Different Speccs and Sim Outcome

Hi guys,

I played a lot m0 in the last days. Well, I keep simming my Character Everytime I get new items to always have the lastest stat weights (simbot). I use 3 minutes Patchwerk for Singletarget weighting and 3 Patchwerks with 1 minute for Aoe emulating.

My ilvl is currently at ~342 with 2 times revolving blades and one unbound chaos.

I usually play 1331212 and got pretty good numbers with it. Yesterday I got a bit shocked when I simmed 3211222 - it came out several percentages higher compared to the other build. Even on AoE. I cannot believe that, because longer eyebeam+Fel Barrage+immo should outdamage trial of ruin.

What is your experience, can you confirm that ?

This is something I need to try when I get home. I know 3211223 was my highest ST sim but 1331212 was my highest aoe by far. Havent tried 3211222. Do you have unbound chaos AT?

I only got one point unbound chaos and two points revolving blades

Deleted
    fel barrage falls off on longer aoe fights compared to Trial

Did you try eye beam/immo/trial of ruin build?

Still find it hard to believe fel blade, demons bite, trial comes ahead on aoe tho

Quote Originally Posted by er4di View Post
    Hi guys,

I played a lot m0 in the last days. Well, I keep simming my Character Everytime I get new items to always have the lastest stat weights (simbot). I use 3 minutes Patchwerk for Singletarget weighting and 3 Patchwerks with 1 minute for Aoe emulating.

My ilvl is currently at ~342 with 2 times revolving blades and one unbound chaos.

I usually play 1331212 and got pretty good numbers with it. Yesterday I got a bit shocked when I simmed 3211222 - it came out several percentages higher compared to the other build. Even on AoE. I cannot believe that, because longer eyebeam+Fel Barrage+immo should outdamage trial of ruin.

What is your experience, can you confirm that ?
    Not entirely sure why you're simming "AOE" the way you are, that's emulating more of a 3 boss cleave fight than a true AOE fight. I'll do some comparisons below so you can see.

If you do "HecticAddCleave" as your way of simming, which is the closest to true AOE, I got these results.
    https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/repo...AXPZuCanHX5KTQ

If we do it the way you did it, here are the results at exactly 1 minute:
    https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/repo...UdirgnNbKi4oGC

If you make the fight 1.3 mins these are the results:
    https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/repo...xYsUbuTpAjrTSd

As you can see from the results above, on a true AOE sim, Fel Barrage outperforms ToR by 17% in my gear. Now if you set it up as a patchwerk sim with 3 bosses making it more of a cleave sim than an AOE, ToR pulls ahead by 1.6%. If we take that same patchwerk sim with 3 bosses and change the time to 1.3 mins, Fel Barrage pulls ahead by 2.7%.

You have to understand that gear/sim time can make a huge difference in terms of results. Unless you know the EXACT kill time of a boss, the sims could change. Be very careful with this.
    Last edited by Strifelol; 2018-08-29 at 11:00 PM.

... and therefore it is very, very hard to reliably sim for dungeons as you have so many different combat situations mixed up. I believe more than 75% of people just do a Patchwerk single target simulation and live with that.

Quote Originally Posted by iddqd View Post
    ... and therefore it is very, very hard to reliably sim for dungeons as you have so many different combat situations mixed up. I believe more than 75% of people just do a Patchwerk single target simulation and live with that.
    Simming for dungeons seems pretty pointless lol Depending on M+ affixes for the week is mostly what you want to base your spec off of. Talents are pretty universal when it comes to AOE/ST.

It's not only talents, but also gear.

It's not only talents, but also gear.
    ?????????????

You also want to sim your top gear for mythic+ which is nigh impossible ^^
    Last edited by iddqd; 2018-08-31 at 05:56 PM.

You also want to sim your top gear for mythic+ which is nigh impossible ^^
    I'm just having trouble understanding what your point is :x? I apologize!

Ok

You guys were talking about M0/M+ and simming. I added that simming for M+ is very hard to impossible because you have so many different types of combat. Only doing a single target patchwerk sim will net you no good.