Poll: Azerite System is a failure?

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    That was true with your weapon last expansion.
    That was one of the reasons I skipped Legion. I didn't like it then, I don't like it now. Problem is, it's much worse and especially lazier now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cellineth View Post
    So you don't like customization?
    It was hardly customization.

Sets were pretty much obligatory. We all aimed to have the same ones.
    And relics... well they were further punishment for having bad luck, nothing more and nothing less. We all wanted the optimal ones; often times forsaking ilvl upgrades for the BiS traits (especially before the crucible came in, when it was somewhat mitigated).

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Tbf, the Artifact system was also considered a failure, now it's hailed as something great.

I don't find the Azerite system terribly engaging, but am reserving judgment until I get my hands on proper items/see what they'll do with it in future patches.

The fact that it doesn't use relicts is a massive boon to me. Hated the system of the damned relics.
    That is the one thing I do like about this new system is not having to hunt for BiS relics for my weapon.. That was one of the worse parts of the artifact weapon not to forget the needing billions of AP to get it to a decent level, that and the feeling of never getting anywhere with the artifact weapon when it came to said AP..

The new system while it has some flaws, once you get to the center ring you know you have accomplished something no matter how small it is.. Same could be said I suppose of the artifact weapon but for what seemed like the endless filling in of the paragon trait..

Either way will see how this system goes with time in the xpac..

It's way too early to call it anything. For now, I enjoy the potential and how it can influence different builds and playstyles.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gleepot View Post
    It's way too early to call it anything. For now, I enjoy the potential and how it can influence different builds and playstyles.
    Pretty much true, this topic should have come at the end of the expac to really decide if this system was a failure or not..

Deleted
    So, i just hit level 20, it took like 30k ap, which is an almost absurd number in a world where u get 200 ap for a WQ, but finally I hit 20 ... nothing happened :/

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Pretty much true, this topic should have come at the end of the expac to really decide if this system was a failure or not..
    No it won't have any impact.

You can see they disable legendary effect in PVP in LEGION, because those effects are DESIGNED to alter your play style too significant for it to work in PVP.
    You can see they don't even bother to do that with azerite trait, and the second you do something inventive to these trait (like hmmm STACKING THEM, OMG the exploit!), they NERF it.

What more do you want to see?

Deleted
    I liked the idea, but not long ago I realized it's basically a gimmick. Yeah I know we only have normal mythic dungeon level of gear and stuff, but still. I'm fortunate enough to have my best trait on one of my azerite pieces, and for example, last time in a mythic dungeon (seeing the TOTAL damage of that dungeon), it dealt 3,9% of my damage. So even if my best trait only gives 4% increase, you can basically stop giving a shit about it, and only hunt gear for higher ilvl instead of chasing exact pieces for a given trait. :/

Bit premature to call it a failure but I'm definitely on the fence about it.
    It just seems like a worse version of the relics fused into armor now.

I'll wait to see it play out a bit longer but while I was invited, I wasn't able to participate in the Beta.
    So since it has gone live, has been my only exposure to it.

I find it strange but I'm willing to let it go a bit before I pass judgement on it.

I dont even know how people can kid themselves into thinking its a fun system let alone a rewarding, compelling system.

Theres gonna be clear BiS traits that you will chase all expansion while also staring at a arbitrary wall of a number till you can even use it

Quote Originally Posted by Zurich View Post
    So, i just hit level 20, it took like 30k ap, which is an almost absurd number in a world where u get 200 ap for a WQ, but finally I hit 20 ... nothing happened :/
    This is what makes me worry. Higher item level pieces require higher levels of the neck piece. Thus, I might not unlock the 3rd or the last tier of a piece ever.

aint nobody got time for that.jpg

Is ok, we really dont know until raid mytych plus realease.

It's rubbish. Just bring back enchanting, gemming and reforging all our gear like we did in cata/MoP. That was the last time gearing was actually fun and required more than 2 seconds of thought. Miraculously, you fix professions at the same time.

If I was as bad at my job as the class dev team is theirs, I'd be looking for work to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Noobslayer View Post
    I don't understand what it is supposed to accomplish. It seems I have multiple pieces of the same slot at the same ilevel but each has different AP level requirements for each azerite tier. I have many piecees like this but they don't benefit me and when I finally am able to level the AP up on the piece of gear I am already getting higher ilevel gear that i can't unlock the azerite levels on ....it's so damn confusing and frustrating.
    dont you like the carrot on the stick ?

doesnt it makes you want to farm ap all day long

what a shame blizzard worked so hard on this so you have "content" to do in game

its a garbage system - ap should be removed from game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I dont even know how people can kid themselves into thinking its a fun system let alone a rewarding, compelling system.

Theres gonna be clear BiS traits that you will chase all expansion while also staring at a arbitrary wall of a number till you can even use it
    and every 2 months blizzard will do "retuning" of traits and suddenly BiS will be garbage

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    It's rubbish. Just bring back enchanting, gemming and reforging all our gear like we did in cata/MoP. That was the last time gearing was actually fun and required more than 2 seconds of thought. Miraculously, you fix professions at the same time.
    This is the only way how to make it right, but ... there is a problem, they don't want people to have control over customization, they don't want people to have a real choice. It will be too fast for progression, because they have undermined almost all reasoning mechanisms of its speed control long ago Moreover, this can disrupt their so-called (I don't think they themselves believe in it) balance, as people can independently come to some more original/cunning (see quote below) decision that developers haven't foreseen - and that's what they'll try to never let you again

So...
    Quote Originally Posted by gobio View Post
    No it won't have any impact.

You can see they disable legendary effect in PVP in LEGION, because those effects are DESIGNED to alter your play style too significant for it to work in PVP.
    You can see they don't even bother to do that with azerite trait, and the second you do something inventive to these trait (like hmmm STACKING THEM, OMG the exploit!), they NERF it.

What more do you want to see?
    they can't disable stats and characteristics, they already tried to introduce templates, people won't be fooled by this anymore. A-a-and *drum-roll* they invented what they "can" switch off at will (already did this with class-sets, artifacts and legendary items, also PvP-talents and toys). The next possible step will be a slow and inconspicuous removal of all these numerical parameters from items that disturbing them like crumbs in a bed, so they won't need to care about ilvl growth, and traits that came to replace them will be disabled every new expansion with character growth. They will no longer have to invent anything essentially new from then (since talent-tree already dead long time ago), just twist the wheel

ps. As my friend says: "Everything is very logical and easy to predict, if you think about it a little".
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2018-11-19 at 06:38 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

10+ Year Old Account
    blizzard will not admit failure and so we will have to put up with this awful system for 2 years.

gg
    Hi

Deleted
    The fact that the only thunderous blast mail shoulders, drops from a wq is, in itself, enough evidence of how shit this is.

10+ Year Old Account
    15 pages of Judgement on a system that has only really been revealed by about 35% thus far (excluding High end mythic+ as well as even RF level Raid gear).
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    15 pages of Judgement on a system that has only really been revealed by about 35% thus far (excluding High end mythic+ as well as even RF level Raid gear).
    what are you talking about ? the system is out in open - and people hate it af.

its a stupid pointless grind that bring nothing to game besides timegating.