Thread: How's my Deeps?

How's my Deeps?

I'm currently sitting at 327 ilvl. We did Heroic Waycrest tonight and on the waycrest fight I pulled 7600, and on the final boss I pulled 9700.

I'm wondering what the rest of the world looks like, as all you ever see on streams are mythic geared people and it's hard to determine what's good from that.

I feel like everything takes forever to die in dungeons and it makes me a little worried to start trying mythics.

as a rogue 336 ilvl im around 8k single target after doing coupe mechanics... so I guess you're right where you should be.

Your DPS is fine for mythics but it's hard to tell you exactly how good it is without knowing the fight length. If the boss died seconds are you left serenity for example that the number would be low. If this was after going through a second rotation of your cooldowns then it's solid. You should be more then fine for mythics regardless

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    as a rogue 336 ilvl im around 8k single target after doing coupe mechanics... so I guess you're right where you should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    Your DPS is fine for mythics but it's hard to tell you exactly how good it is without knowing the fight length. If the boss died seconds are you left serenity for example that the number would be low. If this was after going through a second rotation of your cooldowns then it's solid. You should be more then fine for mythics regardless
    Thanks for the info. Fiif the fight usually goes: Pop SEF, Xuen and TOD then go to town, out dps everyone by like 12k, then do a couple of rotations and be out of energy and watch everyone else start to catch up.

But after I pop cooldowns I'm usually around 16k+ then it goes down from there.

Quote Originally Posted by lespaul5895 View Post
    Thanks for the info. Fiif the fight usually goes: Pop SEF, Xuen and TOD then go to town, out dps everyone by like 12k, then do a couple of rotations and be out of energy and watch everyone else start to catch up.

But after I pop cooldowns I'm usually around 16k+ then it goes down from there.
    it's exactly the same with outlaw (and even more so Assassin) Rogue... I skyrocket in DPS just to slow down after 20 sec or so... I guess Energy based classes' problem.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    it's exactly the same with outlaw (and even more so Assassin) Rogue... I skyrocket in DPS just to slow down after 20 sec or so... I guess Energy based classes' problem.
    Not really anything new here. Used to be the case on my warrior in some expansions when damage cooldowns were strong.. Or my best memory of it, ret paladins in early MoP..

I would do insane dps on pull with cooldowns, and then drop for the rest of the fight, with a pause in the drop when cooldowns came back up. It was basically a fight to just keep ahead after initial cooldowns went down.

So not sure it has anything to do with energy based classes.. I guess it could eventually have some effect on it though. But genereally I'd say it's because of really strong damage cooldowns which the spec is based around.

Probably also the reason so many WW-monks say they struggle on trash packs in mythics.. Not using any cooldowns on trash.

On Topic:
    I Think you'll be fine with that. I haven't really bothered checkjng my numbers, since I have done everything with the exact same Group and I tend to be even with our outlaw rogue.

Just remeber to use cooldowns on trash, but make sure they're up for bosses.
    Last edited by SirreASDF; 2018-08-30 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirreASDF View Post

Probably also the reason so many WW-monks say they struggle on trash packs in mythics.. Not using any cooldowns on trash.
    So glad I'm not the only one struggling on trash packs.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    So glad I'm not the only one struggling on trash packs.
    Yeah, generally my dps isn't really great on say 3-mob packs, which most often tend to be the case in our mythics, but with some smart cooldown usage it's at least not bad.. And the dps tend to be better the more targets I have. That said, I compare my dps to my cleave-heavy friends at all times, not actual numbers.

If I can get a full karma on single target I'm pretty much untouchable on the dps though, so I think it evens out.

Quote Originally Posted by SirreASDF View Post
    If I can get a full karma on single target I'm pretty much untouchable on the dps though, so I think it evens out.
    So, I've not used Karma yet, I'm assuming I just taunt off tank during TOD window?

This is a really hard question to answer because as a windwalker, our burst is absolutely insane with touch of death, in fact ive never been beaten on world bosses except by another monk and im not even windwalker ms. So your boss dps will probably almost entirely depend on the rest of the group dps. For instance I can usually burst for around 22k. But then it reduces until it stabilizes around 8k give or take. So if the rest of the group has crazy burst on the bosses, the boss will die faster and you will do a significant amount more dps.
    As for your query on karma, I dont think i would ever taunt a boss to karma. It not only might screw up the tank but depending on the boss you might lose your karma within a single hit and if the tanks not fast enough, you could die pretty quickly. It usually depends on the fight but some fights, standing in fire for instance can help with your dps through karma or if you know that a certain mechanic is incoming then using karma to negate that is generally the best thing you can do. As a windwalker you dont have much in the way of defensives. Karma is great and all for improving your dps but its also a really good damage reduction cooldown so if theres a mechanic that calls for it, saving karma to help keep yourself alive is usually the best play.

15+ Year Old Account
    So, I've not used Karma yet, I'm assuming I just taunt off tank during TOD window?
    That could work too. Never done that, as it could piss tanks off. I just wait until the boss does a big aoe and stand in it. Just have to keep a close eye on when the karma expires, so you don't kill yourself.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

That's not an issue with Energy based classes only... actually it isn't an issue at all. It just means that certain specs have better burst, that's it.

For all the people saying "omg no, you never taunt off the tank". You're wrong. Their are actual GUIDES that break down every dungeon encounter explaining how to properly use and get the most out of Touch of Karma and they do include taunting off the tank to soak some of the harder hitting abilities.

Next time you go and do Siege of Boralus tell your group to kill the Demo Tentacle while you go and solo the Gripping with ToD and ToK rolling to chunk the living hell out of it and then let them come over when they are done with Demo to clean it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Quickpaw View Post
    For all the people saying "omg no, you never taunt off the tank". You're wrong. Their are actual GUIDES that break down every dungeon encounter explaining how to properly use and get the most out of Touch of Karma and they do include taunting off the tank to soak some of the harder hitting abilities.

Next time you go and do Siege of Boralus tell your group to kill the Demo Tentacle while you go and solo the Gripping with ToD and ToK rolling to chunk the living hell out of it and then let them come over when they are done with Demo to clean it up.
    IF you taunt off a tank and die, dont blame the tank.

Quote Originally Posted by kran1um View Post
    IF you taunt off a tank and die, dont blame the tank.
    This is why you play the game with people you know and are on voice comms with and know the spec you're playing. I'm sure this is hilarious in pugs though.

Quote Originally Posted by Quickpaw View Post

And no1s disagreeing that taunting off the tank might be a dps increase in some places. And it might also help save a tank from a hard hitting ability. However reasons why not to taunt off a random tank who doesnt know your intentions
    - it will no doubt piss him off
    - if hes not on the ball then you might die
    - you are using your only personal cooldown as a dps cooldown. If a hard hitting ability is going to hit in the next 1.5mins then not having a defensive will give the healer a harder time and also might risk you dieing.

So if you know the dungeon off by heart spell by spell and you are on good terms with the tank then sure taunt to your hearts content.