Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Archaeology in BfA

Kinda disappointing it is. It took me 35 dig sites to get all the six rares and the trinkets are totally useless (other than item level boost). After that there's nothing except achievements and getting all pristine solves is as frustrating as before. At least give some artifact power or something.

I think they're slowly shuffling Archeology off to greener pastures. Or they just didn't GAF. Maybe that second one.

I've only dipped into BfA archology yet, but i'm kind of happy they scrapped the 2 week rotation that forced you to do it (or wait half a year for the same quest to pop up again). Is there a list of the rare solves somewhere?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well at least they put an achievement in Uldir to require yoggs puzzle box. Will be the first time I do archaeology ever because its boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanderez View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/archaeology-...#bfa-zandalari

Really disapointed. I was hope for at least a mount of some sort

[
    That's quite underwhelming, i agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps they will add more in 8.1 and on? Unlike legion all of our current 'tier 1' content is playable. Whatever happens in subsequent patches means we will need a new zone. Maybe they add more incentives and rewards to those areas.

It's painful to level since completing artifacts no longer give skill ups. Was an unnecessary change.

Blizz has done an exceptional job destroying profs, truly exceptional. Arch is basically a waste of time, LW, BS, Alch, etc, all so imbalanced for lvling.

I did dig all toys, pets and trinkets early in BfA and got the feeling, that BfA is general still in Beta when it comes to professions.

I have yet to see something exciting.

yeah the best part were the 2 trinkets and pets.

They missed the opportunity to put in rare weapons like in cata and mop(i believe) and tell us more about the lore.

Finished projects should have a chance to give expulsom. That would make archaeology somewhat useful. With possible artifact power gains like in Legion.

I rly liked that archeology was somehow important in legion (artifact skin = achievement) legion made me try archeology for first time and it wasnt that boring! In bfa its shit... also no ap makes it waste of time. Even little ap could have impact on neck.

Lets hope they will add more archeology activity with new patches and better rewards.

High quality steroids,xanax,pills,oxycodon,cocaine,Wax,harsh,oil,Edibles,Medical marijuana,weed,bud and kush.
    Contact us anytime directly here or via W1ckr messenger
    w1ckr id : highdroppings

Thankfully I got the revenant early in the expansion. Only rare that appealed to me.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

They should have kept the bi weekly quests in from Legion.

Like I don't get it. Legion arch was probably the best spot it had ever been in (I realize that isn't saying much) but holy shit it's so lame again. I liked being able to just skip weeks and focus on specific zones instead of being back to this bullshit of "oh finished this one oh hey look the next one is halfway across the fucking world and we can't fly"

The problem with Legion archaeology was that outside the quests it didn't offer anything at all other than some AP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbon View Post
    Kinda disappointing it is. It took me 35 dig sites to get all the six rares and the trinkets are totally useless (other than item level boost). After that there's nothing except achievements and getting all pristine solves is as frustrating as before. At least give some artifact power or something.
    Then you're lucky. Done 50 dig sites, only had 2 rares, and a lot of the junk.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Completed all archaeology achievements a while back. Probably not gonna touch it till next expansion which is such a shame because they could have implemented so many cool things.

Around 75 dig sites, got all rares and missing 4 pristine artifacts. Once I get those I'll probably have hit the 100 dig site achievement and won't care anymore.

The trinkets have helped a lot since I've leveled 3 tanks to 120 and working on a 4th. The item level and extra stamina help for leveling.

I really hope that they are useful since I am exerting effort just to get these artifacts. And just like all of you I am starting to get frustrated with playing this game.