Poll: Will there be Kul'Tiran Shamans?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Kul'Tiran Shamans, Yes or No?

What do you think, will they happen? I would love one but maybe Blizzard has other, less sensible plans.

They already have a totem model and the lore fits so I don't see why not.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    What do you think, will they happen? I would love one but maybe Blizzard has other, less sensible plans.
    Okay, this is funny. Discussed this just a moment ago with a guildie, I'll share my view here.

The Kul Tirans don't really have 'priests' and 'paladins'. Order of the Flame is the closest they have to Paladins. And their 'priests' are closer to Shamans as they commune with the elements in mind. If you've noticed compared to the Eastern Kingdom of human kingdoms, Kul Tiras doesn't really have many churches but shrines to various nature connections. Which could open the door more for a Kul Tiran shaman then having a Kul Tiran Priest.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

If tideweavers (don't know the real name, don't play english client) aren't shamans, who is?

they feel more druidic/shamanistic than light oriented, so them having shamans instead of paladins makes more sense, to me atleast

Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    Tidesages are literally some kind of subtype of shaman,so I'd say definetely yes. Only in that case,Zandalari should be paladins.
    Last edited by Felixon; 2018-08-27 at 09:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, pretty much elements and spirits are covered by those tidesage guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    If tideweavers (don't know the real name, don't play english client) aren't shamans, who is?
    Tidesages, sorry, and yes - they are basically shamans or close enough frost mage - but you see some heal people so, we're back at shaman again.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Okay, this is funny. Discussed this just a moment ago with a guildie, I'll share my view here.

The Kul Tirans don't really have 'priests' and 'paladins'. Order of the Flame is the closest they have to Paladins. And their 'priests' are closer to Shamans as they commune with the elements in mind. If you've noticed compared to the Eastern Kingdom of human kingdoms, Kul Tiras doesn't really have many churches but shrines to various nature connections. Which could open the door more for a Kul Tiran shaman then having a Kul Tiran Priest.
    Agreed. There should be a difference between the Stormwind human and the Kul Tiran,so I also think,that they could be shamans/druids,but couldn't be priests/paladins.

Deleted
    You need to somehow give them tidesages, shamans seems like the easiest route. Just add some lore about after stopping thier isolation they learn from other shamans in the Allaince about other elements. That or given them frost mages and have a thing where all the frost effects turn into water.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    Agreed. There should be a difference between the Stormwind human and the Kul Tiran,so I also think,that they could be shamans/druids,but couldn't be priests/paladins.
    Indeed! I mean, we've already seen their Order of the Flame to take on the task of paladins but they are sages, hunters and warriors. Would be good to see another Alliance faction without a connection to the light or the belief of.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Indeed! I mean, we've already seen their Order of the Flame to take on the task of paladins but they are sages, hunters and warriors. Would be good to see another Alliance faction without a connection to the light or the belief of.
    They actually seem to me like people,who are way more badass than the Stormwind humans and it seems,that the Second War is quite fresh in their memories. I wonder,if their bulky models use the same as the vrykuls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    They actually seem to me like people,who are way more badass than the Stormwind humans and it seems,that the Second War is quite fresh in their memories. I wonder,if their bulky models use the same as the vrykuls.
    Well, they are meant to be more hardened as they have less land of value than that of say, Stormwind Kingdom. They most likely utilize harvest witches like the Gilneans too.

As for the model, it looks like the skeleton of the vrykul but looks a little nicer. I like the look of them.

I don't know if it's been pointed out already, but there's a quest in the horde war campaign that outright says Tidesages have control over all the elements, so that seems like a pretty good hint that they're a good fit for shamans like Zandalari Dinomancers (druids, confirmed) and Prelate (Paladins, speculated).

https://www.wowhead.com/quest=51798/no-price-too-high
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Shamans/Druids for Kul'tirans. No priests or paladins. Warriors, hunters, rogues and mages are other acceptable classes.

And what about the warlocks? Those bulky ones will look ridiculous in mage dress though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    They already have a totem model and the lore fits so I don't see why not.
    Same can be said for Zandalar Paladins and they were pretty reluctant about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Same can be said for Zandalar Paladins and they were pretty reluctant about that.
    Who is "they" and where? I fully support Zaldalar Paladins and expect them to come with their release.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    I have nothing against it. But Kul Tirans also worship the Light, so they should at least have priests. I mean I have often been greeted with a "thanks the Light!" by Kul Tiran NPCs.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Who is "they" and where? I fully support Zaldalar Paladins and expect them to come with their release.
    Blizzard has already said Zandalari won't be Paladins, which is a shame.

Regarding Kul Tirans, I expect Shaman and I don't expect Paladins or Priests because of quotes that indicate they worship the sea (Tides bless you compared to Light bless you). I seem to remember Blizzard wanting to keep it so that Alliance got Paladins and Horde Shaman, but I would like them to just do right by their own lore.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )