (if not grouped or instanced or in main city). Why are they immune to my attacks?

And the great thing about this is, that it would also solve the faction imbalance issue, because it's everybody against everybody (unless grouped or instanced or in main city). An NO, Horde and Alliance would still keep their faction identity, they wouldn't lose it due to this.

Honestly, I would love it!
    Last edited by mmoc90507aa8c5; 2018-08-26 at 05:24 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your reply probably says a whole lot more about you than me, bud
    not really your thread is just plain stupid ... doesn't even makes sense

10+ Year Old Account
    OP you must feel quite bad making this thread.
    removing the whole point of warmode this way lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

I feel like blizzard has completely missed the mark with Warmode - the idea might have been good on paper, but the reality of how it's used is pretty damn different. In playing several hours a day since BfA launch leveling several characters, I have not once seen a solo, samle level character attack another. It's just exceedingly rare. What we do see is groups of 120s rampaging through lower level quest areas and stomping out anything with zero effort - and the so called "scaling" does nothing at all to prevent this, even vs a single geared 120, you're dead in 5-6 hits. Essentially, the Warmode button has nothing to do with PvP and has simply become a "come punish me" button. Now, I've no problem with a fair fight, but at it's current use they're few and far in between. So knowing how the system is actually used for completely pointless PvP, I'd find it fair to be able to toggle it off without having to return to a capital, perhaps even to disable when dead only. The griefers get their first kill, and you get to quest in peace until they fuck off.
    lmao this is probably the most obvious bait post in the history of this website

I feel like blizzard has completely missed the mark with Warmode - the idea might have been good on paper, but the reality of how it's used is pretty damn different. In playing several hours a day since BfA launch leveling several characters, I have not once seen a solo, samle level character attack another. It's just exceedingly rare. What we do see is groups of 120s rampaging through lower level quest areas and stomping out anything with zero effort - and the so called "scaling" does nothing at all to prevent this, even vs a single geared 120, you're dead in 5-6 hits. Essentially, the Warmode button has nothing to do with PvP and has simply become a "come punish me" button. Now, I've no problem with a fair fight, but at it's current use they're few and far in between. So knowing how the system is actually used for completely pointless PvP, I'd find it fair to be able to toggle it off without having to return to a capital, perhaps even to disable when dead only. The griefers get their first kill, and you get to quest in peace until they fuck off.
    This could not be further from the truth.

I have a 120 and apart from the first week where everybody just shot anything that was red, we are already back to calmer times where most ppl just pass each other and let them quest and maybe sometimes you see some fights but it is currently less likely to end in fighting than them going sperate ways.

Meanwhile I am also leveling up 3 alts and they are all between 111 and 116. I have been attacked a few times but never encountered any gank groups "rampaging" through "lower level quest areas". First off - there are no lower level quest areas, since you can pick from three area to start and everything is scaled, so there usually is no area where a gank group would go in order to find "the noob". Secondly, due to scaling you are not at much of a disadvantage as a 110-115 vs a 120 who is not top geared right now, due to secondary stats and damage scaling.

Apart from crit luck on maybe a warrior or mm hunter, I very much doubt that any class just roflstomps you in 5-6 attacks. An arcane mage who gets to freecast and starts the fight at 4 orbs and who has a couple crits inbetween might get this done, but most others will not just floor you that quickly right now with secondary stats being rather low...

If you cannot fathom warmode, just turn it off. They already made it a choice, there is no need to cater to even more of the complaints of cherrypickers... If you want to quest in peace, you can. If you want a bit more thrill, you can have it, but it might happen that you get shit out of luck and some people decide to use you as a punching bag. Random things, the spice of life...

Dumbest proposition i ever saw..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    That wouldn't make any sense. Everyone would just pop it on a few seconds before the end of the WQuest and then pop it off back.

Just don't use it if you can't.
    All Warlocks are basically banned from Warmode because every class in the game can fuck them over without an retaliation. Great design btw (Y)

Deleted
    Not being able to toggle it in major hubs/capitals is the prime example of Blizzard making a really dumb decision for virtually no reason and then deciding to ignore all feedback, as a lot of people kept saying that they should at least allow it in the new islands... YOU KNOW, WHERE THE NEW EXPANSION TAKES PLACE AND MOST OF THE WORLD PVP IS MEANT TO BE HAPPENING

ugh this company sometimes, I swear

While i do agree with you about pvp in between 110-119, where there i havent seen any single alliance player till i hit 120, i totally disagree on toggling process of warmode, it should even have cooldown which should prevent you from switching it back and forth and not of course not be toggable while dead/out of combat since it will totally ruin the small bits of wpvp that has left in this game. If you can't tolerate ganks and don't have friends to call better not to play with warmode on, or level up the class with stealth, simple as that.

No. Too exploitable if it worked like that.

- Pick Quest up
    - Do Quest
    - Turn Warmode on at Quest Giver
    - Hand In
    - ??? Profit
    - Turn off Warmode again

+ other obvious exploits
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.

Threadripper 2950x | 32gig Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz | GTX 1070 (Yes, I was stingy on the graphics card HOOOO!)

Quote Originally Posted by egeszsegere View Post
    "You call for peace when it suits you"
    -Sylvanas
    Spot on quote!

Quote Originally Posted by Barrages View Post
    Warmode was really only worth having on for the first few days of the expansion when people were racing to 120. There's absolutely no need to have it on now unless you just like world people or getting ganked doing menial tasks.
    Totally agree, I don't see any point in having WM mode, 5 more war res or 10 more azerite isn't worth it at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not anywhere, but definitely all the main cities. Perhaps even in rest areas like Inns.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Queendom View Post
    Totally agree, I don't see any point in having WM mode, 5 more war res or 10 more azerite isn't worth it at all.
    Earned Horde slayer a couple weeks back, once I get Conqueror of Azeroth, it's turning off, for sure.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2018-08-30 at 04:59 PM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Sounds like we found one of the gankers with nothing better to do than pick on low lvls
    Sounds like you're super fucking butt hurt and only seek validation.

I solo attack people I see.
    Red is dead.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Sounds like we found one of the gankers with nothing better to do than pick on low lvls
    You're on your own there bud. There's no "we". He has a point. The moment you toggle it is the moment you gave up your right to bitch about being ganked. All I hear is alot a whinning.