Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    There are so many? Yet most of the class specific traits are worse than the generic ones everyone can use. The Azerite system is just bad, no doubt about that.
    But...i fell in love with "Brigand's Blitz" for Outlaw Rogue.

Adrenaline rush is a pretty "meh" spell.
    But with brigand's blitz, OH BOY, when i click that spell i feel like SONIC.
    It makes an otherwise boring spell into something amazing to press

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    But...i fell in love with "Brigand's Blitz" for Outlaw Rogue.

Adrenaline rush is a pretty "meh" spell.
    But with brigand's blitz, OH BOY, when i click that spell i feel like SONIC.
    It makes an otherwise boring spell into something amazing to press
    Well, there are definitely fun Azerite traits. A shame that most of them are tuned so badly that they're just crappy to use.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

It's created some different builds but the whole leveling system for it is pretty stupid if they are introducing a catch up mechanic three weeks into it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Well, there are definitely fun Azerite traits. A shame that most of them are tuned so badly that they're just crappy to use.
    I gree it needs way more fun traits like this one.

Most of them are infact boring

But not Brigand's Blitz. GODAIM Brigands Blitz is awesome.

15+ Year Old Account
    Si senoir.

Very very very dull and lacklustre.

Classes, skills, talents in general have no strength in depth -not much creativity/excitement and the GCD change highlights that further.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah pretty fucking dull when you can only use 1 trait per gear piece because your ilvl is too high on them and AP gain is pathetic right now...

Relative to the Artifact Weapon system, for me yes.

I liked working towards active abilities, i.e. new spells.

Also, it’s a minor thing, but I liked “clicking” the artifact power items, instead of the passive way azerite is absorbed into the HoA necklace. It just felt more satisfying clicking the item.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    Perhaps at this time - beginning of the expansion - they feel dull. I think there are new ones coming down the pipe when newer content is unlocked. Raid tiers more specifically.

Also, I think stacking certain traits don't make them dull.
    Sure, they might add more traits. But based on how they've balanced the existing traits, I have no faith in them tuning the traits well(or even making the interesting ones also be the best). So far all they've done is massively nerf the very few spec-specific traits that people were actually using, so now basically every spec is back to Thunderous Blast/Dagger in the Back/Laser Matrix as being best.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    Relative to the Artifact Weapon system, for me yes.

I liked working towards active abilities, i.e. new spells.

Also, it’s a minor thing, but I liked “clicking” the artifact power items, instead of the passive way azerite is absorbed into the HoA necklace. It just felt more satisfying clicking the item.
    I really hated getting my bags spammed with AP tokens. Especially during Antorus when it was basically useless.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Dont like it at all. I hate filling bag space with such stuff. And finally i thought no more artifact grinding we get azerite grinding. Hate it.

All the intersting traits are garbage but more flat damage or more critical strike are the go to makes the system kind of boring.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

it's mostly passives or procs, i don't really know how you think that's engaging at all.

Hopefully they are saving better traits and abilities for each content patch.

I strongly preferred Legion's artifact system. The game lacks a meaningful talent progression tree since they changed to the modem dull talent system and the Legion artifacts added that interesting character progression back into the game. The BFA Azerite traits fail to replicate that.

I feel like all we're seeing right now is just a starting point. Uldir has been referred to as the Emerald Nightmare of this expansion with no Nighthold equivalent in sight. Hopefully when we see the loot of the next raid we'll start to see more interesting traits. But if we don't I'm ready to write the system off as boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Deferionus View Post
    I strongly preferred Legion's artifact system. The game lacks a meaningful talent progression tree since they changed to the modem dull talent system and the Legion artifacts added that interesting character progression back into the game. The BFA Azerite traits fail to replicate that.
    Yeah the illusion of choice when you pick every single artifact train was totally "interesting"

In it's current state : yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Daws001 View Post
    Yeah it's pretty blah. I'd scrap the whole thing for a level 120 talent row and/or getting new spells and abilities as we leveled from 110-120. Those were fun times during a new expansion while leveling and looking forward to shiny new abilities. Le sigh.
    Basically you can't compare the preraid and first raid gear to endgame legion. People forget that EN didn't have a tier set, legendaries were scarce, and AP was still very difficult to grind, the same way we are having issues unlocking our rings now. I'm sure there's a reason why blizzard is still hiding the next tier, where in legion you could see the Nighthold very early on. There will most likely be more to azerite traits and im sure with the introduction of a proper "tier" we will see more engaging and interesting traits. I think the traits we have now could definitely be a lot worse and there are some cool traits that you can use if you would like, its far too early to be completely sure the azerite system is a flop.

Honestly, my biggest issue with the Azerite system is the gear itself. After you get current max ilvl, getting azerite gear as a drop feels super unrewarding. At best, you swap out a trait for one that's probably .5-1% stronger than your previous trait. When everything else can war/titanforge, it makes the azerite gear itself feel almost like a punishment. I've already had about 5 azerite pieces drop from mythics this week for me. I used 1 for a sidegrade, and the rest were scrapped. It gives me a dreadful feeling when I don't get loot before the last boss. At least if say, gloves or wrists drop, and I already have 340, they have a chance of getting a socket, more ilvls, or a tertiary. While it may be low, it's still something I can hope for or get excited about.

Azerite armor needs to have something about it that can make getting extras worth it. One idea I was bouncing around with some friends is that maybe excess azerite armor could actually be converted into AP (since blizz is so against it being "forgeable"). Maybe you could tie this to scrapping (scrapping AP gives you a cluster), or make it different from scrapping so you have to choose between AP and mats. Make it a pretty good amount (300-600?), so that getting a duplicate feels like you still got a reward, but not too much that you would no longer want other slot dupes for the shot at forged versions. Or, you know, azerite armor could just forge lol.
    Last edited by themaster24; 2018-08-27 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kikuhawki View Post
    What are your thoughts on this?
    Yes and no.
    The armor was an interesting idea, the execution, not so much.
    You have abilities like dagger in the back that are entirely reliant and also require you to constantly be behind the mobs so if you do manage to get a proc, you get an instant 2 stack. And when they do proc, it means a pretty dramatic difference in dps.

I think it would have been more interesting to recycle the weapons. Apparently you can empower anything and everything, but not reinvigorate the artifact weapons.
    Also the annoying fact of having to grind weapons again.
    It would have been more interesting to create new abilities comparable to legion legos that appeared on the azerite gear.

Also on a completely unrelated note. They introduced the legion artifact fishing rod last expac, but it doesn't expand to fit bfa needs.
    They also missed a huge opportunity with introducing other profession artifacts.
    Arclight spanner, flask/pot, anvil/hammer, etc.
    Could have introduced a much needed flavor to the current lack luster professions.