Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

[TV] True Detective season 3

So this teaser dropped looks a lot like season 1 and not like season 2.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

There's only 2 things I'm excited for the upcoming year. Join Wick 3 and this. And damn, this trailer looks great.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

I do hope they learned something from season 2, but my hopes aren't going to be high for this one. S1 was just something different.

From what I read about season 2, they wanted to make it more about the occult nature and cults in Californian gov't, but that somehow became too big a thing. Hopefully they can capture it for this season.

Man, remember when s1 began the McConnaisance? Damn.

Also, Mahersha Ali is fucking awesome.

Season 1 was amazing. Season 2 was dog poop

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Season 1 was amazing. Season 2 was dog poop
    Season 2 was awesome, but I can get why someone wouldn't like it. Don't hate on the Opening though. =)

Oh, and 0:40, I used to have one of those Kodaks. I'm guessing that dates this season somewhere in the 70-80s.

Here's hoping for another season that's painful to watch.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    Season 2 was awesome, but I can get why someone wouldn't like it. Don't hate on the Opening though. =)

Oh, and 0:40, I used to have one of those Kodaks. I'm guessing that dates this season somewhere in the 70-80s.

Here's hoping for another season that's painful to watch.
    Season 2 had awesome atmosphere (especially with Lera Lynn songs) and acting. But story was very weak (too many key characters, too complicated, lead to nowhere).

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Season 2 had awesome atmosphere (especially with Lera Lynn songs) and acting. But story was very weak (too many key characters, too complicated, lead to nowhere).
    The thing was, Season 1 the main character(s) were the detectives. In Season 2 it was the city. And it led somewhere... just not a good place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Also, Mahersha Ali is fucking awesome.
    Opposite for me. He was annoying the hell out of me in The 4400, and ever since then I just can't stand him. Still, going to give him another chance with this show, perhaps he'll finally start to grow on me.

I didn't hate season 2, but it certainly wasn't on par with season 1. This coming third season looks promising.

7+ Year Old Account
    I liked both seasons, season 1 more than 2. Looking forward to #3.

Only thing half decent with season 2 was rachel mcadams and her booty

Deleted
    Only thing half decent with season 2 was rachel mcadams and her booty
    You can thank the ratings systems for there being booty in TV shows, you know. Just like you can thank the ratings systems for allowing booty in games, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    You can thank the ratings systems for there being booty in TV shows, you know. Just like you can thank the ratings systems for allowing booty in games, as well.
    why would anyone want booty in video games anyway?

Its gonna be pixels and you know its not real...

Deleted
    Its gonna be pixels and you know its not real...
    You do know it's pixels in the TV show too, right. But, anyway, hoping this season is more like season 1 than season 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Opposite for me. He was annoying the hell out of me in The 4400, and ever since then I just can't stand him. Still, going to give him another chance with this show, perhaps he'll finally start to grow on me.
    He was great in Luke Cage.

Deleted
    I feel this show is going to continue its legacy of coming up with some of the best stories, direction, acting overall a great show. I mean the trailer itself is looking pretty sick. What I feel is that they have tried to redo something like the first season.

Sadly felt the same way about this as I did Fargo. Loved season one of both these series, didnt like season 2 at all for either.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent Vega View Post
    I feel this show is going to continue its legacy of coming up with some of the best stories, direction, acting overall a great show. I mean the trailer itself is looking pretty sick. What I feel is that they have tried to redo something like the first season.
    Thats if the writer doesnt bog down the story again with too many characters and convoluted plot that didnt make any sense for 8 out of 10 episodes

He could make those same mistakes again and still have an awesome trailer

Thats if the writer doesnt bog down the story again with too many characters and convoluted plot that didnt make any sense for 8 out of 10 episodes

He could make those same mistakes again and still have an awesome trailer
    Yes. The problem with season one and two was the short time he had to write the next season, when he took his time with the first. The second had some clever dialogue but the story was such a pile of shit with no purpose no grand design, just dumb cops with shitty arcs and victim hood. I think it could happen again, but I am hopeful that he had the time to do the work right.