Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

must be Horde to unlock Mag'har orcs?

If I farm 7th Legion rep I unlock new dorfs, but doesn't count towards unlocking mag'har?
    Or does it? :P

Deleted
    sadly, this does not work. i unlocked maghar yesterday and couldnt start or unlocked dark iron dwarfs, which sucks.. farming 2 exalted reps... no thanks

Since the reputations are different, unlike in Legion, you gotta play the faction to get them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanjuurou View Post
    sadly, this does not work. i unlocked maghar yesterday and couldnt start or unlocked dark iron dwarfs, which sucks.. farming 2 exalted reps... no thanks
    I guess Zandalari and Kul Tirans will follow the same path. Sigh... my altoholism is either going to die or help me through this boredom fuckfest.
    S.H.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanjuurou View Post
    wow this is crap... well farming two reps to exalted isn't a problem by itself... but I must have both - Ally and Horde max level - this is shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    I guess Zandalari and Kul Tirans will follow the same path. Sigh... my altoholism is either going to die or help me through this boredom fuckfest.
    well then I guess - Alliance forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    wow this is crap... well farming two reps to exalted isn't a problem by itself... but I must have both - Ally and Horde max level - this is shit.
    Why unlock the maghar if you don't intend to level a Horde character though? The scenario to unlock them is available on 120. Besides the reputation is easy enough to do by simply playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieldon View Post
    Why unlock the maghar if you don't intend to level a Horde character though? The scenario to unlock them is available on 120. Besides the reputation is easy enough to do by simply playing.
    well in my case I've got many characters both alliance and horde, but thinking about someone who doesn't.
    let's say new person starts playing and wants to try mag'har - ok he boosts Horde character with his BFA purchase, plays whatever amount of time while grinding rep and unlocks mag'har. Now that same person wants to try new dorfs - he either spends eternity leveling 1-120 or spends 60 euros on a boost... Well I suppose there's a way to cheat a bit by creating demon hunter, so you wouldn't need to suffer that shithole of 1-100 leveling

well in my case I've got many characters both alliance and horde, but thinking about someone who doesn't.
    let's say new person starts playing and wants to try mag'har - ok he boosts Horde character with his BFA purchase, plays whatever amount of time while grinding rep and unlocks mag'har. Now that same person wants to try new dorfs - he either spends eternity leveling 1-120 or spends 60 euros on a boost... Well I suppose there's a way to cheat a bit by creating demon hunter, so you wouldn't need to suffer that shithole of 1-100 leveling
    Aye, DH is the fast way. Still, unlocking allied races, especially the BfA ones is like a reward for helping your faction, so you recruit those races as advanced option after playing the game for some time. You won't get the trust of the Mag'har by unlocking Dark Irons.

I can't say I ever expected to unlock both DI dwarfs and Mag'har from just getting exalted on one faction.

That being said I wouldn't object to some better catchup mechanics for rep later in the expansion. Reputation already ties in heavily to Heart iLvl and War Campaign so increasing gains later down the line would make more sense.

You need a level 70 character to make a DH.

Also, both the Highmountain Tauren and Nightborne required a capped horde character. You just need to play both factions to get those allied races and this was also expected for the new ones.

Makes perfect sense. You cant be a Nazi and unlock friendship with the Allied nations.

What point would be in unlocking mag'har unless you're Horde?

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    What point would be in unlocking mag'har unless you're Horde?
    interested in playing Horde because of awesome new race.... but too many holes in this journey

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by varik View Post
    Makes perfect sense. You cant be a Nazi and unlock friendship with the Allied nations.
    dude... Italy?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post

Also, both the Highmountain Tauren and Nightborne required a capped horde character. You just need to play both factions to get those allied races and this was also expected for the new ones.
    ah damn Blizzard

my guess, and this is just an EDUCATED GUESS BASED ON PAST OCCURRENCES, is that blizzard will either give us a rep boost buff for 7th legion and stinky orc faction just before we start the grind for kul tirans and carribbean jerk trolls, or just lower the rep needed for dark irons and fa...mag'hars

Italy was friend with germany in WW2, ask Benito Mussolini. Now both Italy and germany are friends with allied nations

I think the only country friend(neutral) with both was Portugal.

On Topic: Want mag'har orcs play horde

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    well its a good thing DK's start at lvl 58, and dont have a prereq to play anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    my guess, and this is just an EDUCATED GUESS BASED ON PAST OCCURRENCES, is that blizzard will either give us a rep boost buff for 7th legion and stinky orc faction just before we start the grind for kul tirans and carribbean jerk trolls, or just lower the rep needed for dark irons and fa...mag'hars
    lol you probably did not like Horde witch burning our tree

10+ Year Old Account
    Start a horde DH, you'll start at 98. Much less work.

wow more timegating to play something i allrdy paid for......

lol you probably did not like Horde witch burning our tree
    if anyone else did it, i wouldn't be as salty...

but that rotten pointy eared wretch? i'm a worgen main too