Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I killed 2 bosses on Heroic Uldir yesterday and i can say that it feels like we're in an okey place right now. The dog boss (can't remember names yet lol:P) seemed like it will be our boss to shine. In general though global cooldown on wings still feels terrible. When other healers click their healing tides and their tranquilities they start healing immediately, when we click our wings it feels like it takes a whole year for us to actually start doing any healing... i miss my aura of sacrifice

I do believe though that with gear (and lots of crit yay!) we'll be at the top again ! :3
    For the Glory of Mankind

There is now a decent amount of parses on warcraftlogs and we can definitely see that holy pal is considerably weaker compared to the rest of the healers.
    If I remember correctly Ion said in the last Q&A that there will be a balance patch few weeks after Uldir opens, so hoping for some buffs.

(won't allow me to post links, but you can see statistics for healers hear imgur com/a/bWXwkqQ)

We've been very strong in past expansions... so now just because we're weaker than some classes I don't want to complain as such, however in BfA it does seem like we've taken a turn for the worse in terms of output and raw HPS.

Raid wise: I cleared Normal and did Taloc, MOTHER & Fetid on HC in the last 2 evenings and because I was having to focus on mana efficiency so much, i just couldn't get close to our Monk and Disc/HPriest on quite a few fights (I still topped a few, which naturally gave me some confidence).
    We lack any form of decent AoE healing atm... Devo is fantastic but at the same time, also lackluster given that a lot of bosses are doing waves of damage and not necessarily 1 big burst (Taloc and Mother barrier passes excluded). At least Sac gave us the ability to top the raid up properly. Granted, I haven't tried Mercy yet but I do not forsee it being very good at all. Our heals are weak where the crit is so low (I'm 351 with a lot of crit gear and still range between 23-30% crit depending on buffs).
    HC Fetid Devourer highlighted just how strong Monks are atm by our monks healing done to the 2 main tanks... I had 1.3m on 1, 900k on the other. He had 1.2m on 1, 700k on the other. The difference being, he also had a lot of aoe healing going out too. He also wasn't having to worry as much about mana.

M+ wise: I've done a lot wed/thurs and it's even more of a FoL spam fest than previously in Legion. Outside of wings I am literally spamming FoL with an occasional LoM as filler for quick burst if HS is on CD still. Healing the group up with BoV is great if you get crits but still very spam worthy if you don't get crits, which also results occasionally in a full duration of BoV not even topping the group.

The GCD changes? What a fking joke Blizzard. Seriously?? I've healed up to +7's so far and the way the damage comes in is ridiculous at times, ESPECIALLY when people take unnecessary damage. "Hang on guys, let me just wait for my GCD after that weak heal on the tank so that I can pop wings, then wait for the GCD, then pop BoV, then wait for the GCD, then pop HS. Oh, you're all dead. Shit."
    Bubble on the GCD? Come on now. How can you play a reactive healer with no way of reacting ASAP to what's going on?

I love my HPala and I won't stop playing it, but overall i'm very unimpressed by the way they are at the moment. I'm also very glad that it's not just me that thinks this way.

Note: We killed bosses, that's the main thing, so I'm happy. But it doesn't change how we look to everyone else and how we are enjoying the class. Meters aren't everything, we know, Devo doesn't allow for HPS, we know. But come on.
    Midandorie --> Woodzy
    110 DH/Warr/Monk/Sham/Hunter/Lock neglected
    EU - Slightly Salted (6/8H) - Magtheridon

When you spam FoL into Sac and you still can't top a tank, that's when you know - you better level that alt ASAP.
    I don't see any other way of balancing this except straight up increasing our raw HPS. Utility wise we are fine.
    Yes, our raid CD is sheit, as always, but that's not news.

Ya, I've been playing as Paladin since Vanilla Beta, and this might be the weakest I've felt vs other healers in a long time. Everyone on the forums was saying Holy Pally was the strongest healer this xpac when it first rolled out, but after healing some mythics I didn't think so. It was a straight up struggle, even at a 345 ilvl its like I'm holding on for dear life trying to successfully heal in most mythics. So I leveled my shaman, it was like night and day, I could heal up almost anything with ease compared to my Pally who was better geared. I'm actually kind of sad over it. Its got to the point where I don't want to heal mythics on my paladin anymore cause its not fun. Then I watch the different healers as I tank them and get depressed at how easy it is for some of them like Holy Priest, Monks, shaman

I was doing N Mythrax last night and fuck me sideways it was rough.

Id pull 14k hPS in a 20 man, and the tanks were still constantly dropping below 30% I was spamming fol, but only holy shock seemed to do anything. I'd go oom during the phase one transition and had to use the 10 second mana return pot.

I dont know of the boss is overturned but at a 347 I lvl you would think it wouldent be so rough.
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2018-09-07 at 10:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing my H pally during bfa as my main for the first time since TBC, and I enjoy the class. I just feel super weak if I get unlucky if I don't get crits with HS several times in a row and it feels like I will never catch up. If I get a lot of crits and IoL procs in a row I feel like a god bringing people from 10 to 100% in a couple seconds. I don't mind not having much aoe healing as it has never been our niche, but a lot of the time I feel like I can use all my highest mana cost spells as fast as possible and if I stop to pop a CD, someone is going to die in that 1-2 seconds that I wait, especially in higher M+.

I think the changes to holy light and FoL will certainly help, and maybe make me feel like I'm not healing pocket change when I'm outside of Avenging Wrath.

