Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    [They just needed midnight salmon to 2 per greasy from 5. Expect the same neefd soon on flask.

They will also increase the spawn rate

No way they are going to make raidng cost 20k a night
    Try 90k a night.

Deleted
    Flask key ingredients throughout WoW's life

Vanilla: Black Lotus super rare flower on predictable spawn timers, extremely tough to get.
    TBC: Fel Lotus uncommon drop from other herbs, reliable and somewhat easy to get.
    WotLK: Frost Lotus Fairly common drop from other herbs as well as having their own spawns in Wintergrasp. Easy and reliable to get.
    Cata: No lotus needed, instead volatile life which was a very common drop from herbs. Flasks easy and reliable to make.
    MoP: Golden lotus fairly uncommon, dropped from other flowers as well as their own spawns. Flasks slightly harder to get but with the harmony vendor, extremely reliable to make.
    WoD: Base flasks extremely easy to make, took barely any materials with no special ingredient. Rank 2 flasks however, took regular flasks + an elemental essence and alchemical catalysts to make which were fairly limited due to the daily cooldown. Easy flasks easy, harder flasks harder but very reliable.
    Legion: Ranking system introduced, with Rank ups extremely unreliable, flasks take starlight roses to make. Flasks remained very reliable due to blood trading.
    BfA: Anchor Weed needed for flasks, extremely unreliable as they dont drop from other plants, only their own, which have roughly a 2% chance to replace other herb spawns (not siren's pollen or star moss though). So rare and unreliable that you can literally go over an hour without getting enough Anchor Weed to make a flask that lasts for an hour. Unreliable and broken.

Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    Why is everyone such a super pro top world 1000 player all of a sudden? How much main stat does it give you? 100? like what 2% more stats or something? "I NEED IT"
    More like 238 stats/5% increase. Yeah you can skip this, skip food and burst pots too, don't bring some buff class/scrolls either, don't enchant your stuff etc etc.. it all adds up.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprix View Post
    More like 238 stats/5% increase. Yeah you can skip this, skip food and burst pots too, don't bring some buff class/scrolls either, don't enchant your stuff etc etc.. it all adds up.
    If you are doing mythic I understand but to clear N + HC? Ok 1st week then with all the upgrades things go even faster (not to mention WF/TF procs too). I have seen numerous guilds with 15+ HC clears that had mythic ilevel gear and they would still flask up and never went higher than 2-3 mythic bosses. Some are good players and some are not but i don't think it's MANDATORY to the extent that you need to farm 2-3h every day before raids cmooon.

Quote Originally Posted by socialmaker View Post
    If you are doing mythic I understand but to clear N + HC? Ok 1st week then with all the upgrades things go even faster (not to mention WF/TF procs too). I have seen numerous guilds with 15+ HC clears that had mythic ilevel gear and they would still flask up and never went higher than 2-3 mythic bosses. Some are good players and some are not but i don't think it's MANDATORY to the extent that you need to farm 2-3h every day before raids cmooon.
    That's really a silly discussion. Having your raid flasked means currently about 5% more damage/healing, no matter if you do LFR, normal or mythic.
    If you can easily clear it without those drugs, good for you. But actually it is the normal or heroic raid guild that are going to struggle with their difficulty, not the mythic guilds that already have cleared the raid on beta or PTR.
    So sure, waiting three weeks will give you a greater performance boost than having the raid flask. But that's a question of your personal (or your guild's) ambition. If you are fine with it taking longer, or you have no problem clearing the raid without flasking because you are so good or the raid is so undertuned, then that's also fine.
    But I think I don't lean too far out of the window when I claim the vast majority of raiders is somewhere in between.

Deleted
    You guys are doing something wrong. There is lore to anchor weed and it helps with finding more. I get about 30 for every 400 herbs, when trying to get anchor weed. That is about 7.5% droprate, wich I find ok, considering you are supposed to drop some herbs into inscription, also. Druids and DKs should have even less problems.
    When I run around aimlessly and gather herbs, without targeting anchor weed, I get around 1 spawn per hour, max.

Going by other expansions the price for anchor weed is rather low right now. Many are speculating on a 1k gold per piece price during the first raid week, as it was in other expansions, but I doubt it will hit that, at least not on the server I am on. Max price was 680g per piece, for now.

Flasks are cheap, too. Compared to other stuff. For the start of an expansion. 2.3k-3k per flask on my server. The only reason why it seems so high, is the lack of cheap gold from missions. People are spoiled.

Pro tip: switch warmode off, for farming. Warmode shards are full of people, I find the PvE shards of old PvP servers to be rather void of people stealing my herbs.

There are very profitable routes where I usually find around 50 of them in around 1-2 hours. I hope it stays the way. Not everything needs to be common / easy to get. Work hard for your money.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Quote Originally Posted by Grievuuz View Post
    Flask key ingredients throughout WoW's life

Vanilla: Black Lotus super rare flower on predictable spawn timers, extremely tough to get.
    TBC: Fel Lotus uncommon drop from other herbs, reliable and somewhat easy to get.
    WotLK: Frost Lotus Fairly common drop from other herbs as well as having their own spawns in Wintergrasp. Easy and reliable to get.
    Cata: No lotus needed, instead volatile life which was a very common drop from herbs. Flasks easy and reliable to make.
    MoP: Golden lotus fairly uncommon, dropped from other flowers as well as their own spawns. Flasks slightly harder to get but with the harmony vendor, extremely reliable to make.
    WoD: Base flasks extremely easy to make, took barely any materials with no special ingredient. Rank 2 flasks however, took regular flasks + an elemental essence and alchemical catalysts to make which were fairly limited due to the daily cooldown. Easy flasks easy, harder flasks harder but very reliable.
    Legion: Ranking system introduced, with Rank ups extremely unreliable, flasks take starlight roses to make. Flasks remained very reliable due to blood trading.
    BfA: Anchor Weed needed for flasks, extremely unreliable as they dont drop from other plants, only their own, which have roughly a 2% chance to replace other herb spawns (not siren's pollen or star moss though). So rare and unreliable that you can literally go over an hour without getting enough Anchor Weed to make a flask that lasts for an hour. Unreliable and broken.
    Too soon to say anything, you even mentioned it regarding MoP and Legion. Those vendors that you trade Harmony or Blood for mats were added later down the expansion cycle. Expect a same vendor in 8.1-8.2.

One week ago on my server one Anchor Weed sold for 880g. So i expect about 1.1k or 1.2k next ID.

Im just sad i milled 100 Anchor Weed in the beginning of the exp because i thought it would give more Ink for DM Cards. But turns out it doesnt, which really dont make any sense since they are alot more rare than other herbs. I have a question tho, how much Anchor Weed do you get with the rank 3? Rank 1 gives 1-2, but how much do rank 3 gives?

Deleted
    Rank 3 is 3-5

Quote Originally Posted by Grievuuz View Post
    Rank 3 is 3-5
    Thank you

Well, I ended my pre-Uldir haul at 345 Anchor Weed. Not bad.

Pro tip: don't try to make flasks. Just collect herbs, sell them and buy flasks.

Have any of you Anchorweed farmers, noticed that there are quite a few spawn points, that are placed beneath rocks, inside trees, beneath the ground, in the small "ponds" in Zandalari zones?

I have had 3 locations today, that I wasnt able to access due to being inside/beneath etc.
    "It takes a vast amount of self control to be this dangerous" he said.

- Ogvai, 6th legiones Astartes.

I don't understand why they don't just give every herb a chance to drop anchor weed, just like every fish catch has a chance to catch midnight salmon.

I guess that wouldn't be fair though, because fuck raiding, right?
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*