Still no mobile/responsive layout for MMO-Champion

I was wondering why there is still no mobile site yet. Or even better; why the website isn't responsive yet.
    I saw this in the FAQ:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...p-Feedback-FAQ
    Q: Can you make a mobile version of the site?
    A: We'd love to get a mobile version of our CSS for easier browsing from mobile devices, but, again, there's no ETA. (Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.)
    Next year i'm visiting this website for more then 10 years. It kinda surprised me that after all this time there still isn't a responsive/mobile layout for MMO-Champion. Especially because it's "on the radar" for many years now. I know you got a RSS-feed, but that doesn't solve the problem. I can understand that maintaining a big website like this is expensive, gives a lot of work, etc... etc.. , but after years still no layout that works on mobile sounds strange to me.

I hope you think the same way and are already in development for a responsive layout. If not, wouldn't it be time to develop a complete new layout for MMO-Champion with a mobile first approach?

Btw. after almost 10 years, i still love this website.
    Last edited by Z3ROR; 2018-08-26 at 04:58 PM.

Yeah a mobile Website would be nice... but then again, this could mean that they might have to completely redo the Website, which could require a lot of time (and Money) and it would still be very risky.

There is a mobile version for Premium users. I believe chaud said it's only for Premium users at the moment so they can beta test it, or something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Yeah a mobile Website would be nice... but then again, this could mean that they might have to completely redo the Website, which could require a lot of time (and Money) and it would still be very risky.
    I can say from my own experience that building a new website from scratch is faster then converting an existing one.

The responsive version of the site is currently a perk for Premium members. The goal is to eventually roll it out to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    The responsive version of the site is currently a perk for Premium members. The goal is to eventually roll it out to everyone.
    How is that test going? Satisfied? When can we expect the release for everyone?

Last time I posted in a thread asking for mobile, they said it was on their to-do list, and that someone with experience in CSS (iirc) could help them do it - but they never actually ASK for someone to help - IF they posted it on the front page, I'm pretty sure someone would have it done in a day.

Hint: Put it on the front page. It'd get done, for free, super quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    How is that test going? Satisfied? When can we expect the release for everyone?
    There are some outstanding bugs that need to be fixed, both on my side and the ads side.

10+ Year Old Account
    tilt your phone sideways while the screen is unlocked
    BAM mobile site unlocked
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

The mobile site is REALLY nice btw, makes accessing MMO-C much more enjoyable. Thanks for the nice perk, works great!

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    The mobile site is REALLY nice btw, makes accessing MMO-C much more enjoyable. Thanks for the nice perk, works great!
    The added bonus is that it removes all the ads if you have Premium, which is a godsend.

Does anyone have a screenshot of a thread or subforum with the responsive design? I'm curious to see how it looks to see if it's worth $1/month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Does anyone have a screenshot of a thread or subforum with the responsive design? I'm curious to see how it looks to see if it's worth $1/month.
    https://imgur.com/a/z8WkBWW
    Taken from a OnePlus 6

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    https://imgur.com/a/z8WkBWW
    Taken from a OnePlus 6
    Hmmmm interesting. It's definitely not that clean of a design, but the most important part is that the text actually fits on the screen (without scroll bars or looking super small).

Thanks for posting the pic @Temp name.