HL and FoL healing increased by 7% after restarts next week! Woohoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Falafell View Post
    HL and FoL healing increased by 7% after restarts next week! Woohoo!
    you know that 7% of nothing is nothing right? people should have learned of the past at this point

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solence View Post
    you know that 7% of nothing is nothing right? people should have learned of the past at this point
    Pretty positive that blizzard is simply doing this carefully in smaller steps than jumping the gun.

A buff is a buff.

Then again I don't know how bad it is, I have only just started healing in heroics which is fine so far. It does feel slow, really miss the artifact ability and the GCD on wings and stuff does make it feel very sluggish...

I wish they'd just get rid of the GCD crap.
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

At 8+ I drink after EVERY single pull because I need to spam FoL just to keep the tank alive, usually with one or two CDs up. Shit's fucked up.
    As for raids - if you are not dead last on most of the bosses - your other healers (non HPallys) are doing it wrong.

And yeah, GCD on Wings or HA is just stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is just quite ridiculous and so typical of blizzard
    When a class is op (and yes, we were honestly the strongest healer in legion) they nerf it to the ground.
    It really seems like after 14 years they really still don't know how to balance. Either you're op or you're sadly bad.
    I did a few m+ (up to +8 i think) and it feels really on the edge, but i like it. I like it because spamming seems to do the job.
    I did the first 5 hc bosses and that's the part i don't like: when the tanks are on 10% hp i spam them and it takes 5 seconds to see the hp going up, it feels like our spells are just weak. Too weak.
    I don't care meters and i don't care about aoe, that was a nice bonus in legion that yea, was good to have.
    But now monks are best tanks healers, we have no aoe, so we're just there for the toolkit and as support tanks healers, feels like we're not that needed.

We'll see what happens in the future, the current 7% buff is nothing when we're 35% below other classes on the logs.

Have anyone tried stacking a particular trait on all azerite pieces? From the logs I can see people stacking Grace of the Justicar (judge heals nearby players) or Breaking Dawn (increases LoD healing).

Was not able to try stacking traits yet, since all my azerite pieces have different traits. So was wandering how worth it is to try and collect pieces with the same traits and which trait to use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by silar View Post
    Have anyone tried stacking a particular trait on all azerite pieces? From the logs I can see people stacking Grace of the Justicar (judge heals nearby players) or Breaking Dawn (increases LoD healing).

Was not able to try stacking traits yet, since all my azerite pieces have different traits. So was wandering how worth it is to try and collect pieces with the same traits and which trait to use.
    I tried to get the 3 i wanted instead of stacking the same 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Smag View Post
    At 8+ I drink after EVERY single pull because I need to spam FoL just to keep the tank alive, usually with one or two CDs up. Shit's fucked up.
    As for raids - if you are not dead last on most of the bosses - your other healers (non HPallys) are doing it wrong.

And yeah, GCD on Wings or HA is just stupid.
    You've just summed my huge post up in 3 sentences. I'm also the same... drinking after every pull because you're almost OOM is beyond a joke.
    Midandorie --> Woodzy
    110 DH/Warr/Monk/Sham/Hunter/Lock neglected
    EU - Slightly Salted (6/8H) - Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by calcifar View Post
    Pretty positive that blizzard is simply doing this carefully in smaller steps than jumping the gun.
    Fairly certain that's exactly what they are doing. I've been raiding since BC as a holy paladin (took Legion off) and they will make slight buffs to some and slight nerfs to others in order to have less of a drastic curve to balance changes.

I killed H Zul last night and cast 65 HL's with an average hit of 12.5k and crit of 35.1k. Each hit would add 861 effective healing to it and each crit would be 2,457 HP more. Without getting much more math oriented, over the course of an entire fight, those heals will add up. Nerfs to other healers is only going to make our buffs matter more.

As for stacking traits, I have 2 that buff JoL and the third buffs LoD. I find stacking three isn't worth losing out buffing another one of our core spells.

Quote Originally Posted by aevitas View Post
    A buff is a buff.

Then again I don't know how bad it is, I have only just started healing in heroics which is fine so far. It does feel slow, really miss the artifact ability and the GCD on wings and stuff does make it feel very sluggish...

I wish they'd just get rid of the GCD crap.
    yea and a raise is a raise even if its only 7 cents an hour... feels like talking to toddlers at this point

yea and a raise is a raise even if its only 7 cents an hour... feels like talking to toddlers at this point
    Well done on pulling the toddler card, despite me clearly stating that I don't know how bad it is.

7% buff is a buff. Do you rather have them give a massive buff just so they have to 'reduce' it to the point you're even worse off than before?

I'm kind of surprised they're doing small percentages, I expected some (too) big numbers to be dropped because yeah.. It's Blizzard.
    Draenor EU: Archavious - Level 120 Warlock ; Loaen - Level 120 Demon Hunter ; Arathia - Level 120 Paladin ; Mitosis - Level 110 Priest ; Toreck - Level 110 Hunter ; Aeralinde - Level 110 Mage ; Crikey - Level 110 Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by aevitas View Post
    Well done on pulling the toddler card, despite me clearly stating that I don't know how bad it is.

7% buff is a buff. Do you rather have them give a massive buff just so they have to 'reduce' it to the point you're even worse off than before?

I'm kind of surprised they're doing small percentages, I expected some (too) big numbers to be dropped because yeah.. It's Blizzard.
    So let me set that clear.
    If you are hiring someone to repair your car and he only repairs 1 of 5 things that needs to be done you say: "Well its repaired i guess so its fine."
    If thats so congratulations! You must be very happy in life when everyone walks over you.