Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    laughs in magician

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    You can't gate/cloak/turtle it.

I thiink there's something funky about it and I'm not sure if it's ping related. I had no problems with the maze on any of my first runs (including in a pre-release playtest), no accidental touches at all. And then I did the dungeon a few days ago and was doing 3-4 fails on every single one (to the point where I almost died); it felt like the sparks were not drawing in the right spot since I was hitting them even on very big, easy gaps. The other people in my run had a lot of trouble too (PuGs though so I don't know if they normally have issues). All through Legion I had a bug where the elevator's location was off visually from where it actually was, and it felt exactly like that. My ping is usually 12-20ms so I'm almost wondering if it was caused by whatever caused the elevator thing rather than latency and things are just drawing in the wrong spot.

I guess it's possible I was just having a bad day but I'm a little cynical. It's also possible that other people have the same result for latency related issues regardless of whether mine was user failure or something else.

In any case, mentioning it in case other people have experienced similar.
    You can gateway it easily, just need to make sure it's a moment when there's no balls on your starting and end point when you click it.

The hard part is that it rarely happens and requires you wait longer than actually just running through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tr1n1ty View Post
    Infernal Strike works, you just have to double jump on the right place and then IS over it.
    Warlock Gateway also works if placed correctly (on both)
    Wait, where is the correct place?

Quote Originally Posted by ongal View Post
    Anyone else having issues with this maze?

I play on OCE servers and ,generally, this maze is ok if I am playing on a local server. However, if I am ever in a US instance or there happens to be something else causing high ms the maze is near impossible to get through. Just finished a dungeon that was on US servers and had another OCE player in with myself who was having significant issues getting through it. This isn't the first time i've seen players struggle, and more often then not it's OCE players in a US instace. It often ends with the player either leaving, or needing a rez once someone else has gotten through.
    I heroic leap over, turn around, and pull out the popcorn.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

It's great being a warrior I can just heroic leap over it

Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    Interesting, since Infernal Strike doesn't work which I assume is more or less the exact same ability. Perhaps Heroic Leap has a slightly higher arc?
    Infernal Strike works perfectly fine... just don't go through an orb with it. I literally double jump and then infernal strike to the end every time. Don't even need double jump if you aim it right, but it makes it all the easier. it also helps on the bridge when you get there that fast as a VDH and stop the additional spawns of it for your group.

Deleted
    I'm quite fortunate to play a Mage with shimmer talent. There are times when I succeed 1st try to just move through but more often as soon as I fail I just spam shimmer 2x and am done with it. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried Yank of Faith on someone

comedy insued

yeah travel form+wild charge (you can take a passenger with this), disengage, goblin jump, blink, heroic leap, double jump+ fel rush/infernal,

hell, any speed boost whatsoever makes it pretty trivial in my opinion (although I'd avoid going over 200%, I've actually found it quite difficult with skystep and travel form), the most annoying factor is that your healer can't sit around there to heal the bad and be up with the group to start doing trash and pugs tend to be really terrible with healing range...

I will say though is that it seems to run client side in some manor similar to elevators, meaning if you have a bad computer or stuff open you can get de-sync'd from the rest of your group (this was annoying as hell in vault of the wardens or possibly they spawn in at certain timings sent from the server when they load in based on your view distance settings? I'd love to have a panel at blizzcon solely on how they make tight timing checks work in an online game),

I personally ran into a weird issue where 2 of the rotating walls both going clockwise (the dotted ones where you'd usually go through one, then adjust left or right to the next) were on top of each other, so rather than going through one, then walking right or left through the next, you just had to go really fast during the few seconds when those walls were parallel to the path.
    Last edited by ryklin; 2018-09-02 at 12:57 AM.

Its not hard but it is unusal. The biggest thing is you just have to identify the pattern and then move though it on its terms. Most people just want to go go go go go and then its a wall and boom.. back of the line. Just give it a second and see that the opening is here, and then its here, and then its here (and that these openings move in circle as well as time passes) and you will just go though it everytime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did Temple again the day after my last post in this thread and it was fine, so I am going to guess probably I had a desync issue on the one run.

For the people using speed boost, I don't know how that is easier! I am much more prone to making a mistake if I'm going super fast, and most of the people I see fuck up are trying to rush it. Slow and steady makes it super easy. But that's me.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Anyone figured out when's the best time to run through, i.e. biggest gaps? I find the most success running with the lightning, like a turnstile. I've also noticed that the patterns repeat, and is not random, so I'm sure there is a "best solution" to this puzzle.

roll a dh and jump over it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nicbizz View Post
    Anyone figured out when's the best time to run through, i.e. biggest gaps? I find the most success running with the lightning, like a turnstile. I've also noticed that the patterns repeat, and is not random, so I'm sure there is a "best solution" to this puzzle.
    I think the big and small gaps just alternate (although it isn't 1:1) so its mostly just a matter of waiting a few seconds for the big gaps and then weaving through them.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

In case of emergency, use a swapblaster.

Had the same problem on vizier in HoF .

Just need to remember the orb on your screen doesn't line up with the actual hitbox - just adjust that half second and run through where you know the gap is, rather than where you see the gap is.

Ask if someone has a swapblaster in your group,it works

I hate this part. It should be removed.

Deleted
    I swear it's more difficult on my chaman because my ghost wolf's hitbox is bigger.

15+ Year Old Account
    Being a Void Elf is pretty cool =)
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)