Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Season 2 didn't have as epic of a story but the acting was still god tier, hopefully season 3 will be the same. Though I don't know the main characters actor so meh...

Season 1 was very decent but 2 was rubbish.

Fingers crossed for 3.

Quote Originally Posted by CheeseDoodlez View Post
    Sadly felt the same way about this as I did Fargo. Loved season one of both these series, didnt like season 2 at all for either.
    I felt the same about Fargo, but season 3 is much closer to season 1 in it's feel, so if you've not tried it, I'd recommend giving it a go.
    I actually didn't watch True Detective season 2 as I'd heard so much bad stuff about it, even after loving season 1.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Thats if the writer doesnt bog down the story again with too many characters and convoluted plot that didnt make any sense for 8 out of 10 episodes

He could make those same mistakes again and still have an awesome trailer
    Well, you are right but then again I am talking about the 'cult' part they showed in Season 1 and yes Season 1 was far more better than the second season.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent Vega View Post
    Well, you are right but then again I am talking about the 'cult' part they showed in Season 1 and yes Season 1 was far more better than the second season.
    Yeah the trailer does give off more of a season 1 vibe than season 2. Bit more of a return to rural/small town USA

Deleted
    Yeah the trailer does give off...
    Yes, so just pretty excited about it. Let's see how the show is going to be. I don't want to overestimate things right now.

Still don't understand why everybody so in love with this show((

The biggest problem with True Detective Season 2 is knowledge that Season 1 exists. I liked Season 2 but I think its impossible to not feel let down by it. Season 1 set a really high bar. I also get the impression that Nicky Pizza was carried by Cary Fukunaga.

Honestly there's not a lot of shows that start off really well and then manage to improve themselves. Marvel Netflix shows are a good example. DD and JJ had weaker follow up seasons. LC and IF improved on their weaker initial seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneJustice View Post
    Still don't understand why everybody so in love with this show((
    Good acting, mainly.

This season premiered recently, and holy shit, Maharsha Ali. God tier acting. So much like season 1. INJECT IT INTO MY VEINS.

I dig season 3 so far. It left me wanting more after 2 episodes.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

episode 1 is very good.

I liked the moon effects and the two detectives a lot

plus creepy dolls. Im in.

episode 1 is very good.

I liked the moon effects and the two detectives a lot

plus creepy dolls. Im in.
    There's 2 episodes in case you didn't know
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Cant top season 1 with harro and maccy
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Both episodes were really great, hope they keep this up.

Biggest issue is episode 1 and 2 (the ones that air'd) are the only ones by the director who was removed after filming those. Should keep pace though. I'd watch Ali in anything the guy is a fantastic actor.

S2 was bad enough that I probably won't give this one a chance unless reviewers I trust rave about it being as good or better than 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    S2 was bad enough that I probably won't give this one a chance unless reviewers I trust rave about it being as good or better than 1.
    If a show has to be better than its first 2 seasons for you to even consider watching it, you probably shouldn't bother, and try to identify what it is about the genre you dislike to make it easier to avoid in the future.

That being said, have *any* of the actors in S3 been in anything I should know ?

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    If a show has to be better than its first 2 seasons for you to even consider watching it, you probably shouldn't bother, and try to identify what it is about the genre you dislike to make it easier to avoid in the future.

That being said, have *any* of the actors in S3 been in anything I should know ?
    The main actor, Maharsha Ali, was Diamondback for the first half of s1 of Luke Cage, who was easily the best villain in that show, and probably one of the best villains of Marvel's Netflix universe. He then went on to win an Oscar for Moonlight.

Everyone else is pretty much not known. Some of them are obscure character actors, some are first timers.

Edit: Ali is also in a movie that's currently out, Green Book, which is getting lots of Oscar buzz.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    I think I've identified the problem! S2 was horribly bad and I'm not inclined to give S3 a chance!