Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Special Delivery? More like Special pull whole instance and wipe Delivery

Hello fellow monks

Last night I did Tol Dagor Mythic and out of nowhere came 20 mobs running for me, all caused by that special delivery targeted random mobs I or my teammate were not in combat with.

I am just confused, is this intended? Any way to fix these issues?

Anyone else experienced this?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikdru View Post
    Hello fellow monks

Last night I did Tol Dagor Mythic and out of nowhere came 20 mobs running for me, all caused by that special delivery targeted random mobs I or my teammate were not in combat with.

Try learning to play and not ninja pull mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoochlol View Post
    Gotta love typical internet troll answers

Quote Originally Posted by Hoochlol View Post
    Yeah like. How dare he let his passive ability target mobs he isn't in combat with from elsewhere in the dungeon!

That's just it, Special Delivery only targets mobs that have you on their threat table(e.g already pulled). It's why it doesn't fire on dps target dummies, they don't aggro you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikdru View Post
    Hello fellow monks

No, because I always go with RJW as BrM. It's just too good as it fits nicely with my "Rotation", you can Keep it up all the time, it costs nothing AND you can auto dmg Groups so you have never to worry about aggro or your Keg Smash CD just for pulling Groups. I'd hate BrM in dungeons without this spell, especially after they reworked Keg Smash in legion.

The snare from Special Delivery is nice, sure... but monks have already excellent movement and kiting.

I'm not using it for its snare but because RJW block my view. Pretty important against the little AoEs that spawn everywhere, especially those from Shrine of the Storm. That green whirlwind gets boring pretty fast. AND you have to run through the entire dungeon ? Yeah, no, fuk that.
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    It's just too good as it fits nicely with my "Rotation", you can Keep it up all the time, it costs nothing AND you can auto dmg Groups so you have never to worry about aggro or your Keg Smash CD just for pulling Groups.
    That's why I'll use it only in Skittish weeks. However, I'm curious about your rotation though, How do you usually play them when every spell are off CD ? Or maybe you're using RJW everytime your BoF is on CD ?

Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    I'm not using it for its snare but because RJW block my view. Pretty important against the little AoEs that spawn everywhere, especially those from Shrine of the Storm. That green whirlwind gets boring pretty fast. AND you have to run through the entire dungeon ? Yeah, no, fuk that.

That's why I'll use it only in Skittish weeks. However, I'm curious about your rotation though, How do you usually play them when every spell are off CD ? Or maybe you're using RJW everytime your BoF is on CD ?
    Maybe I don't really understand your Question, but RJW is up all the time.

Your first part of your post is also pretty odd lol but whatever

Ive not personally used special delivery as rjw seems to good to pass but it honestly shouldnt have a good enough range on it to pull extra mobs. Are you sure its from special delivery and not some azerite trait or missdirection for instance? I found that the engineering helm for instance has a trait called R.I.P, which when theres only 1 mob left in a pack, it will bounce to an unagroed pack 20 or 30yrds away from me.

Deleted
    thats because you need to get better

Blademaster
    5+ Year Old Account
    I still prefer RJW. Like other posters said, can have it up 100% of the time and helps gather up incoming adds or accidental pulls. Can also run a cancel macro, normally for Tol'Dagor so I dont pull all those random neutral mobs after we clear a group lol.
    Special Delivery was ok in legion cause dungeons felt more open, I only used it a couple times in BFA and it didn't feel right and always had a fear pulling extra groups in the smaller dungeons with more trash >.>
    We did have an instance the other night where our fire mage pulled the last boss in that place before we were even at the 3rd boss. Maybe that dungeon is just buggy?
    US - HORDE - Illidan
    Currently playing Brewmaster and Vengeance.
    Looking for more M+ groups to push keys and BG.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Maybe I don't really understand your Question, but RJW is up all the time.

Your first part of your post is also pretty odd lol but whatever
    When you play the dungeons with little space, you have your whole screen on green whirlwind. You can hardly see what's going on below your feet in order to avoid some AoE. That's why I hate this talent.

About the rotation part, there's is simply no way you're using all those spells without losing some "downtime" somewhere, like having BoF ready for a while simply because you're busy with spending BoS + KS first for example. Or I suck.

I'd recommend using Special Delivery while solo questing and Rushing Jade Wind for Dungeons

Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    When you play the dungeons with little space, you have your whole screen on green whirlwind. You can hardly see what's going on below your feet in order to avoid some AoE. That's why I hate this talent.
    I never ever had an issue with this. Not in Legion, not in BfA. You might want to zoom out more or your screen or Resolution might be too small... otherwise I can't see how you can have an issue with this honestly. That's a super odd issue which I'm Hearing of for the first time.

EDIT: If you're also talking about pulling extra Mobs then yeah you do have a Point there (for example in Tol Dagor with the neutral Mobs), but then again RJW can be just cancelled, while Special Delivery will auto trigger with your brews.

About the rotation part, there's is simply no way you're using all those spells without losing some "downtime" somewhere, like having BoF ready for a while simply because you're busy with spending BoS + KS first for example. Or I suck.
    RJW only "costs" a global cooldown, has no energy costs and the CD is practically non-existent, because the Duration is longer than the CD (both affected by Haste though). So you can basically Keep it up 100% of the time and it does not interfere with other spells. It's probably the easiest Monk spell to use.

And if you want to use Special Delivery you Need to make use of the snare (you should try to kite whenever you can in order to avoid some uninterruptable hard hits... it's easy as Monk as you can just roll somewhere) if you want to do some serious more serious Content.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2018-08-30 at 04:25 PM.

if you using anything but RJW as a tank you shouldnt be tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by kran1um View Post
    I'm glad we live in a free world and I don't have to listen to you.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kran1um View Post
    I agree that RJW is better, but there's no reason to be rude to others. Special Delivery is actually good too. It's just not the best choice. Not everyone needs to min/max.

OP--I would submit a bug and outline what happened to you. I doubt it's intended behavior.

I can't express how much I detest the constant swirling graphic of RJW.

Quote Originally Posted by PinDrop View Post
    That's just it, Special Delivery only targets mobs that have you on their threat table(e.g already pulled). It's why it doesn't fire on dps target dummies, they don't aggro you.
    From what i know, that is true. SD works exactly the same as Survival Hunters Serpent Sting+talent for AOE.
    SD targets ONLY mobs that are already marked in combat with you.
    However, its splash damage tags additional mobs if SD hits the mob which is in small AOE pack.
    Im having slight issue in freehold with SD as it tends to tag sometimes passive (yellow) mobs with its splash damage, but so far i havent encountered that it flew off where it shouldn't.
    Those 20is mobs are probably chain pull by the mob which was hit with SD, he kept aggroing new mobs as it was running to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyanmaru View Post
    It's not nerfed unless it's live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurg View Post
    From what i know, that is true. SD works exactly the same as Survival Hunters Serpent Sting+talent for AOE.
    SD targets ONLY mobs that are already marked in combat with you.
    However, its splash damage tags additional mobs if SD hits the mob which is in small AOE pack.
    Im having slight issue in freehold with SD as it tends to tag sometimes passive (yellow) mobs with its splash damage, but so far i havent encountered that it flew off where it shouldn't.
    Those 20is mobs are probably chain pull by the mob which was hit with SD, he kept aggroing new mobs as it was running to you.
    The problem is that it doesn't target mobs that are combat with you. Just in combat in general. So when in Tol Dagor there are mobs fighting each other it can be casted on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard