how do Arcane Mages heal?

just finished a BG that we won and my resto druid healing was 1.1 mil and the next closest healer was an Arcane Mage at 900k. I have a lowbie mage and I know that Evocation used to also heal you but last time I used the skill I didnt gain any health. So when do mages get a heal skill that is almost on par with a resto Druid?

Invis + eat food.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavian View Post
    Invis + eat food.
    Does that actually count ? I remember blink used to heal but im not sure of thats still the case

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    just finished a BG that we won and my resto druid healing was 1.1 mil and the next closest healer was an Arcane Mage at 900k. I have a lowbie mage and I know that Evocation used to also heal you but last time I used the skill I didnt gain any health. So when do mages get a heal skill that is almost on par with a resto Druid?
    Shields count as healing
    Arcane mages have good spammable shield

Deleted
    Prismatic barrier + Mana Shield talent.

Makes your barrier quite expensive (11k mana for my mage when fully absorbed / about 10% of maximum mana for me) but more potent than an euphoria buffed Powerword: Shield (absorbs equally much, but also reduces magical damage taken, reduces magical dots).

Temporal shield, pvp talent that gives you back the life you lose while it is active.

Quote Originally Posted by D-angeL View Post
    Prismatic barrier + Mana Shield talent.
    This pretty much, shield absorbs count as healing done. In BGs it's pretty easy to just spam it and go drink afterwards, cause people aren't massively organized. The only real thing that fucks up an Arcane is getting stun locked and zerged currently, or just running out of mana, but that rarely happens in BGs if you know what you are doing.