Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I don't know what you guys are on about. I've had 3x 2hours of farming sessions. The route that I'm running usually nets me over 2k in herbs and 60-70 anchor weeds. So far, with procs from rank 3 Alch, I have over 80 flasks and I can craft over 400 pots. That is 160 hours of raiding just counting the flasks for 6 hours of farming + the occasional collection during leveling and WQs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiltrold View Post
    I don't know what you guys are on about. I've had 3x 2hours of farming sessions. The route that I'm running usually nets me over 2k in herbs and 60-70 anchor weeds. So far, with procs from rank 3 Alch, I have over 80 flasks and I can craft over 400 pots. That is 160 hours of raiding just counting the flasks for 6 hours of farming + the occasional collection during leveling and WQs.
    Would you share this magical route then? B/c I've been farming hardcore and just during WQs for the past 2-3 days for a total of about 6 hours and have gotten maybe a dozen anchor weed and prob about 1200 total herbs in that time. I just can't physically see what your claiming is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    Would you share this magical route then? B/c I've been farming hardcore and just during WQs for the past 2-3 days for a total of about 6 hours and have gotten maybe a dozen anchor weed and prob about 1200 total herbs in that time. I just can't physically see what your claiming is possible.
    Use the main winters kiss farming route.

You should get 20-30 anchor weed per 600 winters kiss on average. A dozen is crazy, crazy low for 1200 herbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    Yea anchor weed and Midnight Salmon need to have drop chance increased...

After 1 hour of herbing, I got 2 anchor Weeds and after 1 hour of fishing, I got enough Midnight Salmon to make 2 feasts
    Midnight Salmon drop chance is higher at night time hours. It's about 3%. The mat requirement was also reduced to 2 salmon for bountiful and 1 for galley

Midnight Salmon is fine. Anchor Weed is far more rare.

on launch i found loads of the stuff acquired a couple of hundred, since then its become way more rare for me im seeing very little now.

Deleted
    Sometimes lucky and get 20-30 in 30 minutes, other times 0 in 2 hours.

As a herb gatherer the prices are crazy and love it.

As any other raider? Nope. Average player next weeks going to have a huge hit so gold savings.

Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    So I'm a bit frustrated right now. Tonight I was keeping track, and indeed I was only getting 1x anchor weed per gather. So I do some research (see https://www.wowhead.com/quest=51016/...nts:id=2595187), and as it turns out I don't have 3-star gathering. I never did. I didn't have 2-star or 1-star either, I had nothing!

What can happen is that it's possible to pick up and complete the quest for 2-star, before you've learned 1-star. And if this happens, you just get stuck there. Chances are you think you have 3-star, but in fact you have nothing. The solution is to buy and use https://www.wowhead.com/item=163834/...s-of-kul-tiras. This should properly learn you 2-star, and then the 3-star quest should pop up some time from gathering anchor weed.

I'm frustrated because I estimate this has cost me 100k-300k gold from lost anchor weed gathering.
    Don't worry, this also happened to me and half of my guild. You cannot directly learn rank 1 unlike the other herbs, and then after you've leveled nobody remembers that there is still a recipe at the trainer.
    There's no need to buy the tome though, you can just talk to the trainer.

Imho the problem is that Anchor Weed shared a spawn with other herbs and doesn't have a dedicated spawn zone like Starlight Roses had in Legion.

Yes, it's rare, but drops from nodes are in line with Legion and mats required stayed the same - but in Legion you had people costantly farming for it giving a steady supply. Now you have all people farming the same routes usually, thus sharing the spawn points and the Anchor Weed supply.

Also, Roses had the random spawn that dropped like 8 of them an within a session you could find some of them - don't know if it's in place for BfA herms now, i only found the bee spawning from Siren's Pollen 1 time.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    To those suggesting quite realms are the way forward, they are not, i'm on one and farming anchor weed is terrible, i have to herb hundreds of winters kiss which i have little use for and worth a lot less on the AH just to proc a chance at node for Anchor Weed, absolutely ridiculous.

Deleted
    They are rare for sure but I get atleast 50anchor every hour i farm winter's kiss. I've gotten 80-100 an hour serveral times before. Since yesterday i've farmed 750 anchorweed which took me 10 hours.

i.imgur.com/CmfwB9W.png

That's my farming route. I run a lap, serverhop by joining a random drustvar quest group, run a lap and repeat. It's ofcourse RNG on the anchor weed but as I stated, I get atleast 50-100 each hour I farm winter's kiss.

Quote Originally Posted by Menax View Post
    And i got Invincible, Mimirons head and Alar from Hogger, quite lucky we are.
    50 anchor weed in 30 minutes is very good. I average around 50 every hour. My record is 120/hour.
    You just need to be smart about it. Think outside the box.

What I've noticed over the years is that rare nodes spawn a lot less in heavily farmed areas. The best places where I found anchor weed so far are in isolated locations away from the usual farm routes. The same goes for platinum nodes. In ssv there is a dried-up portion of the river that spawns no plant nodes, just minerals and, because people don't usually go there, it was full of platinum. Try it.

Quote Originally Posted by prudi View Post
    You just need to be smart about it. Think outside the box.
    I'm stupid, can you explain a bit more?

Quote Originally Posted by GringoD View Post
    I'm stupid, can you explain a bit more?
    Same.

Enlighten us plebs please.
    Thanks for the heads up!

Deleted
    Last time I farmed the Winter Kiss route and got like 8k Winter Kiss and ~100 Anchor Weed, I was happy I didnt need them on my Inscription Char, but now on my Alchi I stopped farming after spending half of my BfA time with farming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjay View Post
    There were more than 1 per zone in many zones, including but not exclusive to Winterspring, Blasted lands and EPL. The spawn timer was also less than an hour.
    there was not more then 1 black lotus at any given time in each zone so you are wrong, but the time is between 30-1hr yes.

the problem with anchor weed is people who just pick anchor weed when they stumble upon it but not touching any other herbs.

To find anchor weed you need to find a small route to pursue while picking all the flowers.

Anchor weed will always spawn instead of another flower.

People who just run around picking Anchor Weed effectively rid the map of Anchor Weed until someone comes along to pick the other flowers.

If you keep doing rounds with a short route that has herbs directly spawning on you, you will find a lot more anchor weed.

Also if you are farming for your guild, having more people farming the same nodes at the same time will get you way more flowers in the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post

No way they are going to make raidng cost 20k a night
    Emerald nightmare wants a word with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me anchor weed spawn rate/zone is just another disappointment in this shitty BfA chapter of Wow.

Why is everyone such a super pro top world 1000 player all of a sudden? How much main stat does it give you? 100? like what 2% more stats or something? "I NEED IT"