Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Source?

/10c
    Not a source but in the last season Alliance didn't even have a full page of groups in pvp group finder.

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    I never liked the concept of "everything needs to be equal because its competition"
    Yeah! That's why they're totally cool with people using steroids and drugs in other competitive sports! And why NASCAR and other similar racing organizations let people enter with anything they want! Oh, and in Chess why one side gets a full set of pieces but the other only gets a king and two pawns! Or in Checkers where one side gets a full set of pieces and the other only gets three! etc.!

No this is a mmo
    So what? PVP is a completely separate entity from what an MMORPG actually is. In fact, it was only first added in to games like this because they wanted try to curb the assholishness of PKers who used every trick they could think of to kill other players. I mean, sure, it didn't work in the slightest, but that's beside the point. PVP only exists in these games to try and keep you people away from the real players of the game.

Unfortunately, even Blizzard forgot about that and they've been trying for over a decade now to turn WoW into a competitive (uhoh, there's that word you hate!) "esport." And the only way for that to truly happen is for each character/team to be on equal footing with the other. Their refusal to do that is precisely why PVP in this game is so insipidly pathetic and hated by the vast, vast, vast majority of its playerbase.

If they want that to change, they need to make PVP properly competitive. Not just a gankfest for asshole players who go out of their way to be assholes to everyone else.

I thought secondary stats were actually more important for this reason, damage might get scaled but haste, crit and in some cases mastery are unaffected by that
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    Yeah! That's why they're totally cool with people using steroids and drugs in other competitive sports! And why NASCAR and other similar racing organizations let people enter with anything they want! Oh, and in Chess why one side gets a full set of pieces but the other only gets a king and two pawns! Or in Checkers where one side gets a full set of pieces and the other only gets three! etc.!

So what? PVP is a completely separate entity from what an MMORPG actually is. In fact, it was only first added in to games like this because they wanted try to curb the assholishness of PKers who used every trick they could think of to kill other players. I mean, sure, it didn't work in the slightest, but that's beside the point. PVP only exists in these games to try and keep you people away from the real players of the game.

Unfortunately, even Blizzard forgot about that and they've been trying for over a decade now to turn WoW into a competitive (uhoh, there's that word you hate!) "esport." And the only way for that to truly happen is for each character/team to be on equal footing with the other. Their refusal to do that is precisely why PVP in this game is so insipidly pathetic and hated by the vast, vast, vast majority of its playerbase.

If they want that to change, they need to make PVP properly competitive. Not just a gankfest for asshole players who go out of their way to be assholes to everyone else.
    PVP in WoW was a thing long before arena tough

PVP in WoW was a thing long before arena tough
    And your point is... what exactly? I didn't say shit about arenas.

But those games are not MMO games with a character you level and progress
    well to be fair, pvp in wow has always been a "side" of the game and not the main part. It's completely fine that PvP doesn't follow the traditional MMO-design, yeah have PvP gear progress your character when not in rated pvp but while in rated pvp everyone should be as equally scaled or geared as possible.
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Deleted
    Idk why people who consider pvp not the main part of the game think they should have a saying in what matters for pvp, could be me though.

most retarded thing is that all these high ilvl items in great numbers that pvp players get with zero effort and time is top items for pve... pvp awards items that ruin pve and means nothing in pvp. what a joke... every single top guild already replace split raid runs to gear raid with pvp farm (3v3 or rbg)... its ok for pve game like wow when you get items in pve to be strong in pvp because pvp is small side system just for fun nobody cares like pet battles... but when pvp farm is mandatory for pve progress it's a cancer...

Quote Originally Posted by ztn View Post
    pvp awards items that ruin pve and means nothing in pvp. what a joke...
    I agree. When I get gear from pvp I want it to be good in pvp. I could care less if it is good in pve but if it is good in both I guess that is just a bonus.

its ok for pve game like wow when you get items in pve to be strong in pvp because pvp is small side system just for fun nobody cares like pet battles... but when pvp farm is mandatory for pve progress it's a cancer...
    I disagree. Just because you think pve gear should be king of all that is WoW doesn't mean others want it that way. You may play WoW for the pve but I play for the pvp. Why should you get benefits in pvp from gear obtained in pve? Honestly I would prefer the return of pvp vendors and keeping gear separate.

Your opinion is obviously biased and can't be taken seriously. It either goes both ways for gear OR gear is separated.

Deleted
    most retarded thing is that all these high ilvl items in great numbers that pvp players get with zero effort and time is top items for pve... pvp awards items that ruin pve and means nothing in pvp. what a joke... every single top guild already replace split raid runs to gear raid with pvp farm (3v3 or rbg)... its ok for pve game like wow when you get items in pve to be strong in pvp because pvp is small side system just for fun nobody cares like pet battles... but when pvp farm is mandatory for pve progress it's a cancer...
    If getting gladiator items was so easy everyone would do it. Do you? Getting to glad takes alot of effort. It's a VERY small amount of players getting there. Just like mythic raiding. So cut the crap.

Don't even know what y'all are saying, I'm a casual BG rat and I'm inclined to AFK when I see half of my party under 80k hp, cause most of teh times my team gets facerolled hard... it basically made me change to rogue assassin main, and I find it easy to dispatch lowbies... really easy.

It's goddamn 2018, people are working, they rarely have time and public is favoring games that makes them get in, play some matches and then fly away to work, why not make pvp like this (Legion was set on the right way in my opinion) and work ON it instead of discard it away like they did in this sorry expac?
    Last edited by YsgraDudeMan; 2018-11-07 at 09:52 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for making an account to bump this thread with a useless post.