Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    I did not lie. YOU found the weapons fun but the armor boring. That's not true for everyone. For some both were boring, for others both were fun, and then there are the people that feel like you or the other way around.

Bottom line, it's the exact same system being used for your DK as it is for all the other classes.
    yeah class weapons with heavy lore behind them with dozens of transmogs is the same as boring passives.

Seriously how disingenuous can you get

Quote Originally Posted by Karthius View Post
    Idk I find it pretty silly and boring, I would rather just our static gear and another talent row with all the "Azerite traits" attached to it. At least blizzard can get a bit more creative, cause at the moment this seems lackluster and half backed. I skimmed the raid journal as well and wasn't too excited. Maybe its just my class (Blood DK) how is the system for others?
    "Id rather have 1 talent row that holds all 10+ traits in 3 Traits"

10+ Year Old Account
    I love some of the traits on my main (prot paladin), they're really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Karthius View Post
    Idk I find it pretty silly and boring, I would rather just our static gear and another talent row with all the "Azerite traits" attached to it. At least blizzard can get a bit more creative, cause at the moment this seems lackluster and half backed. I skimmed the raid journal as well and wasn't too excited. Maybe its just my class (Blood DK) how is the system for others?
    Have to disagree completely.

A static row of 3 talents is often not really a choice to begin with. At least Azerite can be expanded upon. Better talents can be added over the course of the expansion and actual give a feeling of progression. Static talents, legendaries, etc cannot do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Underverse View Post
    It's not particularly compelling especially when the final trait is...an ilvl upgrade.
    Oh my god yes! The first thing that popped into my mind was this gif

So many of them are just damage shields and healing. It would have made way more sense to just add those to the necklace as it leveled. Instead we get a handful of traits that do basically the same thing and take up spots on armor.

I like the stuff like Thunderous Blast that is useful and has an interesting mechanic. Most of the traits are just boring though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeth View Post
    Totally agree. And even when class/spec-specific traits are desirable, some are tuned as much as 5x higher than others. Hard to be excited about a mythic raid piece down the road in Uldir that may feature a completely throwaway trait. Hoping Blizzard balances these soon. And by "balances" I don't mean "nerfs all of the good ones until the entire system is dead."
    Yeah either they let it stay broken like it currently is or they will probably nerf the good / more interesting traits into the ground killing the system outright. The whole system was flawed from the very beginning, as was apparent during alpha/beta already.

We lost interesting and sometimes rotation changing set bonuses for armor that shoots lighting at the target 3ppm? Revolutionary! Outstanding! World class designers at work!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Camthur View Post
    I like the stuff like Thunderous Blast that is useful and has an interesting mechanic. Most of the traits are just boring though.
    Hmm I might be missing something but how is that an interesting mechanic..? You have literally zero control over it, you can’t choose when it procs or line it up with CDs etc. It just does its thing. Same with Dagger in the Back. 2 strong traits that require no thinking whatsoever.
    There are a couple that seem semi-interesting, like that Arms one where you line up mobs for the cleave, but they are few and far between.

The vast majority are just set and forget, and tbh, without sims telling me which are the best, I’d honestly have no fkn idea myself.

Feedback started already in alpha that the azerite traits were barely noticable and didnt interact in any meaningful way with our dps rotations whatsoever. What does blizzard do? Well nothing ofc...

What they should have done is:
    1. balance the traits (for instance, dagger in the back is 3 times stronger than many traits on paper)
    2. buff all the traits so that the player actually notices them when they proc. Rather than a minor 2ndary stats buff give us a fkn 10sec hero/bl on proc so that when the player gets it he goes like "oh shit here we go guys!!!"

They are boring, but interesting on some classes and bad on the others.

Deleted
    Azerite armor is boring as fck, but then again so is BFA.. It has to match.

I enjoyed weapons way more thank Azerite armor, also think about all the transmorg and stuff that was put into those weapons? Now we get 3 pieces of gear that got a small talent wheel which is so mundane, yes articaft weapons had small talents that didnt do much yet it still felt so much better...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    its a huge backstep...but i got used to it ..it just makes me wonder why the scraped the legion artifact system it was unique i gave to everyone something and now ? everyone lost more then he got i mean its a new expansion whe should get something but we didnt even get a new talent row ....it feels a bit like WoD rushed because money
    Sadly I agree, as much as I enjoyed Legion I think this is another of those filler expansions and then after BFA there might be something decent coming..
    Since when has it ever been a great idea to have filler expansions inbetween?

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Have to disagree completely.

A static row of 3 talents is often not really a choice to begin with. At least Azerite can be expanded upon. Better talents can be added over the course of the expansion and actual give a feeling of progression. Static talents, legendaries, etc cannot do that.
    there is never a choice if you're playing high-end enough. there's always gonna be 1 talent/trait/whatever that's going to sim 0.1% better.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Feedback started already in alpha that the azerite traits were barely noticable and didnt interact in any meaningful way with our dps rotations whatsoever. What does blizzard do? Well nothing ofc...
    No, Feedback actually started with the Netherlight Crucible, as the Tier-2 passives were excruciatingly boring at the time, and they decided it was a great idea to implement a passive-only artifact system where some Torment of the Weak copycat will be BiS for most classes.

You hit M, and you see these special armor piece that would be empowered by your "click 5 object and you get it, easy" necklace popping up as WQ rewards everywhere, WOW these armors are free as fuck.

Are they supposed to replace LEGION legendary? Yeah Legendary WAS too hard to get must correct this MISTAKE, hit M fit to way point, sneak one hit onto the mob, you too can have this magical, very special, armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    The vast majority are just set and forget, and tbh, without sims telling me which are the best, I’d honestly have no fkn idea myself.
    Yeah the whole shit that blizzard keeps spouting about "easy to see which item is better" really flies out of the window when you omit important stats like the proc chances in your tooltips..

7+ Year Old Account
    And what was bad with yesterday's thread?
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

I think it would have been better to put the traits indeed on the necklace instead on various armour pieces. The entire system isn't very well designed, it's flawed in a lot of places.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I think it would have been better to put the traits indeed on the necklace instead on various armour pieces. The entire system isn't very well designed, it's flawed in a lot of places.
    Wouldn't have worked since the goal was to keep the endless-grind and loot treadmill going.

kinda feels like they fell into the same trap as legion, you just go to a website pick what ever is best for your spec and spec into it.

when they announced it, seems like it was gonna be something where you'd want to respec different traits depending on situation but so far it's nothing like that.