Deleted

Bladestorm confusion

Little confused as to when to use bladestorm. (Fury)

In ST it feels like a dps loss in most situations, especially in the opener during reck as it feels like wasting the rage potential and so on. It feels like I can do more damage outside of BS than in it. Is it best used outside of reck and instead in situations where you have nothing better to do and are at low rage?
    Last edited by mmoc118a2540b5; 2018-08-26 at 03:46 PM.

You use it only after Rampage.

Bladestorm does feel weak for fury.

it requires a bit of a setup to get most out of it. Recklessness, whirlwind, siegebreaker on your targets, than rampage (hopefully with still 1 stack of whirlwind) and after that bladestorm. Though still you won't see numbers as arms does with BS.
    Also when you happen to go into battle without rage it can feel like a bit of a stretch to do the setup as the frostmage is already ripping your adds apart
    Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm".
    And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."
    Noctus <Darkblade>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctus78 View Post
    Bladestorm does feel weak for fury.

it requires a bit of a setup to get most out of it. Recklessness, whirlwind, siegebreaker on your targets, than rampage (hopefully with still 1 stack of whirlwind) and after that bladestorm. Though still you won't see numbers as arms does with BS.
    Also when you happen to go into battle without rage it can feel like a bit of a stretch to do the setup as the frostmage is already ripping your adds apart
    It really does feel clunky and the exact opposite of Legions instant burst. After I've gotten everything set up about half of the time the mobs are close to dead already.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Copey View Post
    You use it only after Rampage.
    Could you explain a bit more on that, please?

I try to use it as soon as possible after I enrage and with as low rage as possible, which as you mention, is best after a rampage. But I'm still not 100% sure on how to go about doing the opener with rampage. Feels like I do more dps/get more rage just ignoring BS during reck and using it instead when I have a lull in my rotation a bit later on.

If you feel your burst is low and slow to set up, just use RA talent and DR, and do Whirlwind -> Reck -> Rampage -> DR -> continue rotation. It feels good, plus you can use DR one more between Reck casts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AleksaMaster View Post
    If you feel your burst is low and slow to set up, just use RA talent and DR, and do Whirlwind -> Reck -> Rampage -> DR -> continue rotation. It feels good, plus you can use DR one more between Reck casts.
    at 342 IL and stacking 2x Reckless Fury traits, i found this combo to be pretty sweet. I had been trying to swap to arms but literally every piece of azerite gear i got had crap arms traits on them. Currently my char sims highest on "hectic add cleave" with Endless rage, Sudden Death, carnage, DR and RA. And it feels fun.
    Last edited by Burnanator; 2018-08-27 at 05:55 PM.